Official Packer vs Seattle Studs n Duds

Sky King

Reaction score
I don't know about other people, but I would so much rather watch a "looser" game than one with too many flags, even if it means something penalties against the Packers are going uncalled. As long as it's the same strike zone both directions, let 'em play.
The bigger issue is the inconsistency between the NFL ref crews. That's what can drive a team and it's fans nuts. And it always leaves me befuddled how they allow more in the Super Bowl than in the regular season. Maybe it's just that the crews are the cream of the crop or perhaps the crews are instructed to be less ticky-tacky. Whatever, it is sometimes wildly inconsistent throughout the season. Why not apply the rules more consistently for every game as much as possible? If loose play is good in the SB then it should be good the rest of the year, too. (If it had been Triplett's crew assigned to the last game it may have lasted another 30 minutes.)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Want to see officiating that's all over the place, in the same game? Watch any NHL game.

D

Deleted member 6794

I doubt Bennet considered that when he responded. The next time it happens it may cost us.

Agreed, I'm absolutely convinced Bennett wasn't aware his penalty wouldn't alter the decision to be made by the coaching staff going forward.

I watched that play over and over yesterday. It looked like PI to me, as well. But just maybe the ref saw the ball as uncatchable. Even if there had been no contact before the catch it would have been a tough catch to make. Graham's momentum (after leaping to reach the ball) may have carried him out of bounds anyway. Other than being uncatchable there seems to be no plausible reason for not calling PI.

I,too think the Graham play was PI but not called because it was uncatchable. Also, most refs seem to give both WR's and DB's a lot more leeway on endzone plays.

While it would have definitely been tough for Graham to catch that ball I don't believe it should have been deemed uncatchable.

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You may already have answered this question. The Seahawks are known as a physical team that takes some shots against the other team. Could this reputation sometimes backfire on them so that they are watched more carefully by the refs and assumed to be trying to get away with illegal things?