OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course we're not unbeatable, but we are a damn good football team and it will take an A+ game, I mean A++ for the Giants to beat this team. And even if they bring that game, the Packers can still win.

Agree with this.. Giants need an A game.. Only if they get that, do they have a chance.. But, they have brought that game lately.. Not expecting a win, but I wasn't in 07 either.. Three weeks ago I would have thought no chance. Now I give them a 15-25% chance

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
you WERE champions . . . not anymore . . .stop living in the past

During the course of this season and playoffs, referring to the Packers as "the Champs" or "Defending NFL Champions" is quite a common thing to do- and not just by us Cheeseheads. Media across the country generally do the same for all the SB winners each following season. So, your point is....?

Back on topic: Going to be a great game. My prediction is that both teams play at an A+ level and it simply comes down to one bounce of the ball and/or whichever team scores as time runs out. Cannot wait for Sunday!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants: 1-3 vs playoff teams

Packers: 6-0 vs playoff teams

6-0 including a head-to-head win against your team at your house, and a win over a Saints team who plays a lot like GB and also beat your team.

shield4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me start off saying that yes Giants are a tough team but they are no match to the packers on either side of the ball.

The last game that we had against the Giants, the one that they barely "won" (which they didn't) ... they we're very lucky that our WR's we're dropping balls or else that game would of been over in the 3rd quarter. If the defense was so damn good, why not stop us on the last drive. As I stated we had too many drops against the Giants ... which led us to a close game.

With Clifton coming back our pass game will improve even more. That would give probably a second more for AR to find someone downfield without worrying to much. Our running game has improved every week, not only has Starks been running good but Grant has really looked like his oldself in the last couple of weeks. Starks had a much needed rest the past 2 weeks nursing his injuries and should be playoff ready IMO.

Defense is at the healthiest point of the season, Clay Matthews & Woodson had enough time to rest + Bishop and Hawk got an extra bye week to rest their issues. Pickett will be back which is a +++ for the run defense and we just gave Raji a needed rest to be ready for the playoffs.

Having this bye week is the best thing that happened to the coaching staff and the team to prepare against the Giants. Dom Capers will come up with a gameplan to stop Eli ... let's not forget every team has good players but we have both good players and playmakers. I'm not saying it will be a blowout but I'm just stating that the Giants don't really have that much of a 100% chance to beat us then they think they do !!!

Go Packers !!! The offense will be much improved in the playoffs

shield4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simple ...

Giants Record: 9-7
Record of playoffs teams faced in the season: 1-3

Lost twice to the pathetic 5-11 Redskins ...
Lost to a Niners team that has barely any offense
Beat the Atlanta Choke Ryan

I'm sick and tired of them talking this and talking that ...

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Lions a couple of weeks ago. Thought they were going to ride into GB on a high horse and stomp the Packers' 2nd stringers.

Now, cocky JPP feels the same.

Well, this isn't the Atlanta Falcons. This is the Packers, and in the last 13 months they have completely shredded the NYG defense. 38 points (Dec 4, 2011) and 45 points (Dec 26, 2010).

Rodgers is going to smoke the NYG this week. He loves beating the Giants, that's what he does.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ill be honset I came here to see what you packer fans think of the game sunday maybe talk some injuries and strategy but all I hear is "the packers and rodgers are going to shred the giants, blah blah...u people sound like 3rd graders....this is not a good place to talk x's and o's it seems...always heard packers fans were classy and knew the game.

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
\
You hate Eli? Maybe you should go get some help . . . there's nothing to dislike about him!

Other than the fact that he had his daddy help wittle Ewi out of having to go to those meanies in San Diego. The guy's a spoiled brat and a mouth breathing dummy.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
\
You hate Eli? Maybe you should go get some help . . . there's nothing to dislike about him . . . except that he's beaten you before and may do it again. Grow up!

Im not aloud to hate any players? You like every single player in the NFL? Cant wait till him see cry all game.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ill be honset I came here to see what you packer fans think of the game sunday maybe talk some injuries and strategy but all I hear is "the packers and rodgers are going to shred the giants, blah blah...u people sound like 3rd graders....this is not a good place to talk x's and o's it seems...always heard packers fans were classy and knew the game.

We're up in arms over one or two trolls. My theory, and this is just my theory, we Midwesterners don't like to brag. When we're challenged by a braggy opponent, we over-react and take it all way too personally. And that's when we start defending the Packers like we would defend our little sister.

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There was some good talk a few years ago..and some trolling too.. guess it's to be expected..the 'we are going to crush you guys' stuff is total insecurity.. It happens every year.. God knows there was enough of that leading up to the game in 08. Back then it was teams from NY can't comprehend the cold they would see in GB

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers will do his thing, but its all going to be in the trenches to see how big of a game he has. Can our line protect him will be a big question mark. Also will we play physical enough, alot of people said were not physical. We will see on Sunday. If we miss tackles were going to be in world of trouble. I really think we can force Eli into some bad mistakes, I expect the secondary to have a decent game.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're up in arms over one or two trolls. My theory, and this is just my theory, we Midwesterners don't like to brag. When we're challenged by a braggy opponent, we over-react and take it all way too personally. And that's when we start defending the Packers like we would defend our little sister.

That just doesn't happen with Midwesterners, it happens to a lot of people. To me, it's an Italian, la familia kind of thing. The Packers are la familia. We defend and protect la familia.

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just because we think that Rodgers will shred the d, we sound like 3rd graders? Sounds like you may have gotten your feelings hurt with what will probably happen. Look, other than the Saints, the Giants were the one team I didn't want the Pack to face in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean I don't think that the offense will still shred the Giants D. What I'm worried about is the Giants O shredding our D. Sounds like YOU need to be honest about your team and learn some X's and O's. I'd say Rodgers has set a precedent that he can and will succeed against the Giants pass D, so how is that so far fetched. Gimme a break and stop acting like a child yourself when someone points out that something that has happened multiple times in the past will proabably happen again Sunday since the Packers have had 2 weeks to gameplan for it. So, you don't think it's possible JPP is going to be stopped, correct? Wow, you must not be classy or know the game because you have faith in a player on your team.

P.S. If you don't like the opinions on this forum, trust me, noone is begging you to stay

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuse us!
I didn't know this PACKERS forum was supposed to revolve around you. A non Packers fan.
If you don't like it here, you can always leave.

And don't just get on our case when there are classless crap posts like this from Giants fans on here such as this one:

yep thats the one.. same one that walked into Lambeau and ripped yer hearts out

I have not seen any posts as brutal as that posted by any Packers fans.
And you claim we are acting like 3rd graders?
Child please.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not all of us are the over-confident, "we can't be beaten by anyone besides ourselves" type of fans.

I know for a fact that we can lose this game even if we play pretty well. That can happen with just one or two turnovers (like Rodgers had vs Arizona in that playoff loss), or like we had in Kansas City in that loss.

I know our defense has made some schitty RB, and QB's look pretty damn good this year.

I also know refs are capable of big mistakes that cost teams 7 points, and I know that the ball is not round and sometimes bounces for the other team.

Personnel-wise, the Giants have the most talented DL in football, and their receivers are as good as ours are. Nicks and Cruz are sensational, and Eli Manning is fantastic, and clutch.
I also know your RB's are good. They have hurt us before, this year and 4 years ago.

If the refs let your OL get away with holding like they let the Saints on Saturday night, or if we don't get any interceptions, then I have a bad feeling you b@st@rds are going to end our season again.

I don't mind most of the players on the Gi@nts, but I hate Eli who cried his way from going to the team who drafted him, the Chargers.
I don't like Coughlin, and I hate Osi who has cried to be traded a few times over the past few years.

I'd love to have Jason Pierre-Paul on our team though. I'd hate to see him twist his ankle badly early in this game.
Last game, we lost a few players, in New York.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because we think that Rodgers will shred the d, we sound like 3rd graders? Sounds like you may have gotten your feelings hurt with what will probably happen. Look, other than the Saints, the Giants were the one team I didn't want the Pack to face in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean I don't think that the offense will still shred the Giants D. What I'm worried about is the Giants O shredding our D. Sounds like YOU need to be honest about your team and learn some X's and O's. I'd say Rodgers has set a precedent that he can and will succeed against the Giants pass D, so how is that so far fetched. Gimme a break and stop acting like a child yourself when someone points out that something that has happened multiple times in the past will proabably happen again Sunday since the Packers have had 2 weeks to gameplan for it. So, you don't think it's possible JPP is going to be stopped, correct? Wow, you must not be classy or know the game because you have faith in a player on your team.

P.S. If you don't like the opinions on this forum, trust me, noone is begging you to stay
fair enough...but I heard someone claim that the packers are family..it make me laugh just a bit..like ur sport teams and love life is my theory but to each their own...My biggest concern is that the packers come out and try to knock the giants out in the first quarter..I can see rodgers coming out hot and it will be 21-0 before the giants know what hit them...If they can run the ball and keep a-rod on the sidelines and weather the storm early i think they have a shot. I like Eli late in the game. Both teams are healhier than they were in the first meeting. I hope aaron ross is healthy, I dont want to see a rookie corner out there...Do you extremely knowledgalbe packer fans think A-rod will be rusty having not played in 3 weeks? I dont think so but maybe early on he will have some rust.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simple ...

Giants Record: 9-7
Record of playoffs teams faced in the season: 1-3

Lost twice to the pathetic 5-11 Redskins ...
Lost to a Niners team that has barely any offense
Beat the Atlanta Choke Ryan

I'm sick and tired of them talking this and talking that ...
why would u be afraid? your not playing...is this a theme with packer fans? thinking they are apart of the team..lol

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Packers team is so much better than the last giants playoff game. Indescribably better. And the giants are the same. Can't wait to see coughlibs rosy cheeks again lol
Right now I am soooo glad we lost against the Chefs a few weeks back. Needed to remember what it felt like to loose! Go Packers!

Members online

Latest posts