Official Game Day Thread: Super Bowl XLV - Packers vs. Steelers - 2/6: WIN 31 - 25

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys are complaining when the team just won the Super Bowl. Go root for another team. All I have to say is; THANKS TED! I couldn't resist.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Hells yeah we WON. Packers got the Lombardi again, GO PACKERS, and Rodgers got MVP what a great night.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
finally...Amen to that brother. i say give someone else a chance. Nelson got to many tosses and came up short. i'm not bashing Nelson, but i felt he was a key component of the Packers coming close to losing and hopefully someone in manangement fixes him in the off season

Don't know why you are complaining about Nelson dropping a couple of passes. He also made plenty of great catches during the game. He was one of the key reasons we won the game.

But yeah, it was an awesome game and a very stressful game to watch. Started with that muffed punt when Shields ran into Williams. Some of those missed tackles that led to Mendenhall running for a bunch of yards. The dropped passes were also tough to watch. But all of that doesnt matter because our offense was great 3 out of 4 quarters and our defense made big plays when we really needed them ! The Lombardi trophy is coming home to Titletown and that's all that matters !

:happy0005::D:king2::drinks::amen:

dieautobot

Success is commemorated, Failure merely remembered
Reaction score
Don't know why you are complaining about Nelson dropping a couple of passes. He also made plenty of great catches during the game. He was one of the key reasons we won the game.

just my opinion. i mean, had williams not made that play to stop the drive by PIT, you'd be agreeing with me and placing the bulk of blame on the bad receivers. a little confetti and celebrating the superbowl doesn't preclude me from thinking of the future of the franchise. The packers took the trophy and are my heroes. i can celebrate and still point fingers at bad players during the superbowl. GOD BLESS WISCONSIN

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeaaaahhhhhh!!!! :happy0005:Good job everyone!! I love the Packers and all of my fellow cheesheads. We had a wonderful season!! Now lets get out there and celebrate!!

GO PACK GO!!

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Gonna go to bed. Just wanted to say one more time tonight,

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PACK GO!!!!!

Emerald1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold it...yes...yes... The day after...it feels even more fantastic. Seven years I've been a Packers nut. Now sometimes here in Europe,'it takes some explaining. People wonder why I don't choose one of the 'glamour' teams? Cowboys, Pats etc. Well today I get to fully explain my choice. So proud to be a Cheezehead. The only thing to top this would be a season trip to Lambeau!
Congrats to everyone in the family. This is our time.

Deke

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Massive congratulations to the whole Packers organisation - to each and every player and their families - to every member of the admin teams - to all the coaches, to all the backroom staff, to everyone who contributed in any way. And of course to all our supporters.

Because of you all, we the fans can say WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS and the Lombardi trophy is back home again.

My heartfelt thanks to you all for making me so proud to be a Packer fan.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
just my opinion. i mean, had williams not made that play to stop the drive by PIT, you'd be agreeing with me and placing the bulk of blame on the bad receivers. a little confetti and celebrating the superbowl doesn't preclude me from thinking of the future of the franchise. The packers took the trophy and are my heroes. i can celebrate and still point fingers at bad players during the superbowl. GOD BLESS WISCONSIN

Some people just get endorphine rushes from being negative nellies. When a team overcomes adversity like this year's Packers and wins the biggest sporting event in America, it's bad form to rain on the parade. Get your rush from savoring the moment. :happy0005:

AJO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a Packer fan since birth has paid off once again. Hopefully with getting all the IRs back next year we can do it all over again. GO! PAC! GO!

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Roethlisberger had another poor game, even though he was able to come through on some big plays midway through the game. He is a game manager, albeit one that plays better when it matters most. He is far from elite, and everyone with the exception of ESPN and Steeler fans know it. 19/16 in the Playoffs is not a great QBs numbers, I can't see how people say otherwise.

Rodgers now has to be considered one of the best currently playing, and he deserved that title long ago. If his WR's would have been able to hold onto the ball it would have been up there as one of the greatest all-time performances by a QB in a Super Bowl. Even with the drops many are already calling it that.

To sum this all up: The better team won Sunday, the better franchise won Sunday, the better QB won Sunday. Go Pack Go. You are world champs.

Topper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great video showing how confident and relaxed Aaron Rodgers was a week before the Superbowl!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL4kgFmZ9eA"]YouTube - Aaron Rodgers and Ryan Braun at the Bucks Game before the Super Bowl!!! - Jan. 29th 2011[/ame]

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Sigh,

Its nice knowing the Packers won this game. What a season, the Packers didn't fall like we thought they might in October. Proud of everyone on the team.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Oh yeah the reason why I felt the Packers were going to win. My apartment had a leaking heater and water drenched teh floor.

Packers - Bears game, Wife couldn't get off work in time.
Packers - Falcons, Had to work
Packers - Eagles forgot but I swore something bad happened.
Packers - Bears again forgot but I swore something bad happened.
Packers - Giants, got a flat tire on the way to the game.
Packers - Patriots, nothing bad happened
Packers - Lions, nothing bad happened. Snow storm but was safe.
Packers - 49ers spun out on the highway to the game and nearly died.

So yeah when the Packers are going to win something bad happens. LOL, someone just doesn't want me to have a great day.

Topper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great video to show how relaxed and confident Aaron Rodgers was a week before the Super Bowl!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL4kgFmZ9eA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL4kgFmZ9eA[/ame]

firehire

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i understand i'm not on the field, but come on!!! he dropped many crucial passes. we won, but it boiled down to luck and a lucky play by williams at the end. being on the edge of my seat only works if both teams were evenly matched. the packers clearly outclassed the steelers even in the beginning, then lost the momentum due to costly mistakes. had we lost, i'd place the blame squarely on Nelson

There was no luck involved. T Will is the real deal. He was tutored by Wood and Al. He is our CB of the future. He is oooozing with talent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts