Official Game Day Thread: Super Bowl XLV - Packers vs. Steelers - 2/6: WIN 31 - 25

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Biggest worry is can the Packers play all four remaining quarters. The hardest part about the Chicago game was great the Packers had a great lead, NOW DON'T BLOW IT. Steelers can relate to that in the Jets game. Jets had quite the comeback failure there not unlike the Bears. I am really hoping the Packers play like they did versus Atlanta in the Divisional, if they can pull that off, there will be a cheering from the green and gold clad crowds.

EJ Blitz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised people are playing off Pouncey's absence. That's pretty big.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score

This article reminded me of two things, my dad, although a steelman, is a Packers fan.

And one of my old bosses who worked at a hotel up in Green Bay, and would have meat packers apply for the hospitality business. He would always say how funny it was when people from the slaughter house would try and spruce up their job title. "Yeah, he said he killed cows all day, but would do really good helping out guests." But thats kind of off subject.

Go Pack. Your final hunt is "The most dangerous game."

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I'm surprised people are playing off Pouncey's absence. That's pretty big.

Care to explain, as I look at it, never underestimate a back up, look at the Packers; the team full of back ups filling in for their starters. Even our back up QB did good, sure he was not A-Rod but he did pretty darn good versus one of the AFL's best teams. So don't think that just because Pouncey aint starting the Steeler's won't stand a chance.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well see how much we attack the A gap pretty early I am sure. I think I want our D out there first. what about you guys?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
well see how much we attack the A gap pretty early I am sure. I think I want our D out there first. what about you guys?

Agreed, I think our D would set a better pace for us. Let the offense get grips of whats happening. On the Steeler's message boards the only topic I remember caring about was what is preferred coin toss decision. Most said defer, and I have to agree.

EJ Blitz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Care to explain, as I look at it, never underestimate a back up, look at the Packers; the team full of back ups filling in for their starters. Even our back up QB did good, sure he was not A-Rod but he did pretty darn good versus one of the AFL's best teams. So don't think that just because Pouncey aint starting the Steeler's won't stand a chance.
I didn't say anything about them not standing a chance. I'm just seeing a guy who's first start this year will be in the SB, he might make some mistakes like 2 weeks ago.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One is the Packers.
The other is the Stealers.
Night and day.
Just because Packers back ups are doing well does not mean the back ups for the other team will, or be better.

hansel13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer fan since I was born. Born and raised in Ptown, Oregon. It sucks out here because my family and I are like the only packers fans out here!

Anyway I'm stoked out of my mind for this game. It's been a great football year for me with the quack and pack, but the packers need to win this.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Packer fan since I was born. Born and raised in Ptown, Oregon. It sucks out here because my family and I are like the only packers fans out here!

Anyway I'm stoked out of my mind for this game. It's been a great football year for me with the quack and pack, but the packers need to win this.

I think there are a lot of people rooting for the Packers out in the Pacific Northwest (I'm a bit north of you). People want to see some redemption for the Seahawks, or so I've been told. I shopped for Packer gear yesterday and there were several other people in the store doing the same while I was in there.

You're not alone!

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagen. I don't think there will be any nonsense like that in the game (not that is wasn't an amazing call), two teams that want to just pound the crap out of the other team.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Game Day is on Sunday...do not forget to go to Church. Don't pray for a Packer victory, God has better things to do. READ MY SIG for inspiration. (LOL)

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Game Day is on Sunday...do not forget to go to Church. Don't pray for a Packer victory, God has better things to do. READ MY SIG for inspiration. (LOL)

I know they say God doesn't care about football, and that's almost certainly true (hahah - I can't say definitely! I tried, I can't - LOL) - but He does care about people, so I prayed for people.

:prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know they say God doesn't care about football, and that's almost certainly true (hahah - I can't say definitely! I tried, I can't - LOL) - but He does care about people, so I prayed for people.

:prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

"Hi, God? Its me. Can I talk to Lombardi real quick? Ok thanks."

Members online

Latest posts