Nick Collins Update...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really miss Collins so much.

And this guy. We were lucky to have both in their primes.
We were damn UNlucky to lose Collins in his beginning of prime.

But Woodson was so great his first 5 years with us.
We have not come close to replacing either guy.

I think we should sign Pollard or TJ Ward, and still draft another one high.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

I think we should sign Pollard or TJ Ward, and still draft another one high.

I don't want to Packers to sign a SS. Get Chris Clemons in free agency for a reasonable deal, draft another FS who won't have to contribute immediately and learn from some vets and start Burnett at SS.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to Packers to sign a SS. Get Chris Clemons in free agency for a reasonable deal, draft another FS who won't have to contribute immediately and learn from some vets and start Burnett at SS.
I'm fine with that.
But these safeties in Capers scheme back there are supposed to be more interchangable and not your pure strong and free types.

Pollard is both strong and a good tackler, hard hitter, but check out the passer ratings vs his coverage last season.
They were pretty good. Way better than anything we had.

We won't be able to get Ha-Ha in this draft, a pure great free safety.
Calvin Pryor is more of a strong safety type, not sure about his range back there.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm fine with that.
But these safeties in Capers scheme back there are supposed to be more interchangable and not your pure strong and free types.

Pollard is both strong and a good tackler, hard hitter, but check out the passer ratings vs his coverage last season.
They were pretty good. Way better than anything we had.

We won't be able to get Ha-Ha in this draft, a pure great free safety.
Calvin Pryor is more of a strong safety type, not sure about his range back there.

Actually QBs throwing at him had a 100.1 passer rating last year.

The thing is that I wouldn't be comfortable with having Burnett play FS next season, that's why I would like to get a true FS.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually QBs throwing at him had a 100.1 passer rating last year.

The thing is that I wouldn't be comfortable with having Burnett play FS next season, that's why I would like to get a true FS.
Thompson seems to think Burnett can play free safety.
Vernon Davis didn't mind though.
I agree Burnett is a BAD FREE safety, based on his lack of plays back there and big plays allowed. I don't think anyone who's watched, or seen the stats, could possibly argue.

But that doesn't mean he's a good tackler and a good STRONG safety.
I've seen some horrible tackling attempts from him.
I've seen weak arm tackle attempts, seen guys bounce right off him.
That's why I want Pollard right now. Physicality. Attitude.

Here's some good info on Pollard: https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...eaction-bernard-pollard-signs-with-tennessee/

http://nashvillepost.com/category/people/bernard_pollard
• Bernard Pollard, safety. Key number: 134 tackles. He is the Titans’ leading tackler by a wide margin and only two strong safeties have more interceptions than his three. On top of that, he has more of a reputation throughout the league than most Titans because of the penalties he’s been assessed for big hits as well as his role with Baltimore during last season’s championship run.

D

Deleted member 6794

Thompson seems to think Burnett can play free safety.
Vernon Davis didn't mind though.
I agree Burnett is a BAD FREE safety, based on his lack of plays back there and big plays allowed. I don't think anyone who's watched, or seen the stats, could possibly argue.

But that doesn't mean he's a good tackler and a good STRONG safety.

Absolutely agree with you on that. Still think he'll start somewhere next season thanks to the contract TT signed him to after the 2012 season.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Collins really wants to play, shouldn't we let him try it?

No. The spinal fusion he had immobilized the C3-C4 vertabrae, meaning the vertabraes above and below are at greater risk of injury. In the case of the ones above we´re talking about the C1 and C2 vertabraes, meaning if Collins suffers a inury there his brain would be affected, resulting in either a life-threatening injury or him being permanently paralyzed.

Same with Finley BTW.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

No. The spinal fusion he had immobilized the C3-C4 vertabrae, meaning the vertabraes above and below are at greater risk of injury. In the case of the ones above we´re talking about the C1 and C2 vertabraes, meaning if Collins suffers a inury there his brain would be affected, resulting in either a life-threatening injury or him being permanently paralyzed.

Same with Finley BTW.

But hasn`t he been cleared to play by doctors anyway ?

D

Deleted member 6794

But hasn`t he been cleared to play by doctors anyway ?

Collins hasn´t been cleared and Finley has said he expects to be cleared by his doctors within the next weeks. It´s a different story being cleared by a team doctor though.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So neither one of OUR guys here, were injured with them LEADING with their heads spearing someone... both were essentially "victims".
Neither guy was delivering a head-shot.

You see why I continue to search for this football injury God. This person must be punished.

Meanwhile all those head-hunting safeties continue to drill people and their necks are fine.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Collins hasn´t been cleared and Finley has said he expects to be cleared by his doctors within the next weeks. It´s a different story being cleared by a team doctor though.
My mistake then. I thought I`d read that his own doctors had cleared him, not the NFL doctors.

Members online

Latest posts