NFL Player's Associaton report card

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that we ranked 21st for ownership. I suppose that fan ownership can cut both ways, but one would think that players would appreciate that aspect versus having some rich, old guy strutting around the facility awkwardly.

I'm also sad to see that the Vikings ranked ahead of us in 2nd place.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that we ranked 21st for ownership. I suppose that fan ownership can cut both ways, but one would think that players would appreciate that aspect versus having some rich, old guy strutting around the facility awkwardly.

I believe football facilities (stadium/practice fields) are a big part of the "ownership" category.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's surprising to see the Super Bowl champs so low. It looks like a terrible place to play, except that they love Andy Reid.

That made me laugh. Hate their owner, love their coach. My first takeaway was the Chiefs players are a bunch of spoiled whiny bags. I'll never root for them again. Hope they go 0-17 next year.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Maybe some of our players don't like the thought of having a bunch of face painted, no shirt, brat scarfing, beer swilling, screaming clown cars as their ownership. :cool:

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I was listening to Chris Havel on 107.5 last night on the way home and he was talking about the players not happy that the Pack didn't provide game day child day care.

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG, a little digging reveals that the Yahoo report just subbed in the grades for Detroit Lions instead of the Pack. That's foul!!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm also sad to see that the Vikings ranked ahead of useme in 2nd place.

Obviously "design of Super Bowl trophy case" was not part of the poll.
I was listening to Chris Havel on 107.5 last night on the way home and he was talking about the players not happy that the Pack didn't provide game day child day care.
Interesting. I'd think this would be something they would address. From what I hear with some players ( not necessarily the Packers but other athletes) having to pay for day care would take a big chunk out of their salaries. That is if they actually paid for it.

For a team that is third overall I would have expected a few more top 10 rankings. Interesting that they only rank 21st in head coach but that might simply mean that most players rate their head coaches very highly.

I would expect the higher rankings in facilities might be from newer stadiums.

Since the facilities seem to be a big part of this I have a question that just popped into my head. I seem to recall when the Falcons opened their new stadium they had all the helmets from all the state high schools displayed in some part of the stadium. I remember thinking that was so cool. Am I remembering correctly and does anyone know if they have kept up with this.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting that it is different. It is an NFLPA survey so I would assume that their scorecard is the accurate one:

Yahoo - inaccurate

NFLPA - accurate

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's surprising to see the Super Bowl champs so low. It looks like a terrible place to play, except that they love Andy Reid.

I was really surprised by that too

A couple of weeks back I was researching Kansas City's salary cap management and how they structure contracts. I found several articles in which key Chief players (including Kelce) said that they're frustrated about the low pay scale compared to comparable players with other teams, but part of the reason they accept it is because they really love playing in KC.

Now I'm not sure what to make of that.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Interesting that it is different. It is an NFLPA survey so I would assume that their scorecard is the accurate one:

Yahoo - inaccurate

NFLPA - accurate
I never even noticed that. Good catch.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if you haven't had kids in the past decade you may not be aware of how hard it is to find day care. On top of that, I bet that the players would prefer on-site day care over the "free" part. If spouses are going to be at most games, then finding a place to watch your kids on Sundays and Monday nights may be difficult.

On the surface it sounds petty for them, but I can sympathize.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would add that if other teams are providing it then a player doesn't really consider it as free (or extra). They just want what the others are getting.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if you haven't had kids in the past decade you may not be aware of how hard it is to find day care. On top of that, I bet that the players would prefer on-site day care over the "free" part. If spouses are going to be at most games, then finding a place to watch your kids on Sundays and Monday nights may be difficult.

On the surface it sounds petty for them, but I can sympathize.
I would think it would be EXTREMELY difficult to find someone to baby sit during a Packers game. Everyone in town is partying and watching the game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I would think it would be EXTREMELY difficult to find someone to baby sit during a Packers game. Everyone in town is partying and watching the game.
You hire someone to do it. Just like every other 24/7 coverage job. The old folks at the home my missus works at need their Depends changed and butts wiped on game days just like every other day.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You hire someone to do it. Just like every other 24/7 coverage job. The old folks at the home my missus works at need their Depends changed and butts wiped on game days just like every other day.
Even during Packer games??? Sheez! Tell em to get their crappy schedule on track or pay the consequences!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Even during Packer games??? Sheez! Tell em to get their crappy schedule on track or pay the consequences!
TBH, where she works has a higher level of independence. People go there when grandma is always forgetting her meds, burning the meals or the EMTs are tired of picking grandpa off the floor after he stumbles. Some still drive. It's the first level after complete independence.