Next 5 games, after the bye

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Packers road wins the last few years.

21015. Bears, Niners, Lions, Raiders.
2016. Jacksonville, Philly, Bears, Lions.
2017, Dallas, Browns. (Of course Rodgers was out for a lot of them.)

H

HardRightEdge

Call me crazy, but I think the Packers have a decent chance against the Rams. I watched a chunk of that Denver game, admittedly a road game for the Rams, and I was not especially impressed.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I think the Packers have a decent chance against the Rams. I watched a chunk of that Denver game, admittedly a road game for the Rams, and I was not especially impressed.

WK DATE OPPONENT RESULT
1 Mon, Sep 10@OaklandW33-13
2 Sun, Sep 16vsArizonaW34-0
3 Sun, Sep 23vsChargersW35-23
4 Thu, Sep 27vsMinnesotaW38-31
5 Sun, Oct 7@SeattleW33-31
6 Sun, Oct 14@DenverW23-20

In reality, it wouldn't take many breaks for the Packers to be 6-0 with that schedule.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it'd be huge if Rodgers can be 2-0 in his career against Brady, instead of 1-1. If Rodgers can somehow win a couple more Super Bowls, then people could say "Yeah Brady has more SB wins, but Rodgers was undefeated head-to-head against Brady."
Ah, the Federer-Nadal argument. Federer has more Slams, but Nadal has the advantage in head to head.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
WK DATE OPPONENT RESULT
1 Mon, Sep 10@OaklandW33-13
2 Sun, Sep 16vsArizonaW34-0
3 Sun, Sep 23vsChargersW35-23
4 Thu, Sep 27vsMinnesotaW38-31
5 Sun, Oct 7@SeattleW33-31
6 Sun, Oct 14@DenverW23-20

In reality, it wouldn't take many breaks for the Packers to be 6-0 with that schedule.
Yup

WK DATE OPPONENT RESULT
1 Mon, Sep 10@OaklandW33-13 Raiders. 1-5
2 Sun, Sep 16vsArizonaW34-0 Cardinals 1-6
3 Sun, Sep 23vsChargersW35-23 Chargers 4-2
4 Thu, Sep 27vsMinnesotaW38-31 Vikings 3-2-1
5 Sun, Oct 7@SeattleW33-31 Seahawks 3-3
6 Sun, Oct 14@DenverW23-20 Bronco's 3-4

Reaction score
It’s likely that our Defense plays 1 of these next 2 games better. We’re not that far away plateauing again like we did in the shutout We’ve hurt ourselves with excessive penalty yardage but then made an improvement last week. If we continue to mitigate the infractions that kill drives and take care of the ball, we may have a shot an an upset depending on the individual player matchups. We’ve been competitive and winning games while playing relatively inconsistent, so if we can improve on that front and get a little help from a takeaway or two? That’s when any given Sunday happens.
Also, we should get Breeland or Alexander back in the mix or maybe even both on Defense. Both those guys are pretty formidable. Keep in mind Carolina initially signed Breeland to a $24M contract this year. That’s not slouch money and it shows what teams think of his capabilities.
Both Cobb or Geronimo have a shot at seeing the field next week. That puts a slew of capable receivers on the field and they are arguably now one of the deepest receiving cores in the league. Who does an opponent game plan for? Davante and Graham obviously. Cobb? Geronimo? MVS? They all have different playing styles and any combination of them are just good enough to punish you if you let your guard down.
Sometimes winning teams get overconfident and come out and don’t play their best game.. We just could be that trap team for once and steal one of the next 2.

Last edited:

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Breeland and Alexander being back will be huge. Also, having Geronimo and Cobb back will be a help, along with valuable experience the rookies got. And Graham has been showing up more in the last couple games.

Also, the Patriots and Rams defenses are NOT the best. If our offense clicks, we can put up points. We just need our second half defense to play a full game.

Call me crazy all you want, but we have a good chance in both games. Plus, coming off a bye, a previous win and being rested...hey, let’s roll.

Latest posts