New Orleans Saints

NFLDiva

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Boys!!! No matter what happens this Sunday, its going to be a good game, and all of us from SaintsRevolution.com look forward to debating it with you!!

Lock827

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
TOPackerFan said:
Lock827 said:
P.S. Watch out for Adrian McPhereson in 2007!

Assuming he doesn't keep lining up under guard you mean? :lol:

Heyo!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

LOL... yeah we have a 2 year plan and by then he'll no where to line up.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BillyC said:
arrowgargantuan said:
BillyC said:
You guys have matchup problems with the Saints:

noted Billy.

heres the matchup i'm keeping an eye on.

-Brooks vs. Brooks

if this guy has finally earned your confidence i'd love to hear why. im not trying to be a smartass here, i just think he has a penchant for ******** things up.

Brooks has always had my confidence. Too much blame is always placed on the QB when a team is struggling. I've read on this board where folks are blaming Favre for the Packers problems. Some have even suggested getting rid of Favre.

I'm not saying Brooks doesn't make mistakes because he does. However, if your best hope is Aaron Brooks losing the game for the Saints, I think you're going to be sadly mistaken.

I would even go so far as to say Brooks might be the MVP of this game. He has been in our two wins this season anyway. Of course, I guess you have to also give credit to Joe Horn and Stallworth.

One thing's definitely fer sure -- Brooks graduated from the Favre University for Quarterbacks...
So, I think we can pretty much rely on him to try and send a few compliments our way....
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - don't ya know!

BillyC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing is for sure ... This is gonna be an interesting game. I'm sure Favre will air it out early and often. But as you guys know, it takes more than the QB to win games.

I get to see the Packers' games often because I live about 25-miles from Kiln, Mississippi, Brett Favre's home town. Even before the injuries, the Packers had many problems. Your run defense has been pretty good, but the secondary has been suspect, to say the least. Pass protection is now a problem. The Panthers, for whatever reason, has been struggling to rush the passer. The Saints have had no such problem. Our pass rush has been fantasitic.

If we jump out to an early lead or this game is close, you can expect a HEAVY dose of Deuce McAllister. That's going to keep Favre on the sideline as we will control the clock. It worked to perfection when we beat the Panthers and Bills.

I never count any team out. The Packers have a chance, but they're going to have to show me ... no matter how "hungry" they may be.

voodoo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have heard alot of "Packers win" but no reasons.

reasons why the saints win:

Pack lost 2 allpro o-linemen.
Dfense sucks.
Green has yet to get off because they play from behind.
Walker is out for the season.

Sorry guys. I hope you win your division but it wont start here.

Saints 31
pack 13

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers gained an all pro DC.

Packers defense is playing well.

Homeless saints will be PATHETIC Aints when its all done.

Favre usually has great days against NO. Mainly because it's close to his home, he feels he has to come through. He will be motivated to play his best.

Packers fans don't need reasons to WIN.

They do it by habit. Most intelligent people know this already. It's obvious that you know less than nothing.

I blame your schooling and parents.

voodoo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HHmmmm, only insults and no facts! I know you are having a rough season and really have no comeback. I see that you are a noone on this site. I hope to speak with REAL packers fans that know their team. I see the saints winning because of the above mentioned facts. Give me a good counter or don't post towards me. Packers fans are much smarter then you. I will take it easy on you since you seem to be a newbie to football.

GO SAINTS!!!!!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
voodoo said:
I have heard alot of "Packers win" but no reasons.

reasons why the saints win:

Pack lost 2 allpro o-linemen.
Dfense sucks.
Green has yet to get off because they play from behind.
Walker is out for the season.

Sorry guys. I hope you win your division but it wont start here.

Saints 31
pack 13

the defense doesn't suck and we have Brett Favre. That's reason enough for us to pull one out. The OL will be better with Wells instead of Flanagan in there. If we don't beat ourselves we'll win this game.

voodoo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
see thats a comeback. You stated facts about the o-line and farve. The other guy must be a newbie to football. Saints still win due to the lack of running game and the explosive d-line of the saints.

TrueD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packmaster said:
...can anyone think of ONE good reason why they will march into Lambeau this week..and beat Green Bay ??????????/

Although I do think that Green Bay will win this game, I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the Saints this year. Brooks has been playing smarter football this season and if Horn plays he can always break a game open. Also Duce is a constant threat! Their return guy Lewis is the biggest threat on that team because he can be the X-factor! ( the one people forget’s about )

I think the role will be reversed this week for the Packers, I think the Pack will take the lead and even go up by two scores or more but I think the Saints will rally back to just come up short at the end and the Packers hold on to win their 1st game of the year and they win it at home in front of their fans!

8) Good luck, hope nobody else goes down....

Lock827

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TrueD said:
Packmaster said:
...can anyone think of ONE good reason why they will march into Lambeau this week..and beat Green Bay ??????????/

Although I do think that Green Bay will win this game, I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss the Saints this year. Brooks has been playing smarter football this season and if Horn plays he can always break a game open. Also Duce is a constant threat! Their return guy Lewis is the biggest threat on that team because he can be the X-factor! ( the one people forget’s about )

I think the role will be reversed this week for the Packers, I think the Pack will take the lead and even go up by two scores or more but I think the Saints will rally back to just come up short at the end and the Packers hold on to win their 1st game of the year and they win it at home in front of their fans!

8) Good luck, hope nobody else goes down....

Actually TRUE D lewis is on IR, but our return game has been just as good if not better since he got injured

NFLDiva

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
NFLDiva said:
C'mon guys!! You aren't going to mess with our rookie are you??? :D

just kidding. I was actually hoping we might take this kid in the draft this offseason.

We are pretty excited about him too!! :lol:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
voodoo said:
see thats a comeback. You stated facts about the o-line and farve. The other guy must be a newbie to football. Saints still win due to the lack of running game and the explosive d-line of the saints.

Anyone that thinks that Favre can't pull one out against the saints is the newbie.

Have you SEEN Favre's play? He and the Packers are HUngry.

Favre has PICKED apart better defenses than yours. By the way, I don't count your team out but you really ought to have a little respect for the Packers. They may be 0-4 but they were 1-4 last year before winning the division with a 10-6 record.

Sure the Packers are missing Walker but their DEFENSE is a whole lot better than what YOU saw last year and the Packers beat plenty of good teams last year with a defense that was VERY pourous.

Why? Packers know how to win. They also know how to lose!

THEY however have been slow getting our of the blocks this year. It all comes to an end this weekend. Whether you like it or not.

How did the Saints do last year?

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't believe one of you about the stats of your team so I did a little research on how each team ranks so far this year:

Offense:
Yards per game:
Packers rank 21st
Saints rank 15th

Rushing Yards:
Packers 28th
Saints 13th

Passing Yards:
Packers 10th
Saints 13th

Defense:
Total yards allowed per game:
Packers 16th
Saints 17th

Rushing yards allowed per game:
Packers 16th
Saints 30th

Passing yards allowed per game:
Packers 15th
Saints 6th

Takeaways:
Packers 2 (total)
Saints 7 (total)

I also looked to see how GB ended up in their defense for last year:

2004 Packers Defense:
Total Yards allowed per game: 25th
Rushing yards allowed per game: 14th
Passing yards allowed per game: 25th.

Looks like this game will be very interesting. It also looks like with GBs defense being better from last year and their ofeense worse than last year, that they are slowly turning into the Bears!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
Looks like this game will be very interesting. It also looks like with GBs defense being better from last year and their ofeense worse than last year, that they are slowly turning into the Bears!

After further review - da Bears still suck! (that's DOTcom, btw)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
voodoo said:

Anyone that thinks that Favre can't pull one out against the saints is the newbie.

Have you SEEN Favre's play? He and the Packers are HUngry.

Favre has PICKED apart better defenses than yours. By the way, I don't count your team out but you really ought to have a little respect for the Packers. They may be 0-4 but they were 1-4 last year before winning the division with a 10-6 record.

Sure the Packers are missing Walker but their DEFENSE is a whole lot better than what YOU saw last year and the Packers beat plenty of good teams last year with a defense that was VERY pourous.

Why? Packers know how to win. They also know how to lose!

THEY however have been slow getting our of the blocks this year. It all comes to an end this weekend. Whether you like it or not.

How did the Saints do last year?
Yaaaawwwnnnnnnnn......

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to an article I just read on JSonline - the Packers have moved Tauscher over to Cllifton's spot at LT. Not sure he likes it, but I guess he'll play it same as any other... Wells is in at Center

Pending the difficulties show up again on the O-Line, the Saints could have a field day - otherwise, their Defense will get tired by the third quarter and Favre'll eat 'em alive.... McKenzie or no McKenzie - that's the facts Cheeseheads.... stock up on the Leinie's now - I found you can get 'em at WalMart for 75cents a bottle.

The whole NFL has fallen into parity this weekend - only the Colts and Denver seem to have more than a 3pt edge for winning.

GO PACKERS!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very Eloquent Phil.

BEST post you've had, EVER!

Keep up the good work! You will one day figure out the meaning of life!