My thoughts on a new Packers uniform

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I know as a long time Packer fan you don't mess with tradition. The team colors, helmet logo and uniform design. But there is a time for at least a suttle change. As we have seen recently, the Packers have worn alternate white pants. I like that look very much. I would like to see the Packers wear these white pants for half the season. 4 home games and 4 away games. As for the Jersey. I would like to see a small change with the sleeve stripes. I like to see just 2 wide stripes and a "G" on sleeve like the look in the mid 80's. The home green jersey should have a wide gold and a wide white stripe with a G , and the away jersey should have a green wide stripe and a gold wide strip with a G.
Iam a collector of McFarlane football figures, and iam in the process of customizing this Packers uniform design on some figures.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really glad these decisions are left to the professionals.

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I know as a long time Packer fan you don't mess with tradition. The team colors, helmet logo and uniform design. But there is a time for at least a suttle change. As we have seen recently, the Packers have worn alternate white pants. I like that look very much. I would like to see the Packers wear these white pants for half the season. 4 home games and 4 away games. As for the Jersey. I would like to see a small change with the sleeve stripes. I like to see just 2 wide stripes and a "G" on sleeve like the look in the mid 80's. The home green jersey should have a wide gold and a wide white stripe with a G , and the away jersey should have a green wide stripe and a gold wide strip with a G.
Iam a collector of McFarlane football figures, and iam in the process of customizing this Packers uniform design on some figures.
I also liked the white uniforms worn by the Pack earlier this season. And I still have two of the mid eighties jerseys with the "G" on the sleeves. It was a good looking item. I notice the Bears still use a similar look with the Halas initials on the sleeve. I will stick with the current uniform though. You need to uphold these rigid traditions or you end up with the likes of a Phil Nike providing the team with all black gang colors and a new uniform for every week of the season. Your idea is a good one. The avg Pack fan, myself included, just aren't quite ready for even the subtle change.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's quaint to think that the Packers have a rigid tradition with their uniforms, but that's just wishful thinking. I'm not advocating for a change, but reality is that the uniform has changed significantly over the Packers history. Even in modern Packers history, while the uniform hasn't changed a ton they still tinker and make subtle changes every few years. Change is inevitable.

https://www.packers.com/news/infographic-100-seasons-of-packers-uniforms

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a different note I HATE their alternate uniforms. The Yellow and Blue ones, especially with the yellow helmets. I think the brown helmets looked better tbh.

OP
OP
PhilaPackersFan

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those older throwback uni's are for the archive museum and photo's. I know its going back to the very early days in history with the ACME PACKERS etc, but those are not very attractive to the way today's look is viewed with glitz and glamour.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our all white rush uniforms are sooo much nicer than most of the other teams' get ups with the Seahawks one of the worst. :p

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's quaint to think that the Packers have a rigid tradition with their uniforms, but that's just wishful thinking.
I agree. They've had their current basic look for awhile now, but they've been making little changes all along. They fiddle with the number of stripes on the sleeve, the G on the sleeve, they rounded out the original football shaped G on the helmet, they changed the shade of green in the jerseys, they've made the yellow/gold pants brighter. I think now there are even little sparkles in the yellow/gold on the helmet. And that's not even considering the more radically different uniforms they wore previously.

I'm not looking for a uniform change. But if they want to tweak them again, I have no problem with it. If they want to change them more drastically, I still kind of like the green and gold uniforms Ron Wolf was considering. However, after just getting their arses handed to them twice this season by a team with a gold helmet, now would not be the time to make that change.

I don't like the white pants in the "lack of color rush" uniforms. If they had to have a one color uniform, I would have preferred yellow, or even green would be better than all white. IMO.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our all white rush uniforms are sooo much nicer than most of the other teams' get ups with the Seahawks one of the worst. :p
To be honest I'm not too fond of those all white unis either. They're not worse than the ACME ones, but they still aren't that much better either. Would've liked to see a green version.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green/Gold and the Color Rush White are perfect as it is.

I hate the blue/tan alternate uniforms and would vote to replace them with a inverted colors. Gold jerseys and green pants.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't stand the Seahawks but my girlfriend (also a Packer fan) has always said that Seattle has cool uniforms. It's the neon colors, I guess. I hate the Cowboys but I used to like their old uniforms with the big stars on the shoulders.

Does the NFL even require the color rush uniforms anymore? I know they used to require them on Thursdays, but that didn't seem to be the case this season.

I'd like to see some sort of alternate with a yellow jersey, whatever color the pants are.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't stand the Seahawks but my girlfriend (also a Packer fan) has always said that Seattle has cool uniforms. It's the neon colors, I guess. I hate the Cowboys but I used to like their old uniforms with the big stars on the shoulders.

Does the NFL even require the color rush uniforms anymore? I know they used to require them on Thursdays, but that didn't seem to be the case this season.

I'd like to see some sort of alternate with a yellow jersey, whatever color the pants are.
I don't like Dallas but I definitely like their uniforms. Especially their home uniforms with that metallic blue.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not too fond of those all white unis either. They're not worse than the ACME ones, but they still aren't that much better either. Would've liked to see a green version.

But of the rush uniforms the all white isn't bad. I remember watching a game where one team wore green and other red and I felt sorry for anyone who was colorblind who was watching! lol

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't stand the Seahawks but my girlfriend (also a Packer fan) has always said that Seattle has cool uniforms. It's the neon colors, I guess.

I don't get this too. Most sites rank Seattle uniforms as best, but both the blue and green looks grab. Green looks ****** in addition to being drab, which is a big achievement in yuckiness.

Cowboys and Packers rule.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved the all white unis. Very sharp looking. There have been subtle changes to the uniforms over the years. The most noticeable was probably when they moved the player numbers from the should pads down to the sleeves. Huge! :)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get this too. Most sites rank Seattle uniforms as best, but both the blue and green looks grab.
I don't mind Seattle's uniforms, they're okay, I just hate the team lol.

I always thought the Lions uniforms were poor copies of the Cowboys. The Cowboys uniforms are okay, but I think those old ones with the big stars on the shoulders were really sharp.

I don't like Dallas but I definitely like their uniforms. Especially their home uniforms with that metallic blue.
They usually wear white at home, don't they? So you don't get to see the dark blue ones that often, which makes it more appealing when you do. Still hate the team though. I'm curious to see if my hate is mitigated any by McCarthy's presence. Signing Cobb didn't cut it any. Just made me think we could have used him this year.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind Seattle's uniforms, they're okay, I just hate the team lol.

I always thought the Lions uniforms were poor copies of the Cowboys. The Cowboys uniforms are okay, but I think those old ones with the big stars on the shoulders were really sharp.

They usually wear white at home, don't they? So you don't get to see the dark blue ones that often, which makes it more appealing when you do. Still hate the team though. I'm curious to see if my hate is mitigated any by McCarthy's presence. Signing Cobb didn't cut it any. Just made me think we could have used him this year.
They wear their dark blue ones at home, the white ones are their away jerseys.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The more changes they make, subtle or not, the more Jerseys and other gear that they sell. Anyone notice that the NFL changes the Team Baseball hats and winter hats every fricking year? Then they have the pink gear and the camo gear.

It's all about marketing and the almighty dollar....and just be reading this thread, most of us (including me) are buying (into) it.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Are they thinking about this or has the decision been made on new uniforms? Anyone out there knows where I can get the old leather helmet? Can’t find it in Packer store..

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want any changes and I'd like to see fewer weird uniform games. (PokerBrat has a point here as to why they do it). I do kind of like the white uniforms for one game a year.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They wear their dark blue ones at home, the white ones are their away jerseys.
Most teams wear dark at home, but the Cowboys usually wear white, unless they've changed it in just the last few years. The Dolphins also used to wear white at home, I don't know if they still do. I think a few other teams in the south would also choose to wear white at home, depending on the temperature.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind changing the colors...a darker shade of green and a true gold color. However, I would be perfectly fine with the current uniforms staying the same for the rest of my lifetime.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind changing the colors...a darker shade of green and a true gold color. However, I would be perfectly fine with the current uniforms staying the same for the rest of my lifetime.
Pretty close to the way I feel. I like our classic uniforms. The Chiefs have stayed basically the same since the first Super Bowl. But I don't necessarily feel that they're sacred, because they've changed throughout Packer history. At some point I'm sure they will shake things up, and I'd be okay with that. They can always change them back, which would also be cool.

Members online

Latest posts