MIKE MCCARTHY FIRED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way this year and last went it was needed and I know I wanted it to happen. but damn right after the game that's crazy!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
At least they didn't have to pay for a Plane Ticket to get him back to Green Bay. :coffee:

Reaction score
Wow. Didn’t Expect it this fast. But this was the right decision. Even MM should know that.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Did MM give a post game presser?

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now we finally have a GM who isn't scared to rattle cages

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s not crazy and o 100% agree with the move. I said it as soon as the game was over there was NO reason to keep him around. Now Philbin will get a look...he’s basically auditioning for the HC spot. This job is going to get a lot of attention and will be a hot commodity.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will Gute be the one interviewing and hiring the next coach? I hope so

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once the decision was made, there was no reason to wait till the end of the season.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
McCarthy was a good coach for a long time. The league had caught up with him and, it would seem, he was no longer jiving with his most important player(s).

He will and should be remembered as a good Packers HC.

Hope he enjoys the next job and/or retirement.

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
I am truly shocked. I figured the Packer Organization would wait until the season was over to fire MM. I am guessing this had to be in the works before today's game even started, if a loss MM would be fired. I am not sure who should have been named Interim Head Coach, as I am not a Philbin fan. Hopefully Philbin in ONLY interim, and not a CANDIDATE for the next Head Coach.

MM had to know this is how the league works, and I am guessing he will land on his feet okay. Sometimes teams just get stale and need to move on, look at Andy Reid at Philly and now at Kansas City as an example. Hopefully the Packer Organization can find a head coach to restore the winning ways to Green Bay. I am 62 and probably don't have another 30 years to wait for a turn around again!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Now we'll see if Philbin/AR get onto the same page and pull this offense out of the cesspool. Possible trial-run for Philbin as long term HC? All depends on AR's response to Philbin moving forward.

Won't happen. Rodgers won't allow it.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s not crazy and o 100% agree with the move. I said it as soon as the game was over there was NO reason to keep him around. Now Philbin will get a look...he’s basically auditioning for the HC spot. This job is going to get a lot of attention and will be a hot commodity.
Hey, when you have a chance to get a coach that went 24-28 with the Dolphins, you get him.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now we finally have a GM who isn't scared to rattle cages

It was actually our CEO who pulled the trigger, but I suspect Gute will be in charge of the next guy and lay down a hard line too though.

The way I saw it, Murphy was either going to announce that MM was gone at the end of season, or possibly fire him before it was up. He probably figured even if winning would do nothing at this point, he still knows Gute and the new HC need to see which of Ted's players are worth keeping going forward. Firing MM may have been the best way to do that as well as letting potential candidates know their dream job of working with Rodgers is now open.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I am truly shocked. I figured the Packer Organization would wait until the season was over to fire MM. I am guessing this had to be in the works before today's game even started, if a loss MM would be fired. I am not sure who should have been named Interim Head Coach, as I am not a Philbin fan. Hopefully Philbin in ONLY interim, and not a CANDIDATE for the next Head Coach.

MM had to know this is how the league works, and I am guessing he will land on his feet okay. Sometimes teams just get stale and need to move on, look at Andy Reid at Philly and now at Kansas City as an example. Hopefully the Packer Organization can find a head coach to restore the winning ways to Green Bay. I am 62 and probably don't have another 30 years to wait for a turn around again!

He is going to be picked up by The Browns next season. He can coach up Baker Mayfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts