Mason Crosby in trouble?

Cheezhead5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize right that if he had hit those that our last TD would have tied it?

9 points is very significant.

Offense needs some help sure, but Crosby is a dud today.

If there is one silver lining itsi that at least MM is going for 2 more often now. I like that.

Cheezhead5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know what your saying,our offenses timing is off..we need to score TDS in red zone and protect arod...even tho Crosby went 1 for 5 I still got confidence in him

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They aren’t using a roster spot for a kicking competition at this point in the season lol

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nope sorry these are professionals...and missing 13 points in a really important road division game is to most teams, curtains. Not this HC, he will bull head his way through it and Crosby will yip from here on out.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby deserves a few weeks to turn it around. He's had a solid career, and has been reliable for a long time. No one should overreact to one bad game.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the fence, on one hand, since he's been on the team for so long I say he gets one more game to try to straighten it out. On the other hand, he used up his second chance in '08.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mason's pad level was just off, I will stick with him and watch him only miss 50 pct of his kicks the rest of the year, but we had good run defense this year and that shows great disclipline right hamburglar? LOL

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if the second half is anything like the first half, Mason Crosby is only one of many issues with what is wrong with the Green Bay Packers. The whole team looks lifeless to this point, especially #12.
Yup. This.

The whole F ing team looked like they had the wind taken out of their sails and they didn't want to be there or felt like playing.

Way to let the die hard fans from Wisconsin down that made the trip there and didn't get their monies worth.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yup. This.

The whole F ing team looked like they had the wind taken out of their sails and they didn't want to be there or felt like playing.

Way to let the die hard fans from Wisconsin down that made the trip there and didn't get their monies worth.

I can't hear you guys anymore.....I'm over on the Brewers Fan Web site.....they have a winning team down there in Milwaukee!! :whistling:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say keep him. Unless he just keeps the slump going..But definitely bring in a new guy next year Specially for that price. I say draft a guy next year The way the Packers draft anyway for other positions I'd be ok with them using one on a kicker instead of wasting one on another bust

Reaction score
I would actually much prefer he misses all in one day vs. missing 1 each week four consecutive weeks. They were just saying Crosby hadn’t missed inside 50 not long ago.
I give Crosby a pass I believe in his confidence. It was smart MM got that FG try in the last seconds. He got the monkey off his back. Crosby will be back IMO and he has earned that right.
He has a good, string record of long kicks. We need that edge and I hope he shake this off.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anywhere else Crosby is looking for another job. In Green Bay he has life tenure. He'll lose his job when he retires.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’s struggling right now. But he has history and yeah, I think he gets a chance to work through it. There aren’t 5 other guys out there Amy better , and are most likely worse. MN’s new kicker did hit a game winner. Of course he missed a couple other easier ones.

He had a really bad day. If he has more I suspect his leash is shorter. But they aren’t going to knee jerk him out of here and if they did I’m not sure it does any good other than to make people happy someone got fired .

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll wait for Captain will the morning but isn't he the second highest-paid kicker in the league? And isn't he something like the 23rd rated in efficiency? A day like this any other kicker in the league is at the curb.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't cut Crosby midseason, but if this keeps up the rest of the season I might bet he and his agent will be signing with a new team next season.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't cut Crosby midseason, but if this keeps up the rest of the season I might bet he and his agent will be signing with a new team next season.
agreed, I wouldnt cut him. Main concern is that we have seen that Mason is a man of momentum. When he is on, he is dead on for streaks. But... when he misses like today, it gets in his head. I only hope it isnt like a few years ago when he got the shanks and the rest of the season was a crapshoot.

I hope he fixes this, as 1 game doesnt make a year/ career... but his history has shown when he racks them up, he REALLLLLLLLY racks them up.

Members online

No members online now.