Lambeau's chill still being felt by Giants

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By GREG A. BEDARD
[email protected]
Posted: Jan. 28, 2008

Phoenix - It appears the Green Bay Packers had a lasting effect on the New York Giants. Well, at least the frigid temperatures for the National Football Conference Championship Game at Lambeau Field did.

Cornerback Aaron Ross became the fourth Giants player to encounter flu-like symptoms on Monday as the team arrived in the afternoon to begin their on-site preparations for Super Bowl XLII.

"Well, I hope that's the end of it," coach Tom Couglin said.

Call it the Big Blue flu.

Previously, kicker Lawrence Tynes, fullback Madison Hedgecock, defensive tackle Manny Wright and safety Mike Johnson were ill in the aftermath of their 23-20 overtime victory over the Packers.

"It surfaced with one or two players the last few days," Coughlin said. "We had three guys miss some practices at home with high temperatures. We have had some guys who were not quite as sick. They were people who maybe had a day's worth of it, and the symptoms may have been close to the same, but they didn't drain the players like the three that it happened to at home."

Coughlin did not point the finger at the minus-1 degree weather Jan. 20 as the main culprit. He said his team was battling the normal colds that go around this time of year. But the conditions in Green Bay certainly didn't help, defensive end Michael Strahan said.

"You know what? Green Bay, everyone got sick after that," Strahan said. "You can tell by my voice, I'm still not right since that."

The Giants don't think the illnesses will be a factor in the game, and they took some steps to ensure that wouldn't happen.

"We have taken precautions," Coughlin said. "Our medical people did as best they could to distribute some medicine in advance of the plane trip out here, and hopefully the guys are rested enough that this will not be an issue.

Said wide receiver Plaxico Burress: "I think our training staff is doing a good job of keeping that solitary. We're just trying to not let everybody get sick."

The flu hasn't affected the Giants' morale, that's for sure. A flight attendant on the Giants' charter remarked a couple of times to Coughlin "that the guys were excited, really looking forward to it."

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By GREG A. BEDARD
[email protected]
Posted: Jan. 28, 2008

Phoenix - It appears the Green Bay Packers had a lasting effect on the New York Giants. Well, at least the frigid temperatures for the National Football Conference Championship Game at Lambeau Field did.

Cornerback Aaron Ross became the fourth Giants player to encounter flu-like symptoms on Monday as the team arrived in the afternoon to begin their on-site preparations for Super Bowl XLII.

"Well, I hope that's the end of it," coach Tom Couglin said.

Call it the Big Blue flu.

Previously, kicker Lawrence Tynes, fullback Madison Hedgecock, defensive tackle Manny Wright and safety Mike Johnson were ill in the aftermath of their 23-20 overtime victory over the Packers.

"It surfaced with one or two players the last few days," Coughlin said. "We had three guys miss some practices at home with high temperatures. We have had some guys who were not quite as sick. They were people who maybe had a day's worth of it, and the symptoms may have been close to the same, but they didn't drain the players like the three that it happened to at home."

Coughlin did not point the finger at the minus-1 degree weather Jan. 20 as the main culprit. He said his team was battling the normal colds that go around this time of year. But the conditions in Green Bay certainly didn't help, defensive end Michael Strahan said.

"You know what? Green Bay, everyone got sick after that," Strahan said. "You can tell by my voice, I'm still not right since that."

The Giants don't think the illnesses will be a factor in the game, and they took some steps to ensure that wouldn't happen.

"We have taken precautions," Coughlin said. "Our medical people did as best they could to distribute some medicine in advance of the plane trip out here, and hopefully the guys are rested enough that this will not be an issue.

Said wide receiver Plaxico Burress: "I think our training staff is doing a good job of keeping that solitary. We're just trying to not let everybody get sick."

The flu hasn't affected the Giants' morale, that's for sure. A flight attendant on the Giants' charter remarked a couple of times to Coughlin "that the guys were excited, really looking forward to it."

I hope they're taking their Nyquil.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
The Giants should send some flu carrying "sappers" behind the lines into the Pats hotel.

LOL.....Is anybody here NOT rooting for NYG..........I love you guys & gals.

Its more indifference really, there is no romance about the Giants playing in the SB, they are just a football team. There are no real stories there that interest me. I read one today about Zak DeOssie being a former Patriots ball boy and that made me chuckle abit but nothing much else really.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:
yooperfan said:
The Giants should send some flu carrying "sappers" behind the lines into the Pats hotel.

Its more indifference really, there is no romance about the Giants playing in the SB, they are just a football team. There are no real stories there that interest me. I read one today about Zak DeOssie being a former Patriots ball boy and that made me chuckle abit but nothing much else really.

Back in the late '80's & early 90's we had a LB named Steve DeOssie........Zack's his kid.

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:

I'm NOT, sorry I can't stand Eli after the whole draft ordeal. Go Pats... YUCK!

VAPAckerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm with you here man. You can't pick where you want to go during the draft. Thats why i smile every time the New York city press get on him when he throws a int or loses the game for the giants. I myself would of loved to see a Chargers/Giants superbowl instead of a Pats/Giants game. Just to see the team Crybaby manning Should of gone to beat his *** in the superbowl.

Here is one of my fav blogs i've seen about Eli
CryBaby Eli

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TexasPackerFan said:

I'm with you here man. You can't pick where you want to go during the draft. Thats why i smile every time the New York city press get on him when he throws a int or loses the game for the giants. I myself would of loved to see a Chargers/Giants superbowl instead of a Pats/Giants game. Just to see the team Crybaby manning Should of gone to beat his *** in the superbowl.

CryBaby Eli

I remember that Elway did the same thing and he didnt get ripped for it.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score

By the Colts too! Think about how that would have changed the course of things; if Elways played as well as he did for the Colts as he did for the Broncos. Butterfly effect.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:

By the Colts too! Think about how that would have changed the course of things; if Elways played as well as he did for the Colts as he did for the Broncos. Butterfly effect.

What very few people remember is that he was almost a New York Yankee...he was drafted by them & the Colts in 1983 and actually played some minor league ball for the Yanks. He stated that if the Colts didnt trade him he would play for the Yanks.
In his senior year in college he hit .361 w/9 hrs and 50 rbis in 49 games.....Not too shabby.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TexasPackerFan said:

CryBaby Eli

LOL...............That's real good........I dont want Peyton at the SB..........I was at the NYG/Vikes game when Eli imploded (3 ints for TDs) and Peyton was there to see that disaster. I hope he's doing another commercial on Sunday.

VAPAckerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Disliked Elway also for the same reason. Then once he beat The packers in Superbowl XXXII he got onto my most hated List.

The list so far
John Elway
Roger Clemens(Red Sox/Brewers Fan so hate him)
Gary Sheffield (look above)
Aaron Fing Boone (Look Above)
Every player on the Cowboys 90's run ( Just rembering them knocking out the packers from the playoffs to many times)

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:

Disliked Elway also for the same reason. Then once he beat The packers in Superbowl XXXII he got onto my most hated List.

The list so far
John Elway
Roger Clemens(Red Sox/Brewers Fan so hate him)
Gary Sheffield (look above)
Aaron Fing Boone (Look Above)
Every player on the Cowboys 90's run ( Just rembering them knocking out the packers from the playoffs to many times)

Even though I'm a big NY Yank fan I didnt like Clemens when he was a NYY.......I still think of him as a RedSox.
Elway I really have nothing against.....sorry.
Sheffield is a big mouth.
Boone beat the RedSox for NYY so he's fine + him getting hurt playing Bkbl in the off-season got NYY A-Rod.
As for the Crygirls......I've hated every player on their teams since 1964 when I started watching FB.

Members online

Latest posts