Jimmy Graham has a broken thumb

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He opened things up for this offense last night that weren't there when he was gone. Well some of it was, but it's better when he's there.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
no biggie. Rodgers wasn't throwing to him anyway.
That's a very simplistic, narrow minded view.

To Mondio's point, and to the point I've made multiple times on this forum, whether or not Graham is being targeted isn't the issue and doesn't always define "value" to the team. His presence in the middle of the field is something that defenses have to respect and account for. Without that threat in the middle of the field, defenses can allocate more attention to our outside playmakers, which doesn't make things easier.

This isn't something to just brush off.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To Mondio's point, and to the point I've made multiple times on this forum, whether or not Graham is being targeted isn't the issue and doesn't always define "value" to the team. His presence in the middle of the field is something that defenses have to respect and account for. Without that threat in the middle of the field, defenses can allocate more attention to our outside playmakers, which doesn't make things easier.

Exactly. If you think the offense was bad before?? Just wait...better pray this Tunyan dude is legit and can put Kendrick’s sorry self on the bench.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well if he's just a big scarecrow running through the field attracting defenders there's no reason he can't play with his broken thumb then.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh no...where else will the team turn to for 50 yards a game receiving on almost four catches per game? (Note, I only used 9 games as his games played since he got knocked out early in week 10).

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Luckily MM seems to have discovered that he has Aaron Jones on the team which should help attract attention in the middle if he continues to play like he did Thursday. Graham's reputation was better than his play but, for purposes of occupying defenders, that's often all you really need. Hopefully the growth of the rookie receivers is enough that they can start occupying some of those same spots on offense (obviously not from a TE alignment but running in the same zones).

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is just a decoy to draw coverage and open the field up then don't tell anyone he broke his thumb and let him run routes and dont throw him the ball.

The thing that sucks the most about this is that it looked like he did it popping the guy in the face mask, out of bounds while losing his cool blocking.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was on pace to be in top two or three in all time single season receptions and yards for a tight end in Green Bay. Hardly just a decoy.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was on pace to be in top two or three in all time single season receptions and yards for a tight end in Green Bay. Hardly just a decoy.

Compared to what?

Keith Jackson was good, but an old school TE. Finley and Cook were the only modern TEs to make numbers, and briefly at that.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's true graham does draw a lot of attention opening things up for other guys. I actually think he is having a nice season thus far, yeah he hast been the red zone target we hoped but he was on pace for one of the best seasons for a te ever in GB. While he's out hopefully the coaches will give Robert tonyan some opportunities to get one down the seams it's been forever since Rodgers has had that seam splitting te. I'm confident tonyan can be that guy if given the chance

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing that stood out to me with Tonyan in the preseason, he was aggressive catching that ball. He acted like it was his. Seems weird to call it an aggressive catch, but that’s almost what some of them seemed like from him. Hope to see more

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah good point that was an aggressive catch on Thurs for sure he kicked it into an extra gear and went and snatches the ball

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonyan looked great in camp and the pre season games. IDK why it took so long to get him a look in a real game. He clearly made the play he needed to. For some reason though MM has a ******* for god awful Kendricks and he gets a ridiculous amount of snaps and does little to nothing with them. Lewis does even less but he hardly plays. Tonyan gets open and he makes plays. I do not care how he blocks. Aaron Jones can't block either but he sure as **** makes plays.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's true graham does draw a lot of attention opening things up for other guys. I actually think he is having a nice season thus far, yeah he hast been the red zone target we hoped but he was on pace for one of the best seasons for a te ever in GB.

While Graham is having a good season for a tight end in Green Bay the problem is that he's paid like a receiver as his average salary would rank 22nd highest at the position.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Tonyan looked great in camp and the pre season games. IDK why it took so long to get him a look in a real game. He clearly made the play he needed to. For some reason though MM has a ******* for god awful Kendricks and he gets a ridiculous amount of snaps and does little to nothing with them. Lewis does even less but he hardly plays. Tonyan gets open and he makes plays. I do not care how he blocks. Aaron Jones can't block either but he sure as **** makes plays.
I agree with a ton of this, the only thing I’ll say is that Jones’ blocking/blitz pickups have improved considerably as the season has unfolded.