Javon Walkers New Contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Favre is an amazing quarterback but you could still say the same thing about other teams. Do I think that right now, this year, that Favre is the number one quarterback in the league? Not quite. I feel that he is still a top 10 quarterback, but the fact is some younger guys have surpassed him. Favre in his prime still beats all those guys, but the fact is he is getting older. That's not to say he isn't still effective though. It's like Elway at the end of his career. Was he still among the top of the top quarterbacks in the league? Not quite, the team put an emphasis on the running game and put less pressure on Elway. He could still air it out when needed but it wasn't on his shoulders as much. I would say that about half the quarterbacks in the NFL if they had all those things, the recievers, TEs and good defenses could win a super bowl.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ya know it's funny. I don't think Brett is the best, but I refuse to say anyone is better than him at QB in the league right now lol.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
"if...if...potential

You mean IF TT had of signed T.O and IF TT had of signed Hutchinson and IF TT had signed Arrington and IF TT had of signed Allen and IF Mike Sherman had never set foot in Green bay and IF we kept Wahle and Rivera and IF we managed to draft Bush, Williams, Hawk, Furguson and Davis, we would have had the POTENTIAL to win the next 20 Super Bowls. :roll:

Want to know who is living in a fantasy world, P@ck? Look in the mirror.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to add to what superRat was saying...3 great wrs...that's easy to say, hard to do. How many teams now would you consider having 3 GREAT wrs right now?!? Maybe Indy, but calling Stokley "great" is a bit of a reach.

In 2004, Fergy was on, and the Packers had, arguably, the best wr corp in the league. There have been other strong groups for the Packers, like the 90s when we had (combinations of) Sharpe, Brooks, Freeman, RIson, Chmura, and K Jackson.

It's difficult to find or afford that everyday...and combos like that really aren't all that common. As SuperRat said...everyone covets a situation where you have 3 great wrs, a great TE and a great D...but how many times can/does it happen?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats [email protected] managed to keep a couple guys going after you for 4 pages now. Even though you "say the same thing over and over". Who looks foolish now?

I laugh at the guys that keep begging Ryan for an "IGNORE " button. P@ck66 uses the same screen name all the time(Except when he left and came back for a day). If you REALLY wanted to "IGNORE" him, it's prett fuggin' easy....don't read any post by P@ck66. The fact that his posts generate more responses than any tell me one thing.....you guys love to argue. Keep posting 66. I don't agree with alot of your posts but it keeps some of these guys' blood flowing.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Congrats [email protected] managed to keep a couple guys going after you for 4 pages now. Even though you "say the same thing over and over". Who looks foolish now?

I laugh at the guys that keep begging Ryan for an "IGNORE " button. P@ck66 uses the same screen name all the time(Except when he left and came back for a day). If you REALLY wanted to "IGNORE" him, it's prett fuggin' easy....don't read any post by P@ck66. The fact that his posts generate more responses than any tell me one thing.....you guys love to argue. Keep posting 66. I don't agree with alot of your posts but it keeps some of these guys' blood flowing.

Look at that... Yet another brilliant contribution from DePack. :roll:

BTW, my blood is not "flowing". On the contrary, I have been asking for an ignore button so I can load this site and read about Packers football, not trolling, childish whinings, general idiocy and rambling conspiracy theories from the lunatic fringe.

It is obvious to me why you DO NOT want to see an ignore feature. That in itself explains a lot about what you ultimately contribute to this site.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man.....you really don't like it when people don't agree with you. You wouldn't use the ignore button if it existed. You like to argue too much. Where did I say I don't want an "IGNORE" button. I'm sorry if I have the mental capacity to ignore posts without actually having a "button". And lastly, I'm sorry you are having blood flow problems. Maybe there is a link between blood flow and sense of humor, Bobby.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Man.....you really don't like it when people don't agree with you. You wouldn't use the ignore button if it existed. You like to argue too much. Where did I say I don't want an "IGNORE" button. I'm sorry if I have the mental capacity to ignore posts without actually having a "button". And lastly, I'm sorry you are having blood flow problems. Maybe there is a link between blood flow and sense of humor, Bobby.

Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech Freedom Of Speech

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
of course you think this...

since TT screwed things up with him...

I got news for you...

Shanahan's WAY smarter then TT....
(Walker's gonna light it up in Denver...)

66 You are right as rain on this one. He will be awsome in Denver, I have no doubt about that.

Shanahan just took advantage of a TT's situation and TT's situation was that he had to get rid of Walker for the good of the Packers future.

That does not make Shanney smarter than TT.

However... It really ****** me off as Raider Fan, and Packer fan. That I now have to see him twice a year in that sickning Bronco Uniform catching passes while I am thinking about how he trashed Brett on ESPN.

RP

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't worry, he won't be that great. he has a bum knee. he hasnt proven anything yet, except he has a big mouth.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Y'all really are missing the point.

Mike Smith of ESPN and Profootball talk dot com are reporting that Walker will make less than Ahman Green this year.

The deal is worth $40 million, and it includes $15 million in bonus money. The key, however, is that the "bonus" money is in the form of two option payments due in 2007 and 2008.

Under the agreement, there's a $10 million option bonus for 2007 and a $5 million option bonus in 2008. Unless the option bonus payments are guaranteed by base salaries (and best guess is that they aren't), the Broncos have the ability to cut the cord on Walker if, due to injury or otherwise, his performance in 2006 doesn't justify the significant investment that kicks in come next year.

To get the ability to part ways with Walker after only one season, the Broncos added a $1 million roster bonus to his $1.15 million salary. This means that his cap number for 2006 will be a manageable $2.15 million.

As Smith reports, Walker will earn $25 million from 2007 through 2009. However, Walker has to get there first. In an era where a deal primarily is judged by the amount of guaranteed money that the player gets, there's simply no guarantee that Walker will see a dime of the big-money portion of the deal.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Y'all really are missing the point.

Mike Smith of ESPN and Profootball talk dot com are reporting that Walker will make less than Ahman Green this year.

The deal is worth $40 million, and it includes $15 million in bonus money. The key, however, is that the "bonus" money is in the form of two option payments due in 2007 and 2008.

Under the agreement, there's a $10 million option bonus for 2007 and a $5 million option bonus in 2008. Unless the option bonus payments are guaranteed by base salaries (and best guess is that they aren't), the Broncos have the ability to cut the cord on Walker if, due to injury or otherwise, his performance in 2006 doesn't justify the significant investment that kicks in come next year.

To get the ability to part ways with Walker after only one season, the Broncos added a $1 million roster bonus to his $1.15 million salary. This means that his cap number for 2006 will be a manageable $2.15 million.

As Smith reports, Walker will earn $25 million from 2007 through 2009. However, Walker has to get there first. In an era where a deal primarily is judged by the amount of guaranteed money that the player gets, there's simply no guarantee that Walker will see a dime of the big-money portion of the deal.

Great information. I am kind of suprised that Walker went for this deal. Seems like fair for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts