Jared Cook

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cook proved to be great in my opinion. His ,,, negative,,, you could say. Was that he was injured too often.

But when healthy. He was a baller. And all business....

Good for him for staying healthy and playing great.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Could she he play TE?

In hindsight, probably the biggest transfer mistake we made in last decade? Probably him and the CBs.
Micah Hyde and Casey Hayward were much bigger hindsight mistakes. Taysom Hill should be a slot weapon for us.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Micah Hyde and Casey Hayward were much bigger hindsight mistakes. Taysom Hill should be a slot weapon for us.
Yup. Considering all the draft picks we wasted in secondary.

I'd take a leap and add Minkah to the list, given our problems in D.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another good game for him last night. Started season slow, but past few weeks have been awesome for him.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone doubts that MIcah Hyde should have been resigned.... HUGE blunder by TT

Casey played well his rookie year and then just kind of "fell off" a bit after. But I always had wanted to resign him

the point with Jared Cook is that we really haven't had anyone close to the "threat" that he provides

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Hyde was a gamer that we should have kept. Heywood flashed but it was widely agreed to let him go. The guy took off with a new team. Nobody here can argue with any certainty that he would have done this well with the Packers. In fact, there is more evidence to suggest that he only succeeded by leaving Green Bay. Good for him. It doesn't keep me up at night. It's part of sports, just needing the right coach or scheme to make things click.

Cook would have been great to keep. At the time he was on a one year prove-it deal. He did that and looked for money. As is always the case, we had many needs to address financially and decided against Cook. I never heard that we didn't want him back, but there is always more to a FA situation than just both sides wanting it to happen. There are other teams, more money, etc.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cook didn't want to be here or over valued himself. It was reported he was offered a contract, wanted more, we moved on. he never signed for as much as GB reportedly offered then or since. he's not here by his own choice. and it's long passed.

With hindsight i'd rather have paid Hyde and let Ha Ha go, but at the time, he was cheap, ascending and coming off a pro bowl. I'd also rather have signed Tretter than keep Linsley, but same thing. Tretter was going to get decent money and linsley was on a cheap rookie deal and doing well.

These things happen.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could she he play TE?

In hindsight, probably the biggest transfer mistake we made in last decade? Probably him and the CBs.
In hindsight? Not for me. Signing Martellus Bennett and letting Cook walk ranks up there as one of Teddy's biggest blunders, and there are alot.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cook didn't want to be here or over valued himself. It was reported he was offered a contract, wanted more, we moved on. he never signed for as much as GB reportedly offered then or since. he's not here by his own choice. and it's long passed.

With hindsight i'd rather have paid Hyde and let Ha Ha go, but at the time, he was cheap, ascending and coming off a pro bowl. I'd also rather have signed Tretter than keep Linsley, but same thing. Tretter was going to get decent money and linsley was on a cheap rookie deal and doing well.

These things happen.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jared-cook-sets-record-straight-sends-message-to-packers-fans/

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Last decade? Mandarich was 30 years ago. We've got two time warps going here. ;)

Last decade would be Justin Harrell.
I responded to a post that was responding to my post about a decade. The poster's response was the incredible bulk. My point was he wasn't in the last decade unless you stepped out of a time machine.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Hyde signed with Buffalo I'm pretty sure he got a way bigger contract than anything we were going to offer. Can't really fault the organization if another team is overpaying.

This thread kind of brings up a key point. We need to establish who the core of our team is. Obviously it's Rodgers, Jones, Adams, Bakh on offense. On defense it's now become the Smith's, but few else. I don't think Hyde or Hayward had established themselves as core guys prior to their departure. They were good pieces, but not retire as Packer type players.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone doubts that MIcah Hyde should have been resigned.... HUGE blunder by TT

Casey played well his rookie year and then just kind of "fell off" a bit after. But I always had wanted to resign him

the point with Jared Cook is that we really haven't had anyone close to the "threat" that he provides

My friend's hubby is a huge Bills fan and he constantly thanks me for Micah Hyde.

The problem with letting Cook go is we never replaced him in all this time. We don't know when/if Sternberger will turn out. Yes, we signed that moron Bennett but that one blew up in our faces big time and IMO Cook is the better player.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last decade? Mandarich was 30 years ago. We've got two time warps going here. ;)

Last decade would be Justin Harrell.

For me Justin Harrell was an injury bust. I will always wonder how he would have turned out if he was able to play. But if memory serves, didn't he have injury issues in college?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean...he does seem like the one guy who would probably know if Jared Cook was offered a contract.
and players never try to paint themselves in the best light...

I find it highly unlikely they sat at a negotiating table and just stared at each other for days on end. It was reported Cook wanted more than the Packers were offering. It was reported the Packers were offering more than the 1 year contract he signed with the Raiders. So while technically there was a never a contract signed by GB awaiting Jared's signature, I'm pretty confident the reason he wasn't in GB any more was because he was waiting for more money and ended up with less somewhere else.

Members online