'It's on tape': Fan demands Bears player fulfill ticket vow

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_026143848.html

A broker has taken pity on a fan who said Bears safety Chris Harris promised him a Super Bowl ticket and if the team made it, then reneged on the promise.

Bryan Lange said he received a free ticket from sitclose.com, a ticket brokerage firm located across from Wrigley Field.

Harris actually stopped to talk to him Wednesday.

"He said ‘Look, I get 10 tickets. I gotta take my family,’” Lange said. “I understand, that's fine."

Harris admits he said Lange could go, but he was only kidding.

“I was just talking you know, I didn't promise him tickets so he took that to heart, I don't know,” Harris said.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why dont I feel sorry for this guy?

Maybe it's cause the guy suckered a broker into giving him a FREE ticket to the Super Bowl!
Looks like his plan worked!
I bet players in the future will watch more closely what they say.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: 'It's on tape': Fan demands Bears player fulfill ticket

Harris was stupid for making that promise but come on you promised what is this guy 6. I knew someone somewhere would feel bad for this guy and give him 1 or 2 tix but I'm sure you could find a more deserving bears fan to get charity like that. One example is that guy with the tatts of bears autographs all over him. Does anyone know if he got any tickets cause if he didn't that is just plain wrong cause that is some insane type of loyalty.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Not only is Harris NOT a man of his word, he's a liar.

“I was just talking you know, I didn't promise him tickets so he took that to heart, I don't know,” Harris said.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

BearPerspective said:

Yeah.......he's back pedalling pretty quick!
It kind of reminds me of how when you are on a basketball court, and you say to a guy "I bet you $50 you can't make a shot from half court!" Then the guy makes it, and of COURSE you don't pay the $50. Everyone razzes you, and you all laugh.
Harris made a statement like that, never expecting or intending to follow through. It makes him look bad, but really, anyone that thought he really meant it it stretching it in my view.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
BearPerspective said:

It kind of reminds me of how when you are on a basketball court, and you say to a guy "I bet you $50 you can't make a shot from half court!" Then the guy makes it, and of COURSE you don't pay the $50. Everyone razzes you, and you all laugh.
Harris made a statement like that, never expecting or intending to follow through. It makes him look bad, but really, anyone that thought he really meant it it stretching it in my view.

I guess I was raised wrong. I had the mentality of, mean what you say and say what you mean, stamped into my head on a regular basis.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:
Zero2Cool said:
BearPerspective said:

I guess I was raised wrong. I had the mentality of, mean what you say and say what you mean, stamped into my head on a regular basis.
Don't get me wrong.......i was raised that way too. What i'm trying to say is, it was a situation where they were just talking back and forth, NOT a serious conversation, and then Harris made a stupid statement. I think everyone at some time said something they really didn't mean, and then regretted it later. I know i have. No one is perfect on this.
Now......Harris SHOULD have just bought the guy a ticket. He's a pro football player, and i'm sure has PLENTY of money to afford it. He could have done that, and got PLENTY of positive advertising for it. Instead, he dropped the ball on this and ends up looking like a jerk.
He should have just bought the ticket and chaulked it up to expierience.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Harris SHOULD have just bought the guy a ticket. He's a pro football player, and i'm sure has PLENTY of money to afford it. He could have done that, and got PLENTY of positive advertising for it. Instead, he dropped the ball on this and ends up looking like a jerk.

But he is giving him a jersey with autographs on it

:rotflmao: :rubeyes:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:
Harris SHOULD have just bought the guy a ticket. He's a pro football player, and i'm sure has PLENTY of money to afford it. He could have done that, and got PLENTY of positive advertising for it. Instead, he dropped the ball on this and ends up looking like a jerk.

So the guy wins all the way around. He gets to go to the game, AND gets some nifty gifts!
Way to extort all he can out of this.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

longtimefan said:
cheesey said:

So the guy wins all the way around. He gets to go to the game, AND gets some nifty gifts!

You call a signed jersey from a Bears player nifty?

LOL

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:
longtimefan said:
cheesey said:

You call a signed jersey from a Bears player nifty?

LOL
Well.....if your a BEARS fan it probably is.
The only autographed Bears jerseys i would like would be Walter Payton, or **** Butkus!

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the old days in Chicago, the guy with the show/sign would have been reminded by two guys in trenchcoats that if he keeps it up, he would get swimming lessons in Lake Michigan....with cement overshoes.

Like so many self-promoters, I hope this guy slides back underneath the rock he sleeps under. Pure exploitation of a famous person, plain and simple.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score

BearPerspective said:

Please, never let me catch you telling the slightest fib(no pun intended) from this point forward.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
BearPerspective said:

Please, never let me catch you telling the slightest fib(no pun intended) from this point forward.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"FIB!!!"
LOLOLOLOL!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao: