3 - Carson Palmer
4 - Donovan McNabb
5 - Matt Hasselbeck
6 - Brett Favre
7 - Drew Brees
8 - Trent Green
9 - Vince Young
10 - Marc Bulger

BUBBLE - Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, Philip Rivers, Byron Leftwich, Jake Delhomme, Steve McNair

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 - Peyton Manning
2 - Tom Brady
3 - Carson Palmer
4 - Donovan McNabb
5 - Matt Hasselbeck
6 - Brett Favre
7 - Drew Brees
8 - Trent Green
9 - Vince Young
10 - Marc Bulger

BUBBLE - Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, Philip Rivers, Byron Leftwich, Jake Delhomme, Steve McNair

I like Hasselbeck, but he had some of the best weapons in the league last year. Shaun Alexander, an awesome o-line, a decent receiving TE, 5 above average receivers (Branch, engram, Burleson, Jackson, hackett. The seahawks also had a good defense. With all of that, I think they had a dissappointing season.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I've said this before, and I will say it again.

A gunslinger(favre) with a young\inexperienced\growing* line = not good things.

* The line, from reports, and seeing it myself on NFl Network(so far) suggest the line is improved.

You call the young team(the line, jennings, morency\jackson) a Volkswagon? Ok. I'll call it a classic car that just needs a little restoration. lol, and the restoration process is almost complete, baby!

Yeah, I agree. I don't think Manning or Brady would have done any better either.

I'm looking forward to the day when Manning's offense all goes their separate ways due to free agency, so all the Manning is better than Favre morons will finally shut the **** up. We'll get to see how poorly anyone does when they're not surrounded by Pro Bowlers.

Favre had a mediocre year by his standards last year, but he had only one weapon on his team. Jennings was pretty impressive before that ankle injury. the OL was horrible until the last four games, and our TEs were some of the worst in the NFL. And Green of '06 was only a shell of what he was in '03. Don't get me wrong, I love Green and wish him the best of success on his new team, but he's not what he used to be by any means.

Barring injuries (don't worry, I'm knocking on wood), Favre will have a much better season in '07 than last year. Jennings is 100%, Driver is Driver, the OL has one more year under their belt. I think our running game will be ok. Not good, but not bad, probably middle of the road. Then we'll do another top 10 and we'll be able to put Favre on there without any valid arguments from non-Packer fans, and all the people who were calling for his retirement will look like idiots.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danreb said:
1 - Peyton Manning
2 - Tom Brady
3 - Carson Palmer
4 - Donovan McNabb
5 - Matt Hasselbeck
6 - Brett Favre
7 - Drew Brees
8 - Trent Green
9 - Vince Young
10 - Marc Bulger

I like Hasselbeck, but he had some of the best weapons in the league last year. Shaun Alexander, an awesome o-line, a decent receiving TE, 5 above average receivers (Branch, engram, Burleson, Jackson, hackett. The seahawks also had a good defense. With all of that, I think they had a dissappointing season.

But the question is who's better at this point in time.

Hasselbeck is pretty much in the prime of his career, and Favre is definitely passed his hayday. So Hasselbeck has better weapons--it's definitely not his fault. He's been more productive than Favre for a couple years now, and he's done so with throwing a lot less interceptions. So now, Hasselbeck is definitely a better quarterback than Favre in my opinion. Burleson and Engram are not above average, and Jackson is no longer with Seattle. Hackett is just some body who everybody believes will break out this year. Hackett is Seattle's version of Fergie, except more dependable.

And McNabb is better than Favre by all accounts. Don't even talk about the talent the guy has around him. Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis is not better than Donald Driver and Greg Jennings. And that year he had Owens and put up spectacular numbers was no fluke--he followed that up with another great year. Yes, he got hurt. But IF he didn't--his numbers would be better than Manning's.

It pains me to say this, but McNabb has never lost against Favre.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Peyton Manning
2. Carson Palmer
3. Tom Brady
4. Drew Brees
5. Donovan McNabb
6. Matt Hasselbeck
7. Philip Rivers
8. Marc Bulger
9. Eli Manning
10.Brett Favre

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Madden '08 has Brett Favre as #10:

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Carson Palmer
Drew Brees
Donovan McNabb
Marc Bulger
Matt Hasselbeck
Michael Vick
Philip Rivers
Brett Favre

I guess by default, Favre jumps to #9 because it's doubtful Vick will play this year. I think Madden's a pretty good judge to how good a player is.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best right now for me it:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew brees
4. Carson Palmer
5. Bulger
6. Favre
7. Brad Johnson
8. Mike Vick
9. Daunte Culpepper
10. Alex Smith

(ok kidding about the last 4)

1. VICK!
2. JP losman
3. Andrew Walter
4.Tavaris Jackson
:lol:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does Favre fall when you consider bang for your buck? He is kind of pricey for the production that you get from him.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does Favre fall when you consider bang for your buck? He is kind of pricey for the production that you get from him.

If you are playing fantasy football, then yes. If you are wanting your team to win games, then you don't care.

LindyInfante

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has been my neighbors #1 FF pick for three straight years needless to say she's terrible at FF football. Favre would be better suited as a back-up unless they give points for interceptions thrown. We have a ten team league and there are 32 starting qbs in the NFL, I'm sure I can name 10 QBs better than Favre(at this point in his career) to pick as a #1.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has been my neighbors #1 FF pick for three straight years needless to say she's terrible at FF football. Favre would be better suited as a back-up unless they give points for interceptions thrown. We have a ten team league and there are 32 starting qbs in the NFL, I'm sure I can name 10 QBs better than Favre(at this point in his career) to pick as a #1.

Sorry buddy. You lose.

Peyton Manning 362 557 4397 31 9 | 23 36 4 | 362 120
Drew Brees 356 554 4418 26 11 | 42 32 0 | 317 75
Marc Bulger 370 588 4301 24 8 | 18 44 0 | 307 65
Michael Vick 204 388 2474 20 13 | 123 1039 2 | 307 65
Carson Palmer 324 520 4035 28 13 | 26 37 0 | 304 62
Jon Kitna 372 596 4208 21 22 | 34 156 2 | 300 58
Tom Brady 319 516 3529 24 12 | 49 102 0 | 271 29
Brett Favre 343 613 3885 18 18 | 23 29 1 | 257 15

There ya go. For fantasy football, Brett Favre was #8 last year. You said you can name ten. You must have failed 2nd grade math.

LindyInfante

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LindyInfante said:

Sorry buddy. You lose.

Peyton Manning 362 557 4397 31 9 | 23 36 4 | 362 120
Drew Brees 356 554 4418 26 11 | 42 32 0 | 317 75
Marc Bulger 370 588 4301 24 8 | 18 44 0 | 307 65
Michael Vick 204 388 2474 20 13 | 123 1039 2 | 307 65
Carson Palmer 324 520 4035 28 13 | 26 37 0 | 304 62
Jon Kitna 372 596 4208 21 22 | 34 156 2 | 300 58
Tom Brady 319 516 3529 24 12 | 49 102 0 | 271 29
Brett Favre 343 613 3885 18 18 | 23 29 1 | 257 15

There ya go. For fantasy football, Brett Favre was #8 last year. You said you can name ten. You must have failed 2nd grade math.

I would pick any one of these as a starting FF qb over favre this season:

1.) Peyton Manning
2.)Tom Brady
3.)Drew Brees
4.)Carson Palmer
5.)Marc Bulger
6.)Donovan McNabb
7.)Philip Rivers
8.)Matt Leinart
9.)Matt Hasselback
10.)John Kitna

Every FF magazine I've seen ranks him 14-17 this season out of all the qbs. My point was that She picks him #1 overall every year meaning he goes in the first round of the entire draft and that's not very smart. Even though he was the #8 QB last season he shouldn't be picked in the top 10 spots in our draft, I love Favre but that's just blind homerism. Peyton Manning might be the only exception to the rule that you never take a QB in the first round.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kitna, leinart, rivers.... better than favre in anything is a freakin joke.

however no QB besides Peyton should be picked in the first 2 rounds in my opinion. plenty of solid QBs including Favre that will be around in the later rounds.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's Fantasy Football. That really doesn't do much with the reality of the game. Kitna is rated highly because of his surroundings on offense. Not because he's better than brett Favre. Same with Matt Leinart. I would take Leinart before Favre in fantasy football as well but do I think at the moment Leinart is a better QB? Not really.. Not yet at least. Kitna never was and never will be but he's in with a slew of talent. I did watch the Lions preseason opener and it was the same old though. Kitna drops back and gets hit be a 300 pounder.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would pick any one of these as a starting FF qb over favre this season:

1.) Peyton Manning
2.)Tom Brady
3.)Drew Brees
4.)Carson Palmer
5.)Marc Bulger
6.)Donovan McNabb
7.)Philip Rivers
8.)Matt Leinart
9.)Matt Hasselback
10.)John Kitna

Every FF magazine I've seen ranks him 14-17 this season out of all the qbs. My point was that She picks him #1 overall every year meaning he goes in the first round of the entire draft and that's not very smart. Even though he was the #8 QB last season he shouldn't be picked in the top 10 spots in our draft, I love Favre but that's just blind homerism. Peyton Manning might be the only exception to the rule that you never take a QB in the first round.

When the regular season starts, things will be much different. We'll see Favre throw for 3800+ yards and 20+ TDs, putting him in the top 10. We had 3 problems last year (in no order):
1) Greg Jennings got injured, thus a HUGE decline in production,
2) TEs/Red Zone
3) Bad pass protection made us keep 7 back which left only 3 receivers, allowing teams to double cover all our receivers.

Now, we know #1 is solved. Jennings will get 8+ TDs this year.
#2 remains unresolved, and this is what will keep Favre under 30+ TDs.
#3 looks like it's resolved, and because of it, we'll have much better production from Driver/Jennings/3rd WR (probably Jones).

Plus, Ruvell Martin and Carlyle Holliday have another year with Brett Favre, gaining his trust.

I foresee an exciting year to be a Packer fan. I don't think the passing game will be a problem, and will bet that Favre will finish in the top 10 for fantasy stats.

Now, picking ANY QB (besides Peyton Manning) for your first round pick in fantasy is dumb, and we all know that. No need to dog Favre on that point.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

If you are playing fantasy football, then yes. If you are wanting your team to win games, then you don't care.

Ever heard of a salary cap, Mr. Stienbrener?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
4thand26 said:

The Packers are still well below the salary cap......so whats your point?

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Zombieslayer said:
4thand26 said:

The Packers are still well below the salary cap......so whats your point?

Should I get out the finger paints so that you can understand?

Lets review.
1. I asked where Favre would fall in the Thread list of QB's if you consider his salary impact.
2. Someone responded that if you are trying to win, then you shouldnt care about salaries.
3. I responded that there is a salary cap to contend with.

Yes the Packers are under the salary cap. I would contend that they are overpaying for the production they are getting at the quarterback position. Imagine how far they would be under if they were paying a fair wage for that position - and that is the object of the game, to be under the salary cap, right? Or is the object of the game to field a team that gains 6 yards in 12 offensive plays. I get so confused here.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should I get out the finger paints so that you can understand?

Lets review.
1. I asked where Favre would fall in the Thread list of QB's if you consider his salary impact.
2. Someone responded that if you are trying to win, then you shouldnt care about salaries.
3. I responded that there is a salary cap to contend with.

Yes the Packers are under the salary cap. I would contend that they are overpaying for the production they are getting at the quarterback position. Imagine how far they would be under if they were paying a fair wage for that position - and that is the object of the game, to be under the salary cap, right? Or is the object of the game to field a team that gains 6 yards in 12 offensive plays. I get so confused here.

1. This is a whole new thread. Kind of off-topic.
2. Exactly, as long as you're under the cap.
3. If you're under the cap, it's a non-issue. We're under the cap. So it's a non-issue.

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wake up Packer Nation. Favre is nowhere close to a top 10 QB anymore. Was he once? Yes, he was one of the very best. Those days are over.

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Palmer
4. Bulger
5. Brees
6. Hassleback]
7. McNabb
8. Young
9. Kitna
10. Cutler
11. Romo
12. Rivers
13. Rothliesburger
14. E Manning
15. Leinart
16. Pennington
17. Mcnair
18. Favre
19. TJackson

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wake up Packer Nation. Favre is nowhere close to a top 10 QB anymore. Was he once? Yes, he was one of the very best. Those days are over.

1. Manning
2. Brady
3. Palmer
4. Bulger
5. Brees
6. Hassleback]
7. McNabb
8. Young
9. Kitna
10. Cutler
11. Romo
12. Rivers
13. Rothliesburger
14. E Manning
15. Leinart
16. Pennington
17. Mcnair
18. Favre
19. TJackson

The question from Miller Time was, "Who would I want to win one game for my team?"

The QB doesn't play for the team they have right now. In your case the QB in question plays for the Vikings. You are telling me that you would rather have Romo, Leinhart, Pennington or even an extremely raw Vince Young as your QB for that game? Right.
Brett's skills are no any where near what they use to be. But he still finds a way to win.
There are not very many QB's that could have taken last yrs GB team to an 8-8 record.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you got the First Tier

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning

2nd Tier

3. Carson Palmer
4. Drew Brees

3rd Tier

5. Matt Hasselbeck
6. Donovan McNabb
7. Marc Bulger
8. Brett Favre

Then after that you have a bunch of young QB's who are trying to emerge.

Phillip Rivers, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and Jay Cutler would lead the way.

Just my two cents.
:agree:

Latest posts