Is Aaron Rodgers Better Than Tom Brady?

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I know. It's tough to win it all though, so much seems to have to click. So when we got the first one I savored it but 2005 was the real year IMO that got away. Between the death of Dungy's son and resting too much I felt a season that appeared to be "ours" went down the drain. That still remains to me my most painful loss; 2005 divisional loss to Pittsburgh at home. I was not even as mad losing to the Saints even though we were there in the big one. I like Brees and I felt they were a great team. We deserved to lose that SB the way we played and were outcoached. Too many big mistakes. I still don't think the Steelers were better then those 2005 Colts though to this day. We choked.

When you lose to a team that you feel might be better then you or at least your equal it can be easier to swallow. When you feel your team blew it then thats a different story. I guess thats how Pats fans may feel about the Giants SB or last year to the Jets.

yes exactly how i feel. We should NOT have lost to the jets or giants. But **** happens.

Another loss that i am still a little upset over is the 2006 loss to your colts. We had a huge lead in that game and our defense blew it. It was unbelievable.... crredit to manning for pulling a come-back, but that game was ours to win. I think we would have won the SB against the bears that year too.

IMO, that loss you guys had to the saints in 2009 was a fair loss. Both teams were evenly matched with a slight advant. to you guys since you have the better qb. I don't think your coach (caldwell) was THAT outcoached in that sb, i would say it was close.

Would have loved to see manning lead a comeback in the superbowl... too bad he had to throw that pick 6.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
yes exactly how i feel. We should NOT have lost to the jets or giants. But **** happens.

Another loss that i am still a little upset over is the 2006 loss to your colts. We had a huge lead in that game and our defense blew it. It was unbelievable.... crredit to manning for pulling a come-back, but that game was ours to win. I think we would have won the SB against the bears that year too.

IMO, that loss you guys had to the saints in 2009 was a fair loss. Both teams were evenly matched with a slight advant. to you guys since you have the better qb. I don't think your coach (caldwell) was THAT outcoached in that sb, i would say it was close.

Would have loved to see manning lead a comeback in the superbowl... too bad he had to throw that pick 6.

Oh man, that game almost killed me I swear. I felt whoever won the AFC that year wins the SB against the Bears. The AFC was strong that year for sure. Ravens and Chargers were both so good and Colts/Pats beat them. Hats off to the Pats though for beating SD lol. I am not sure we take them out there based on how much trouble they give us. I was rooting for NE so we get the home game. And I felt if the Colts were to do it finally, they had to get by the Patriots. It was the right way to get done.

BTW you notice a trend at times with the Pats? Whats with blowing the big leads at times? Like even when you guys are up big ever since that title game I never felt you had the game in the bag outside of your 07 team.

And with the Saints SB it was odd to me. I felt like we should have won but after the onside kick (horrible) I started to feel a bit sick at times. It just felt like the Saints night. They started to get the breaks their way. And even if we scored on that final drive to tie it up I was looking at the clock a lot. There was still too much time left. Our D was hurt. I would have ran the ball more in the second half. We were getting yards on the ground finally that season. I read after the SB that Jeff Fisher told Payton before the game to let us run since we don't feel comfortable with it and will go back to the pass anyway. Dead last running the ball all year and in that game we could run and we don't stick with it? Pathetic.

Actually this year in general is crazy to me with comebacks and blown leads.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh man, that game almost killed me I swear. I felt whoever won the AFC that year wins the SB against the Bears. The AFC was strong that year for sure. Ravens and Chargers were both so good and Colts/Pats beat them. Hats off to the Pats though for beating SD lol. I am not sure we take them out there based on how much trouble they give us. I was rooting for NE so we get the home game. And I felt if the Colts were to do it finally, they had to get by the Patriots. It was the right way to get done.

BTW you notice a trend at times with the Pats? Whats with blowing the big leads at times? Like even when you guys are up big ever since that title game I never felt you had the game in the bag outside of your 07 team.

And with the Saints SB it was odd to me. I felt like we should have won but after the onside kick (horrible) I started to feel a bit sick at times. It just felt like the Saints night. They started to get the breaks their way. And even if we scored on that final drive to tie it up I was looking at the clock a lot. There was still too much time left. Our D was hurt. I would have ran the ball more in the second half. We were getting yards on the ground finally that season. I read after the SB that Jeff Fisher told Payton before the game to let us run since we don't feel comfortable with it and will go back to the pass anyway. Dead last running the ball all year and in that game we could run and we don't stick with it? Pathetic.

Actually this year in general is crazy to me with comebacks and blown leads.

our defense sucks plain and simple. brady and co give us a great lead but we always blow it..

Yea, the chargers would probably have beaten you guys.

I think that 06 patriots team was TBH a team of scrubs... no idea how we were even in the championship game.

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm becoming such an Aaron Rodgers fan that I wouldn't think of him having a bad game if he can get Mason within field goal range three times for the win.
Sanchez didn't get close enough for 'em to make even one.
In any case, if you're a Pat's fan, you should be very happy about that.

In Rodgers' defence, it was also very windy that day. Neither team could really do anything through the air.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before getting involved with the Pats? When did you jump on the wagon? ;)

0-5 without Manning speaks for itself so far, this team effing blows. I love them, but they are a a mess.It is so sad to watch but I knew this would happen. I have picked the Colts to lose every week this season. When your so called yearly playoff team cannot even beat the Browns or Chiefs at home what does that say for the rest of the organization? The security blanket named Peyton is gone.

This is a one man organization now and while I have said he never had his best in all playoff games it's tough to put them all on him. Frankly, I am a bit disgusted that this team is so bad without one man.

Personally, I am sorta in the "Suck for Luck" mentality. Peyton is 35. Would be nice to have a young stud to develop. I am a Colts fan, not just a Peyton fan. But, man oh man is Peyton valuable to this team. Scary. If you can't beat the Browns or Chiefs at home of the NFL who can you beat? Who is responsible for this mess?

You guys in some ways turned into the 2004 Colts the last few years. No D and having to depend on your QB to put up 30 a game or more. Back to back one and dones.

Yes I realize this..
You had maybe the highest scoring offense of all time+ You were playing indoors against a team you put over 30 on in week 17.

14 points? Pats offense could do better then that. I will say though it's one of the few games that year that Brady did not have enough time to knit sweaters before each throw. Giants d line was lights out.

I don't hate Brady as much as you think. I just don't think he is the best of all time or the best currently in the league. Not hate, I respect the man. I respect him as an elite QB. I don't have to be all over his nuts though. Without the old D you guys used to have though it's going to be tougher to win a title. Brady won't pass his way to a SB title. Manning never did without the help of his D and run game in 2006. Brady won't either unless he gets a full team effort.

That is what separates Rodgers at times. He is a passer with athletic ability. He can make and extend plays a Manning or Brady could never do. It's just a different beast at times. Rodgers will also need his D and the rest of the team to play well though in the playoffs to repeat.
I do think Manning is one of the all time greats, but 0-5 does NOT speak of Manning.

All it does is speak of Curtis Painter. Put him on the Packers and lets see how good they do.

The Colts are built for Manning, or rather, for a QB. Of course a team like that without a QB will flop.

It doesn't mean Brady or Rodgers wouldn't be succeeding with this team...

Reaction score
They won 11 games with Cassel and then won 10 games the next year with Brady. Therefore Cassel is better than Brady? That 11 win season is overused to discredit Brady and I think it's bunk.

2007 Brady: 16-0 589 pts, +315 pts
2008 Cassel: 11-5 410 pts, +101 pts
2009 Brady: 10-6 427 pts, +142 pts
2010 Brady: 14-2 518 pts, +205 pts

Did I say Cassel was better than Brady? No. My point is if you put another good to elite QB in the position Brady is in, they would have excelled as well. All I know is that ever since SpyGate happened, the Patriots have not won a meaningful game since. Yeah, he threw for over 500 yards earlier this year but it was against the Dolphins. I fail to see the hype when it comes to Brady and many old time football fans whom I have talked to who watched Unitas and Namath in their prime as well as Marino, Montana, Elway, etc. also fail to see what's so special about New England's QB.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I do think Manning is one of the all time greats, but 0-5 does NOT speak of Manning.

All it does is speak of Curtis Painter. Put him on the Packers and lets see how good they do.

The Colts are built for Manning, or rather, for a QB. Of course a team like that without a QB will flop.

It doesn't mean Brady or Rodgers wouldn't be succeeding with this team...

I would be more then willing to see Rodgers take charge of our offense. ;) I can dream. He could do some wonderful things with Wayne, Clark and Collie. :)

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I say Cassel was better than Brady? No. My point is if you put another good to elite QB in the position Brady is in, they would have excelled as well. All I know is that ever since SpyGate happened, the Patriots have not won a meaningful game since. Yeah, he threw for over 500 yards earlier this year but it was against the Dolphins. I fail to see the hype when it comes to Brady and many old time football fans whom I have talked to who watched Unitas and Namath in their prime as well as Marino, Montana, Elway, etc. also fail to see what's so special about New England's QB.
namath? you lost credibility IMO by mentioning him...

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know you didn't say Cassel is better than Brady. I'm turning your logic around to discredit it. You can't just say that one guy replaced another, and compare how many games they won, and use it as an argument. Brady replaced Cassel and the team won less games.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think it's time to finally put Rodgers vs Brady to rest after today.

Those watching Dallas and New England know what I am talking about.

Rodgers is playing much better than Tom this year.
Agreed, 2/3 of Rodger's INTs were off tips, and if that doesn't describe great accuracy I don't know what does.

Tom ain't looking too hot.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And with that Tom Brady has another perfect 4th quarter comeback drive...

That's just to say it's closer than people think, Tom Brady is a HoF in his prime.

But I agree, what Rodgers is doing right now is on another level. He has 3 ints for the season and 2 of them were tipped passes that were perfectly thrown and the other one is an amazing athletic play by Brian Urlacher.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another set of numbers to show how well Rodgers is playing.

He currently lead the league in:

TDs
Completion %
YPA
40+ yard plays
QB rating
Longest pass completion

He's #3 in passing yards, #3 amongst starting QBs in Ints not thrown, #3 in first downs, and #2 on 20+ yard plays.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's time to finally put Rodgers vs Brady to rest after today.

Those watching Dallas and New England know what I am talking about.

Rodgers is playing much better than Tom this year.

hehe, you sure about that man? Did you watch brady's 4th quarter come-back? It is a lot closer than you think...

And beside, the cowboys are a much better team than the rams, don't you think?

I agree however that aaron rodgers is playing on an INSANE level right now. I don't know the packers schedule, but are they playing any really difficult defenses the next 11 games?

Would love to see how he does against them.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hehe, you sure about that man? Did you watch brady's 4th quarter come-back? It is a lot closer than you think...

And beside, the cowboys are a much better team than the rams, don't you think?

I agree however that aaron rodgers is playing on an INSANE level right now. I don't know the packers schedule, but are they playing any really difficult defenses the next 11 games?

Would love to see how he does against them.
Lions', Chargers', Bears' (always gives us fits), Raiders'...

Not a lot of though defenses... With Brady already throwing 8 ints for the season, I think Rodgers will run with the MVP trophy... His numbers are staggering, he is putting highlight plays all around, and the team will probably be #1 in the league.

Still only regular season... What I want is the SB MVP for him again. Matching Starr with back-to-back SB MVPs.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tough call, Rodgers has been fantastic this season, but Brady has stood the test of time. Been so good for so many seasons.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Brady is one of the finest quarterbacks to play the game of football. Aaron Rodgers is still early in his career. Rodgers has played spectacularly since he started, but I would have to give the nod to Brady simply because he has been playing longer. Rodgers though, 8 years down the road and health permitting, will more than likely be considered one of the greats to step on to the gridiron.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another set of numbers to show how well Rodgers is playing.

He currently lead the league in:

TDs
Completion %
YPA
40+ yard plays
QB rating
Longest pass completion

He's #3 in passing yards, #3 amongst starting QBs in Ints not thrown, #3 in first downs, and #2 on 20+ yard plays.

If this continues its a top 3 season all time for a QB.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From espn:

Mangini,Jon Ritchie and Skip Bayless were asked who would they chose to play QB for their team as of today BRADY or RODGERS?

Mangini picked Brady
Jon Ritchie picked Rodgers
Skip picked Brady

STATS:
Brady 16 TD 8 INT
Rodgers 17 TD 3 INT

brady leads 2-1

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From espn:

Mangini,Jon Ritchie and Skip Bayless were asked who would they chose to play QB for their team as of today BRADY or RODGERS?

Mangini picked Brady
Jon Ritchie picked Rodgers
Skip picked Brady

STATS:
Brady 16 TD 8 INT
Rodgers 17 TD 3 INT

brady leads 2-1
So it's set.

If Bayless is picking Brady, we all know it's Rodgers without a doubt.

Members online

Latest posts