Is Aaron Rodgers Better Than Tom Brady?

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers 2011 > Brady 2011. The biggest argument I can find with this is the Patriots have the better O-Line, Packers have better receivers. I think Rodgers is having a great year so far, and does that TD's count for his rushing TD's? Something that gives him a huge nudge over Brady.
how many rushing tds does he have? of course they count.. why wudnt they

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few years ago, Rodgers said the best advice he ever got was from Tom Brady.

Brady told him to work on one of your weaknesses every offseason.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course right now Rodgers is playing at a higher level than Brady.
But in all liklihood Brady is now past his prime. Rodgers is likely just entering his prime years.
There are some pundits who feel Brady has been overrated in his career, even after his SB successes. Can't think of anyone who would seriously attempt to make a coherent argument that Rodgers is overrated.
Sure there are many people (haters) that say this. They claim that rodgers success is mainly because of his stacked offensive squad. Take what you want out of that.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this moment is time, Rodgers is playing better than Brady. If Aroge had Bradys line and could stand back there all day his numbers would be off the charts. IF Aroge continues this level of play for the duration that Brady has played, at the end of it I believe we may be talking about the one of the greatest quarterbacks ever. and hopefully he will have five or six rings in the end. But time will tell.
5 or 6 rings? Wow, thats a lot of hardware. I think he can reach 3-4... 5-6 might be pushing it.

I mean ****, if he wins even ONE MORE SB, he would already be one of the GOATS qbs (barring injury and that he continues compiling his insane stats)

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt I don't think the NFL has ever seen a QB like Aaron. I mean honestly, this kid throws the ball better than anybody in the NFL, he has great footwork, he extends plays with his feet and makes plays with his feet, extremely accurate, and he can throw the ball on the run extremely well.

This kid is an amazing player. Name me one person who can do that in the NFL. He's a combination of all great QBs:
+He has the confidence of Tom Brady
+Intelligence of Peyton Manning
+Accuracy of Drew Brees
+Is mobile although not a Vick, he can make plays with his feet

This kid is the real deal.
i agree to most of this except the intelligence of peyton manning part. He is not quite there yet (i.e. he can improve in lots of areas). Imagine that... he can IMPROVE, how look how much of a force he is now

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady was the unanimous regular season MVP last year. He had probably his best regular season ever. So you can't just laugh Brady out of the discussion. Rodgers has been the best in football since returning from the concussion last year, and Brady flopped in the playoffs the last two years, but still... Brady had 36 TDs to 4 INTs in the regular season last year, and won 14 games without a true deep threat. I take Rodgers right now, but I have Brady ranked as the #7 greatest QB of all time.
whose ahead of him in your list

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
5 or 6 rings? Wow, thats a lot of hardware. I think he can reach 3-4... 5-6 might be pushing it.

I mean ****, if he wins even ONE MORE SB, he would already be one of the GOATS qbs (barring injury and that he continues compiling his insane stats)
Hey, what the hell. It's easy to say 5 or 6, that way if it happens, I can go dig up this old thread and show everyone how smart I was.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, yes he is. He can do everything Tom Brady can do....with more athleticism.
A poster from PATSFAN put it like this:

"The excitement around rodgers is due to the fact that he appears to have the accuracy and intangibles of brady, the quick release of marino, and the agility and arm strength of elway. Whether he can produce over a long period of time is the only question mark. For one game, I would feel good about taking either one."

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I always tried to shy away from best QB debates or best ever. I just never ranked them either. I always favored Montana and Unitas overall though.

You can't usually change people's minds. Everyone has their personal favorites now and all time.

I will say though that with my team being a current disaster the Packers are pretty much giving me my football joy this year when it comes to good teams. I adore watching your team and your staff going back to last year.

Rodgers is a huge part of it too. He is a special player and QB and still so young. He is great for football. We needed a new start to emerge, a new face of the league. He is the most exciting QB for me to watch thats for sure.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
The marketing people at NBC are dreaming of a Rodgers V Brady showdown in XLVI. Think that would break some viewing records.

I actually think it might be the Ravens representing the AFC. Nobody has really shown that they can stop the Ravens from running the football and their defense is stout per usual. But if Flacco is forced to throw they
are going to have problems.

Bart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady have had an amazing career with 3 SB wins and lots of records, while Rodgers only have won 1 sb so far, but lets see when both careers are over, then we can see who was the best qb

But still its nearly impossible to tell who is best, since they dont have same team mates

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think it might be the Ravens representing the AFC. Nobody has really shown that they can stop the Ravens from running the football and their defense is stout per usual. But if Flacco is forced to throw they
are going to have problems.
IMO, the ravens vs packers would be one boring *** superbowl.

Packers vs patriots would be awesome because

1) two of the best qbs go head to head

2) high power offenses on both teams

And besides, i think the ravens will lose in the post season

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always tried to shy away from best QB debates or best ever. I just never ranked them either. I always favored Montana and Unitas overall though.

You can't usually change people's minds. Everyone has their personal favorites now and all time.

I will say though that with my team being a current disaster the Packers are pretty much giving me my football joy this year when it comes to good teams. I adore watching your team and your staff going back to last year.

Rodgers is a huge part of it too. He is a special player and QB and still so young. He is great for football. We needed a new start to emerge, a new face of the league. He is the most exciting QB for me to watch thats for sure.
I wonder why you do not enjoy watching the patriots.. :D

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Calling a winning QB a goat is a new term to me.
I always thought it was applied to the loser. The one who blows it during the game.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calling a winning QB a goat is a new term to me.
I always thought it was applied to the loser. The one who blows it during the game.

Lowercase goat is the one who blows it.

Uppercase GOAT is Greatest Of All Time. I think I first heard Jon Gruden use it that way, talking about Jerry Rice.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Our Offense... Gooollly..." - Cullen Jenkins, 2010 playoffs vs ATL
"Has this guy thrown a F@#$in incompletion?..." - Mike Smith, 2010 playoffs
"Man, my boy Aaron is a beast" - BJ Raji, 2010 playoffs vs ATL

And he's been playing like pretty much all season so far.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lowercase goat is the one who blows it.

Uppercase GOAT is Greatest Of All Time. I think I first heard Jon Gruden use it that way, talking about Jerry Rice.
Gotchya. Thanx.

Seems like every other player is a GOAT to Mr. Gruden.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Our Offense... Gooollly..." - Cullen Jenkins, 2010 playoffs vs ATL
"Has this guy thrown a F@#$in incompletion?..." - Mike Smith, 2010 playoffs
"Man, my boy Aaron is a beast" - BJ Raji, 2010 playoffs vs ATL

And he's been playing like pretty much all season so far.
I don't have it here in front of me but you can add comments from the Broncos coach to your list.
He had good and respectful things to say about our A-Rod after the Broncos game.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have it here in front of me but you can add comments from the Broncos coach to your list.
He had good and respectful things to say about our A-Rod after the Broncos game.

Can we just get a thread going w/ a collection of Rodger's praise from coaches and teammates?

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing i would like to point out is how much of a phenomenal "outdoor" quarterback tom brady is. I'd wager he might be the GOAT when it comes to excelling in every environment imagineable.

Now, i was curious, but how does aaron rodgers compare to brady in that aspect? I know AROD is a great dome player, but how does he perform in terrible weather (i.e. new england weather), etc etc? If you take a look at someone like manning, he has had a huge benefit playing domes most of his career... because his stats outside of domes are really bad compared to someone like brady.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing i would like to point out is how much of a phenomenal "outdoor" quarterback tom brady is. I'd wager he might be the GOAT when it comes to excelling in every environment imagineable.

Now, i was curious, but how does aaron rodgers compare to brady in that aspect? I know AROD is a great dome player, but how does he perform in terrible weather (i.e. new england weather), etc etc? If you take a look at someone like manning, he has had a huge benefit playing domes most of his career... because his stats outside of domes are really bad compared to someone like brady.
He hasn't played in many of those, so it's hard to judge based on that.

His play obviously is not as good, he's not as accurate, particularly on longer throws.

I don't have his stats, but one of his best games came in december against the Giants last year. 408 yards, 4 tds, 0 int, 67.6% completion, 10.9 YPA. It wasn't slowing for certain, don't remember if it was particularly cold, but I don't remember it as such.

He hasn't played at home in the playoffs so far. Yet he's 4-1 with a rating of 112.6.

In Chicago last year he played a bad game, and the weather and the field were really bad (worst field in the league). 0 thrown TDs 1 rushing TD 2 picks, 55.4 rate, but he has "historically" (He played them only 7 games) struggled against the Bears. But that was his worst one. He started fast on that game, though, he wasn't having problems throwing the ball in the first and second quarter...

Members online

Latest posts