Interesting article on the Pack and Moss.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
tromadz said:
Unless Randy can catch balls through receivers, I don't think it matters. Let Randy enjoy his time in New England.

Don't you mean "through defenders"?

Yup.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Now lets let this thread do what it was intended. Bash the GM who put together a team that got us 1 play away from the superbowl.

The bottom line is that TT blew this deal because he's just not good dealing with free agency....

(He was trying to be too...dare I say it...CHEAP!)

There we go. Feel better?
"Kung Pow. enter the fist" one of my all time favorite movies!!!
(Bet your not surprised!)

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Said Moss:
It was like they were telling me that they're going to take a chance on me, but if you do come here these are the things you have to work out, 'Be on your best behavior. Donald Driver is the top receiver here so don't come in there trying to step on his toes,' things like that. I didn't think that was right because my whole career things have been taken out of (context) at times, but at the end of the day all I wanted to do was win games. It's hard to win games

Randy, I'm soooooo sorry!! How could they??? OMG!!!
There was absolutely NO reason to believe, that you would continue to act
like a MeMeMeMeMe-First-Person. So telling you from the start to work out hard and be on your best behavior was, uhm, consequentially unfair.

At least there were at the very most a very few "during your whole career taken out of context (at times!!)"-reasons to believe that you would, uhm, improbably continue to act like a MeMeMeMeMe-First-Person, as you did in the past when (at times) taken out of control, uh, context.

So would you please contemplate to accept this formal apology, on my own behalf and on behalf of my family, friends, co-workers
and everyone I met today while riding my bike to work,knowing that those scars on your soul
will probably never fully heal so that we can just offer to accept full responsibility for these harsh actions from our GM.

Randy, I'm so sorry!!
:)

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares about "RANDY MOSS"!!!

Am I the only person happy this ******* is NOT on the Packers?!

Geezzz :!:

And NO!, we would not have made the Super Bowl w/Randy Moss because he is not an All Pro Run blocking guard nor can he cover Plexico Burris.

Reaction score
And NO!, we would not have made the Super Bowl w/Randy Moss because he is not an All Pro Run blocking guard nor can he cover Plexico Burris.

Well to be honest what the Packers failed to due in the Giants game is make plays, especially on offense. You could argue a playmaker like Moss would've helped in that area...

But I'm just playing devil's advocate. Personally, I'd have liked to seen Moss as a Packers before the season, but during and at the end of the season it was probably for the best that Moss did not come here.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Well to be honest what the Packers failed to due in the Giants game is make plays, especially on offense. You could argue a playmaker like Moss would've helped in that area...

But I'm just playing devil's advocate. Personally, I'd have liked to seen Moss as a Packers before the season, but during and at the end of the season it was probably for the best that Moss did not come here.

yeah, because Moss has made so many big plays in the playoffs this season.
2 catches. 32 yards. That puts him at #44 for postseason receiving yards.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So was Randy pouting and said Im not going to Gb cuz they told me Driver is the #1 wr..
No, it was the lack of respect for him. He's not some FA journeyman scrub. He's not all about the money. Some people still like to be respected as a person instead of being treated like a child.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
So was Randy pouting and said Im not going to Gb cuz they told me Driver is the #1 wr..
No, it was the lack of respect for him. He's not some FA journeyman scrub. He's not all about the money. Some people still like to be respected as a person instead of being treated like a child.

LOL all he did in Oakland was act like a child!!!

Not only that,...Respect!!! You are talking about the most disrespectfull ******* in the NFL!!!

1. Wiping *** on Goalpost at Lambeau?
2. Squirtin water on a ref
3. Driving his car into a police/security officer
4. Leaving field before game is over
5. Saying "I play when I want to"

so many more.

I am sorry I disagree and these are FACTS that back up my opinion!!!

Only a chump would defend a "BAD GUY"

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

So your saying, Randy had EVERY right for his ego to be bruised?

I dont think he was treated like a child, he was told keep your behavior in check he has had PAST history of doing some pretty bad things...( and I bet N.E told him same EXACT thing )

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No big news here. If you read between the lines, Green Bay was somewhat interested and Brett was very interested. TT and MM obviously felt that there would be risk and that the risk could easily be greater than the reward.

If they really wanted him, no reservations, the deal would have been done before NE entered the picture.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
longtimefan said:

LOL all he did in Oakland was act like a child!!!

Not only that,...Respect!!! You are talking about the most disrespectfull ******* in the NFL!!!

1. Wiping *** on Goalpost at Lambeau?
2. Squirtin water on a ref
3. Driving his car into a police/security officer
4. Leaving field before game is over
5. Saying "I play when I want to"

so many more.

I am sorry I disagree and these are FACTS that back up my opinion!!!

Only a chump would defend a "BAD GUY"
Ya went and ruined it with all this dang LOGIC!!! :lol:
Moss talks about "respect", while all he was asked to do was RESPECT the fact that DRIVER EARNED his #1 spot here. Yet he crys because he wants to be the #1 guy with the spotlight on him. And if he doesn't get it, he runs off crying. Yeah.... classy guy.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, i'm just saying. You have to treat the guy like a man. Talking about "Driver is our #1 guy and you have to fit in" is not stuff you should talk about. All that works itself out anyway. Telling a guy who has done as much as him that he has to play for incentives is insulting. If we were a winning team before the season started would be a different story. But we were unproven and nothing special before the year started

Driver is much better than welker. I'll take jennings over Stallworth, Gaffney, etc. K-Rob, Jones, Ruvel. One of the best receiving corps in nfl history right there. Brett has 55 touchdowns, Patriots go 10-6, get eliminated in the first round. Brett gets his 4th mvp and is thinking about sticking around 3 - 4 more years.

Moss wiping his but on the goal post is only outrageous to a packer fan. If he did it in Kansas City, we wouldnt even be talking about it. he walked off the field because he was frustrated. He takes soem plays off. EVERYONE TAKES PLAYS OFF. Every receiver, when they know the ball isnt coming their way will take a breather when they are dog tired and beat up. Better for him to be fresh when he is an option on the play. You think D-lineman dont take plays off? You think other guys dont??? Dont talk foolish. Of course they do.

Drivign his car into a security person? I have to believe it was an accident. Come on guys.

That being said, he's not here and not coming here. I like our receiving corp over anyone elses except the patriots for the most part.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
All that works itself out anyway. Telling a guy who has done as much as him that he has to play for incentives is insulting. .

You do know he only had a 2.5 million base but now made almost over 5 million with the insulting incentives?

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Respect. :-?
Respect for the memory of what he once did in bygone seasons?
Respect for trying to beat out TO with his antics.
Respect for his supreme performance with the Raiders.

This season he earned some respect. Which leads us to the point:
You can't demand respect, you have to earn it. And if you earned it, you
must not screw it up, because if you do that, you have to earn it again.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver is our #1, even if its only on paper. The man bleeds green and gold as much as Brett, if not more. If Moss couldn't handle THAT, then...ha...bye bye.

Also...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Man, i'm just saying. You have to treat the guy like a man. Talking about "Driver is our #1 guy and you have to fit in" is not stuff you should talk about. All that works itself out anyway. Telling a guy who has done as much as him that he has to play for incentives is insulting. If we were a winning team before the season started would be a different story. But we were unproven and nothing special before the year started

Driver is much better than welker. I'll take jennings over Stallworth, Gaffney, etc. K-Rob, Jones, Ruvel. One of the best receiving corps in nfl history right there. Brett has 55 touchdowns, Patriots go 10-6, get eliminated in the first round. Brett gets his 4th mvp and is thinking about sticking around 3 - 4 more years.

Moss wiping his but on the goal post is only outrageous to a packer fan. If he did it in Kansas City, we wouldnt even be talking about it. he walked off the field because he was frustrated. He takes soem plays off. EVERYONE TAKES PLAYS OFF. Every receiver, when they know the ball isnt coming their way will take a breather when they are dog tired and beat up. Better for him to be fresh when he is an option on the play. You think D-lineman dont take plays off? You think other guys dont??? Dont talk foolish. Of course they do.

Drivign his car into a security person? I have to believe it was an accident. Come on guys.

That being said, he's not here and not coming here. I like our receiving corp over anyone elses except the patriots for the most part.
How would being asked to RESPECT that you are the new guy, and that Driver has EARNED his position here not treating him like a man? I don't care if you were "the guy" on another team, if you are NEW here, you have to earn the respect HERE before you are treated as such.
Thats not treating him like a "child", that asking him to be a MAN and accept your position here, until you have earned more repect here.
JMO

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How would being asked to RESPECT that you are the new guy, and that Driver has EARNED his position here not treating him like a man? I don't care if you were "the guy" on another team, if you are NEW here, you have to earn the respect HERE before you are treated as such.
Thats not treating him like a "child", that asking him to be a MAN and accept your position here, until you have earned more repect here.
JMO

Well said, cheesey. I never thought Moss would be a good fit in Green Bay, and this article just confirms that.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
JMO

Well said, cheesey. I never thought Moss would be a good fit in Green Bay, and this article just confirms that.
Thanks Greg.........i was always on the fence about bringing him here. I like his talent, but his actions sometimes on, and OFF the field left me scratching my head more then once.
I think the ONLY reason he hasn't reverted to his team destroying ways is that they are winning. Now, if they LOSE the SB, i would almost expect him to blast his team. Of course if they win, he will shut up........till next year.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

That's good stuff right there.

Nothing against TT, I'm happy with our roster this year, I think everything would've been different if Moss had been here, and by no means does Moss=Packers in the SB this week.

That said, I just think that this illustrates TT's personality, and how in the case of alot of athletes, he will struggle to bring in those superstar FA types. You think Ocho Cinco is gonna want to talk about going to a small, cold town to play when the GM is talking to him about his "grill" and how his antics aren't gonna fly around here?

Nothing against him, just don't expect players to always want to come here.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
All that works itself out anyway. Telling a guy who has done as much as him that he has to play for incentives is insulting. .

You do know he only had a 2.5 million base but now made almost over 5 million with the insulting incentives?

And that 5 million was still a pay cut. He was willing to work with whoever to win.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver is our #1, even if its only on paper. The man bleeds green and gold as much as Brett, if not more. If Moss couldn't handle THAT, then...ha...bye bye.

Also...

Moss never said he couldnt handle it. He said, the packers were talking about the wrong things.

Right things = talking about winning games, playoffs, superbowl, if you show your prior form, signing with us long term after the season possibly

Wrong things = Driver is our #1, you have to play for incentives, be on your best behavior

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Moss never said he couldnt handle it. He said, the packers were talking about the wrong things.

Right things = talking about winning games, playoffs, superbowl, if you show your prior form, signing with us long term after the season possibly

Wrong things = Driver is our #1, you have to play for incentives, be on your best behavior

Although I don't regret not getting Moss any more (I did at the beginning of the season), I will say that if I were in a job interview and the interviewer was treating me like a kid, I'd walk out of the interview.

Moss has a good point. But I still think Gregorious will be a better WR than Moss within a few years, so we won't need him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Although I don't regret not getting Moss any more (I did at the beginning of the season), I will say that if I were in a job interview and the interviewer was treating me like a kid, I'd walk out of the interview.

Moss has a good point. But I still think Gregorious will be a better WR than Moss within a few years, so we won't need him.
Zombie......how was Moss treated like a kid? By being asked to not repeat his actions when he was with prevous teams? By being asked to behave himself? Had he done so and acted like a man from the start, he wouldn't have had to be told to act like a grownup. Bumping parking cops with your car, or squirting refs with water, or all the other garbage he has done has given him a track record of NEEDING someone to tell him to act like a mature human being. If I was a boss, and was looking to hire someone, and they had the record of Moss, I'd lay it on the line for him.
You think they didn't sit Koren Robinson down and have a LONG chat with him about his past, and how he needs to get his act together? Yet Robinson didn't come out crying to the media "Oh! They DISSED me! Treat me like a MAN!" No....he knew he had it coming, from his past actions. The difference is, Robison has let his ACTIONS do his talking, Moss went "WHAAA! POOR ME!!! I BE A MAN!" And to me, that shows that he really hasn't matured. He still needs to be coddled and made to feel "special".
Just my view of all of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts