Interesting article on the Pack and Moss.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang. We'd probably be sitting in no better position HAD we gotten him, but dang it anyway.

If what he says is true, I don't blame him for saying screw you to TT. I think we all know by now that he's a pretty cheap bastard when it comes to guys with high mileage. But that doesn't change the fact that we could've FREAKIN HAD HIM!!

I wanted Randy more than I've wanted someone in a long time. Thankfully, I saw "Into The Blue" after he went to NE, and Mrs. In_black, er, I mean Jessica Alba has replaced him as "PIB's Most Lusted After".

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless Randy can catch balls through receivers, I don't think it matters. Let Randy enjoy his time in New England.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless Randy can catch balls through receivers, I don't think it matters. Let Randy enjoy his time in New England.

The passive-aggressive nature of that post is nothing short of legendary. I kind of like Randy again, and I couldn't agree more. It is an interesting article either way.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I don't blame Randy, but I also don't blame Ted. It was kind of a risk and that's just who Ted is.

It worked out better for him to go to NE I think.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I did see an article a while ago talking about how Randy is actually a cousin of the guy who was in Kung Pao, so you might have a valid beef, Trom.

Really, I don't mind Moss being somewhere else, esp outside our Conference. I do still **** after him, though. Heavily.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stand by what I said after we didn't get Moss. I said this early in the season, before we knew how either of them would turn out.

In 2007 - Moss is better than Gregorious.
In 2008 - tie
In 2009 - Gregorious is better than Moss.

Enjoy being a Patriot, Randy. I'll stick with Gregorious.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't you mean "through defenders"? You're post would achieve the desired snotty tone that you are striving for if you used the correct wording...

Moss, Driver, Jennings, Robinson, & Jones....

Tell me we wouldn't be in the SB now if we had that.

The bottom line is that TT blew this deal because he's just not good dealing with free agency....

(He was trying to be too...dare I say it...CHEAP!)

I also said that we should have gotten Plaxico a few years ago and was roundly shouted down by the more "knowledgeable" Packer fans and other yahoos on the forums...

Right....looks like I was correct on that one too....

(I am a genius....)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Don't you mean "through defenders"?

Yup.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Now lets let this thread do what it was intended. Bash the GM who put together a team that got us 1 play away from the superbowl.

The bottom line is that TT blew this deal because he's just not good dealing with free agency....

(He was trying to be too...dare I say it...CHEAP!)

There we go. Feel better?

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee.

Shame you don't feel the same way about the QB who got the Pack 1 game away from the SB....

(Yes, Ted did a pretty good job this year. Too bad he blew the Moss deal though, or we'd be in the SB right now!)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee.

Shame you don't feel the same way about the QB who got the Pack 1 game away from the SB....

(Yes, Ted did a pretty good job this year. Too bad he blew the Moss deal though, or we'd be in the SB right now!)

Some feel we might have made it just as far with other QBs. Maybe a SMARTER one, even if he didn't have all the physical talents Favre does. I know that boggles your little mind.

I'm glad we have Favre though, and hope he comes back.

and yeah, 'pretty good job' by Teddy, I'd say. 8-8 to 1 play away from being in the superbowl is a 'pretty good job,' and had a smarter QB been in the game, maybe we would be in it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Gee.

I think this is one thing your wrong on..

Ted had EVERY right to tell randy he will need to behave and that Donald was the #1 wr..And for the record, people VERY close to Brett have said same thing...

Now, Randys ego probably got bruised some and decided right then and there he wasnt going to GB..Well thats not Teds fault, unless you wanted Ted to lie to Randy..

I am willing to bet NE told Randy the same exact thing bout keeping clean and he needed to be a good team mate..

Only leverage Randy had there was they didnt have a #1 wr..

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
Gee.

I think this is one thing your wrong on..

Ted had EVERY right to tell randy he will need to behave and that Donald was the #1 wr..And for the record, people VERY close to Brett have said same thing...

Now, Randys ego probably got bruised some and decided right then and there he wasnt going to GB..Well thats not Teds fault, unless you wanted Ted to lie to Randy..

I am willing to bet NE told Randy the same exact thing bout keeping clean and he needed to be a good team mate..

Only leverage Randy had there was they didnt have a #1 wr..

Longtime, get your common sense the hell out of here.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now lets let this thread do what it was intended. Bash the GM who put together a team that got us 1 play away from the superbowl.

In the words of R.P.. That is a flat out lie. I merely pulled a TOPHAT and pulled an article from somewhere else and posted it. I like TT, and I think the article speaks volumes about how he does things. Obviously, what he does works. I also like Randy Moss. If that is a TT bash so be it, but I would call it a stretch.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess that "team concept" thing was a little too much for Randy. Sounds like it just wouldn't have been a good fit, which is how I felt about it at the time.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Don't you mean "through defenders"? You're post would achieve the desired snotty tone that you are striving for if you used the correct wording...

I highly doubt TT goes after James Jones if we land Moss on a draft day deal or whatever but that's just me...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
tromadz said:

I highly doubt TT goes after James Jones if we land Moss on a draft day deal or whatever but that's just me...

Common sense.Out.Now.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the fact that we call him out on that doesnt mean we want him gone. It means we demand superb judgement at the GM position no matter who it is calling the shots back there. He set the level that high. We just want him to stick with his good ways... not revert to bad TT.....

I'm offended that you can't be critical of TT on this forum when he makes mistakes...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the fact that we call him out on that doesnt mean we want him gone. It means we demand superb judgement at the GM position no matter who it is calling the shots back there. He set the level that high. We just want him to stick with his good ways... not revert to bad TT.....

I'm offended that you can't be critical of TT on this forum when he makes mistakes...

That was almost cute, except there is no 'reverting to bad TT' because he's been awesome since day 1, building this playoff team.

What's funny is I criticize TT more than you do Brett. I guess the difference is I know both men are just that, HUMAN.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont care that Green Bay didn't get Moss, I wouldn't trade the "Fab 5" for anyone.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:

That was almost cute, except there is no 'reverting to bad TT' because he's been awesome since day 1, building this playoff team.

What's funny is I criticize TT more than you do Brett. I guess the difference is I know both men are just that, HUMAN.

That's' hysterical...and cute!

I demand to see where you criticized TT because I don't believe it!

The bad TT was in 05 and a little in 06 when he was signing guys like Gardner, Boreigter, and Taco Wallace....

Also, when he thought that Guards were expendable.....

But he did turn it around...but he's not perfect. We could use some tweaking...

When Favre makes a mistake, I admit....I just don't beat it into the ground, over and over and over again...like some do here..
:roll:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So was Randy pouting and said Im not going to Gb cuz they told me Driver is the #1 wr..

Members online

Latest posts