IMO its about time ...

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats right guys ... I think its time we start passing around some papers ,, asking for MMs job ... im tired of the attude of this looser ... it would be different if he was doing a good job ,, but he cant coach his way outta a paper bag ... so i believe we should get some sigs of packers fans ... start getting the sigs now so we can show the upper managment that somthing needs to be done ... im sure no matter what they will lett MM finish stinking up this season ,, but it never hurts to be ahead of mark murphy ... i dont want him to blind side us with another year of poptart MM running this team in the dirt .... i live in green bay ,, pay packers taxxes on everything and i also own shares in the team .... i say enough is enough ... lets get these clowns outta town ...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the idea, but sorry to say it wont work..

That was done last year with Brett and how did it work out?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My take is that TT is just as responsible as Mac for this mess, if not more so. Why is it all on Mac? Our O-line has always sucked under the current administration in terms of run-blocking, but the pass protection was decent the past few years because Clifton and Tausch were relatively healthy. This season, we've had a young guy trying to replace Tausch and Colledge basically playing out of position when he subbed for Clifton.

When you think long and hard about it, you can understand why Brett had enough of Green Bay.

OP
OP
mike bat

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey i agree ... i feel bolth are subpar at best ... i believe bolth think they are the best since sliced bread ... i also believe its easier to blame MM because he is the olny one making stupid coments in the media ... that being said ,, why not name bolth in the papers ... i mean the system wont change if you just remove the HC ,,, TT will still be trying to build through the draft ... TT still wont be willing to pick up any free agents ( i mean good free agents ) ... this team needs change .... we need leaders in upper managment ... people that are willing to get the job done ,, not just pinch pennys ... the point of this whole post .. lets be verbal ,, its time for change ... i dont wanna be blindsided by Mark M ... Mark M is friends with TT and MM ,, and i bet you money he will do what ever he can to try and keep dumb and dumber around ... so alls im saying is we need to get the point across that MM and TT have worn there welcome ... i dont care how t-shirts ,, flyers ,, hats ,, stickers ,, what ever we can do to get that message across ... if we sit here and do nothing i believe Mark M will smoth it over for TT and MM to run this team another season ...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't see the Green Bay Packers buying out close to 16 million in MM's and TT's contracts. We just signed Dom Capers to a contract and who knows if the next coach wants to run a 3-4. Then which coach are you talking about, one of the Super Bowl winners, which won't come cheap or an unproven guy coming up the ranks?

So if you buy out MM's and TT's contracts for 16 million, plus Dom Capers and staff and add the new coaches salary, you are talking about 16 to 23 million dollars turn around. Thats not going to happen, and only a 50% chance if we lose out and go 4-12.

The only thing I see happening is TT gets released. He would only cost 2 million in his contract buy out. As much as I dislike the cleaning things up freak and the break the tape down nerd, MM with a new GM who is willing to get some quality free agents in key areas would be a welcome change.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just signed Dom Capers to a contract and who knows if the next coach wants to run a 3-4. Then which coach are you talking about, one of the Super Bowl winners, which won't come cheap or an unproven guy coming up the ranks?

Capers can run any style of defense you ask - he's not strictly a 3-4 guy. I don't agree that money insures MM stays on. At some point, you can't have a toxic coach laying around and he is on his way to being that. Not respected by players, fans and now out-of-work part-time employees of the organization. If the team finishes out of the playoff hunt, he will be gone. The bigger worry for us is that the Packers get a WC birth and he stays on.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now nothing will happen. No matter what.

At the end of the season, however...

Agree. If the team continues its backslide it will just seal the deal for a change at the end of the year. But nothing will happen during the season other than more squirming by TT and MM.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now nothing will happen. No matter what.

At the end of the season, however...

Take a look: Tundra Vision: Trickle-Up Accountability

A good read. If we are 4-6 going into Thanksgiving, then I would like to see MM gone this season, no reason to keep him if you are going to release at the end of the season.

At that point I would promote Winston Moss, Capers, or even Edgar Bennett to a clearly temporary coach with possibilities. I would do this for 3 reasons.

1 - Get Green Bay out there first, with all the vet. talent in the coaching pool.
2 - At 4-6 we are clearly developing our young talent and making rooster decisions, so why would you want a coach who knows he finished, waisting our time. He is only going to do things that help him get another job, not whst is best for the team.
3 - At 4-6 the players have already discredited MM, knowing he will not be there next year. You have a coach going through the motions and players who have no reason to listen to him.

Thats where a move to Dom Capers as a temporary Head coach, knowing its temporary this season, then going back to defense coordinator next year makes some sense. Players know he will be back next year, so they will respect him and listen to him. Making a move like this only helps the Packers make this transition faster, at least protecting the defensive side of the ball with Capers incontrol with those remaining games.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good read. If we are 4-6 going into Thanksgiving, then I would like to see MM gone this season, no reason to keep him if you are going to release at the end of the season.

At that point I would promote Winston Moss, Capers, or even Edgar Bennett to a clearly temporary coach with possibilities. I would do this for 3 reasons.

1 - Get Green Bay out there first, with all the vet. talent in the coaching pool.
2 - At 4-6 we are clearly developing our young talent and making rooster decisions, so why would you want a coach who knows he finished, waisting our time. He is only going to do things that help him get another job, not whst is best for the team.
3 - At 4-6 the players have already discredited MM, knowing he will not be there next year. You have a coach going through the motions and players who have no reason to listen to him.

Thats where a move to Dom Capers as a temporary Head coach, knowing its temporary this season, then going back to defense coordinator next year makes some sense. Players know he will be back next year, so they will respect him and listen to him. Making a move like this only helps the Packers make this transition faster, at least protecting the defensive side of the ball with Capers incontrol with those remaining games.
I'm not saying I wouldn't like for McCarthy to be fired now. Because I totally agree with your point, that he would only do things to land him another job.

I'm just saying it won't happen.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If the Packers were worried about the money side of it think again...Sherman got his extension AND got fired in same year, so clearly they do not care so much about the $ as much as people think...

If this team continues the way it has been with same stupid *** mistakes and lack of fire, then Mike should be gone asap..

Ted is not going anywhere at least this year..So stop getting hopes up....

Here are a few things I have heard that are major issues...(these are not opinions, but they are from someone in the know)

MM isnt a motivator, or great communicator...Line coach doesnt teach technical parts of the game, only is a loud old school type coach....

A few players on the defense just arent smart enough to understand the defensive cheme...

Right now Ted is going to be forced to make big changes in offseason

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a bitter easier in the short term to replace the GM because in that regard, the system and coaching staff remains in place. The only thing that changes is which players are sent packing and which are brought in as new blood. Nothing knew needs to be learned by anybody.

Also, TT is cheaper than Mac and you can look at that in two ways: Some firms protect their most expensive execs and some love to deep-six them when times get rough. Usually, football teams don't much care about the contracts of management because they really pale in comparison to what you're paying guys like AJ Hawk to be PTP'ers.

I say send TT down the road first. It will be easier to transition, and really TT is the reason Favre is gone, we have no O-line and have a suspect coaching staff.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote=longtimefan;255347]If the Packers were worried about the money side of it think again...Sherman got his extension AND got fired in same year, so clearly they do not care so much about the $ as much as people think...

I would disagree with the money, there are many pro franchises right now that are cutting back and hurting. When Sherman was let go the money was flowing and everyone was thinking big, Jerry Jones had his plans for the new Stadium and thought he could sell his box seats for amazing sums of money that has simply not happen.

I am just saying times have changed, and I think 16 million swing at this stage of the game hurts.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying I wouldn't like for McCarthy to be fired now. Because I totally agree with your point, that he would only do things to land him another job.

I'm just saying it won't happen.

Ya I see your point and it bothers me. But I think Murphy and TT will consider it heavily if we go on a 3 game losing streak and then lay an egg on Thanksgiving.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers have over 120 million in reserves they can afford to drop 16 million to get back to winning ways