How long have you been a Packer fan ?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have just realized I am 37 years old, a packer fan since the age of 9 or 10,,, $hit a long time, specially if you count the early years without cable we only got 3-4 Packer games every season,,,, now it is much nicer with cable, dish tv, etc... well we even have a ******* in town where you can go and watch the game with nice beer, cold chicken wings and hot waitresses !!! Sorry I ment cold beer , hot Chicken wings and nice waitresses !!! anyway !!!

I think I can be a Packer fan for next couple hundred years !!!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a Packer fan by birth in an east side Green Bay Hospital just before the start of 1936 NFL football season which was the yaear Green Bay Packers won their 4th NFL Championship year the first NFL title with The Great Packer pass catching End Don Hutson as a member of team. I lived on east side of Green Bay just four blocks from old City Stadium until 1969 .

As to when I first remember anything about the Packers. It seems like always. I know it was before 1946 because my first recollection of Packer football was radio broadcasts of the Packer games , when only WTMJ in Milwaukee was broadcasting Packer Football. In 1946 The Packer radio network was broadcasting Packer games and new WJPG in GB was carrying the Packer broadcasts.

First time I remember seeing the Packer team was during Packer summer training practices on the practice field next to Green Bay East High School. Old City Stadium (Packer's home field from 1925 to 1956) was located right in back of East High School. Earl "Curly" Lambeau Founder, General Manager and Head Coach of Packers (1919-1949.) was "running" the Packer practices.

I Invite you take "a look see" at my PWT36 Commentary on Packerforum.com news board, which will feature Packer/NFL Historical information, as well as, Packer/ NFL topics of the day. Your comments and questions, as well as, topic suggestions for the column are welcome and will be answered by me.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Wow! I'm kind of surprised at how many "long timers" are here!
Me.......I started in 1965. (Man......i feel OLD all of the sudden!)
Hey Yooperfan........do you still have any of those old football cards? I still collect cards today! My oldest Packer card is a 1958 Bart Starr card. (His second year)

I'm about the same - right around the mid-Sixties - when I was around 10 --- you always wake up about Sports right about that age. Then, in Jr High - getting to watch the Pack win back-to-back Superbowls... had all the so-called Bears fan Experts throwin' in the towel.... Around these parts, being so close to Chicago... well you can just imagine the chatter....

I've got a few cards left after all the moves I've been thru - but my favs are the set I have from the 80's with Majik Man and his Crew. Can't seem to find any of the older ones - I'll have to look on Ebay, I guess.....

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't lie - being a lifelong Steeler fan I pretty much ignored the NFC until I married a Cheesehead in 2000. Been a fan ever since though. Only 2 pro games I've been to were Packer games.

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Wow! I'm kind of surprised at how many "long timers" are here!
Me.......I started in 1965. (Man......i feel OLD all of the sudden!)
Hey Yooperfan........do you still have any of those old football cards? I still collect cards today! My oldest Packer card is a 1958 Bart Starr card. (His second year)

Don't feel bad cheesey - I started in 65 as well (as a spry 10 yr old)

Noisey Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been a fan since 94-12 Years I never watached the game much even though I played for 7 years in school then I maried my wife in 1990, who was borne in Appleton Wiss, and even though I resisted at first I seen A game where Reggie White through a lineman up in the air and crunched the QB and from that moment I was hooked

spacecoastpkrfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since 1966. I get asked all the time why a guy from Florida is a cheesehead...well it started with Bart Starr and Vince, real class acts. I remained loyal through the tough years and have thoroughly enjoyed the Brett era (ONE MORE YEAR PLEASE !!) Class and the GBP is synonymous and the fans, the city, and 99% of the players have set the bar pretty high for the rest of the country. I saw my first game last year in Jacksonville (albeit preseason) and made my pilgrimage to Lambeau where I got to meet Donald Driver coming out of the Stadium. He's a great guy who epitomises the courage and heart of Packer Nation. GO PACK GO !!!

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I was born a Packer fan in 1974...I still remember the 80's with Lofton, Jefferson, Coffman, Ellis, ****ey, etc...

I was pretty little then but still have memories that I'll remember forever like the MNF game against the Foreskins where it turned out to be the highest scoring MNF game ever - Packers 48 Redskins 47. Oh, by the way, thanks Mark Moseley for missing the potential game-winner!!!!

Damn ND, I thought I was the only one who called them that. LOL

To make matters worse, I grew up in the DC area.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey.....i'm NOT trying to do that! I just wondered if she was still a part of this glorius state! First, i'm married, second, i'm HARMLESS!!! (Ask 4packgirl, Trippster, Heather, Packinsteel, and so on. They all know me!)
I always wonder where others on this site are from. Before i had a computer, i didn't realize there were Packer fans all OVER the world. It surprised me!
Packergirl........you don't have to answer my question, i wasn't trying to be too nosey! Just was curious. I live 95 miles from Lambeau........straight south. Been a Wisconsinite all my life!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Hey.....i'm NOT trying to do that! I just wondered if she was still a part of this glorius state! First, i'm married, second, i'm HARMLESS!!! (Ask 4packgirl, Trippster, Heather, Packinsteel, and so on. They all know me!)
I always wonder where others on this site are from. Before i had a computer, i didn't realize there were Packer fans all OVER the world. It surprised me!
Packergirl........you don't have to answer my question, i wasn't trying to be too nosey! Just was curious. I live 95 miles from Lambeau........straight south. Been a Wisconsinite all my life!

Me thinks you protest too much :p :p

You know I'm just messing with ya?

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
......since I've watched SuperBowl XXXI.
(My second game of football ever :!: My first was College Football, Minnesota @ Iowa State :gobble: . Horrible :!: I can't remember why I liked that sport, but I did.)

If you're interested in one sport you wanna root for an athlete or a team.
As you might know, the Packers are an obvious choice :!:

PackerGirl70

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
cheesey said:
Packergirl.....you still live in Wisconsin? If so, what part.....if not, what state now?

EASY Cheesey :lol: Whatever you do, don't scare her away!

It's ok......I spent the first 30 years of my life in WI. Then I lived in Las Vegas (They have a great Packer bar there) and now New York. Packer bars suck here in the Big Apple. :mug:

Members online

Latest posts