Hey yo I am new to this Forum

Outsider99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I joined this Packers Forum to discuss all things Packers, and I don't want to pay to subscribe like "The Athletic "

I've been a fan since I was pretty young. I became a mega fan when Favre threw a bomb pass to Sharpe against the Lions I believe. I was maybe 7 years old. And I still have Super Bowl 31 on VHS!
If you are too young to remember, just go watch that game. Desmond Howard returned a Kickoff and did a little strutt and Andre Rison did his thing and Freeman of course. Then Reggie did his thing. Just an awesome time to be a fan. I also went to 1 game that year.
I was loyal to Favre until I wasn't. Then I was loyal to Rodgers until now. But I can admit when I'm wrong. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much Jordan Love is progressing.
I still love Rodgers and was devastated when his season ended. But God willing we will be back next season for another run.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Outsider99!

You youngin's and your new-fangled VHS. I watch everything on a projector and a chalkboard nearby to diagram the plays! Just kidding, but you've given me a great idea to see if I can find any classic Packers games to play on my 8mm.

I was in college during the 1996 Super Bowl run. I hauled a tube television and rabbit ears to work with me so that I could watch the playoff game against the 49ers. I leapt out of my chair when Wayne Simmons popped the fullback to force a fumble return for a TD. Great times.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Outsider99

Outsider99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I love that projector reel sound. I remember in 1995 that Walmart was selling "central division championship" t-shirts and merchandise. I guess if the lions or bears win the North they might sell merchandise with it.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I love this ..."I was loyal to ***** until I wasn't. Then I was loyal to ****** until now. I felt this! And thanks for the trip down memory lane with the SB 31 recap! WHOOOHOOO...just the kind of energy we need for tonight!
As far as watching on 8mm oh my goodness, not only the sound and the flickering ...but the SMELL!
Welcome and GPG!!!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can remember helping a friend pull down a Titletown USA banner back on New Years Eve, 1961, in Green Bay, after the Championship game. It was a great weekend. The best one I've ever had, by far, in relation to football. It could never be duplicated. Although I haven't seen him in years, I'd bet a dollar to a donut he still has it, and cherishes it.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome home.
I had a bunch of regular season games fro. 1996 on VHS as well. No clue where they at now however.

You can watch the 1996 SB in full on YouTube as well for free. I must of seen it at least 10 times by now.
After the game against Detroit might even be a good idea to rewatch the 1996 or 2010 SB. You feel better about the Green&Gold.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Why... I remember being at Packers game back in Nineteen seventy and five at Lambeau Field and the whole game was in back and white...