Hero's & Zero's: Lions Edition

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone pretty much hit it with the heros. I just loved the fact that the d made reggie bush look like reggie *****.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the tackling was terrific, especially in the open field. House did whiff once on Pettigrew, but I don't recall too many other missed tackles. Lacy's running combined with our sound defense kept the Lions off the field. I think they only ran about 15 plays in the first half.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I still say the TD to jones was a rip off (ball broke the plane then he went out, how is that different than some guy diving for the pilon while going out of bounds and barely touching the ball to the pilon?)
The difference is between being a receiver and a runner. If Jones had caught the ball, clearly put both feet down before the EZ while maintaining possession, then it would have been a TD. If he had "dotted" the EZ with his second foot (as Nelson has become brilliant at) and maintained possession, it would have been a TD. I did think it was close regarding Jones having possession when his foot came down just outside the EZ - then the foot that clearly landed in the EZ would have been a TD

Another example of the difference is Calvin Johnson getting TDs erased even after he catches the ball and gets two feet down in the EZ - he has to control the ball throughout the process. OTOH as you say, a runner who stretches the ball out and touches the pylon with it, scores. Like it or not, there are different rules regarding catching the ball vs. running the ball and scoring TDs.

One of Johnson's TDs that wasn't:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heros

o-line
Eddie Lacy
Jordy Nelson
Cobb
James Jones

Mason Crosby hasn't missed this year?

Duds

MM makes me angry with his dumb play calling. He called a pass play on 3rd and 1 twice versus just trying to pick up the 1 yd running the ball at least once.

Trainers. Another hamstring injury? Wow guy's.

House. We need Casey Heyward back asap. Dumb penalties irk me