Greetings from a Hawk fan

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
BCheezy said:
You don't fear the guy who came in 2nd in sacks?

Kearney is a great player, probably the best player on your defense, but Tauscher has gone up against some pretty good LEs this season in Strahan and Peppers and has given up one sack and something like 5 pressures to those guys combined (and the one sack may have been someone else's fault) so that matchup doesn't look as one-sided as many think.

Tauscher gets criticized for looking unathletic and having short arms, but all he does is block people (and without help for the most part). That and the matchup of KGB vs. Jones (who has owned KGB in the past) are the two I'm most looking forward to watching.

Walter Jones manhandled KGB in last year's game at Seattle, and I'm not expecting much different on Saturday. KGB has been a non-factor since his injury. I hope I'm wrong about this.

I agree about Tauscher. He should handle Kerney as long as his ankle is okay. Tauscher is one of the better RT's in the league, and usually, good blockers get the better of good pass rushers.

I think we see alot of Jenkins in this game with KGB snaps limited a bit more.

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not when 10.5 of his 14.5 sacks came in home games. And of his 4 road sacks, three were against the Rams, who had just about the worst o-line in football this season due to injuries.

Check it.

PappyVanWinkle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kerney made his bones on the weak NFC West, and at home. We get about double the QB pressure (sacks, hurries, whatever) at home, so it will be a pleasant surprise (for Hawk fans) if our front four is able to pressure #4, and even more so if we hear Kerney's name all day long.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kerney made his bones on the weak NFC West, and at home. We get about double the QB pressure (sacks, hurries, whatever) at home, so it will be a pleasant surprise (for Hawk fans) if our front four is able to pressure #4, and even more so if we hear Kerney's name all day long.
If they do get pressure you know brett will start getting getting rid of the ball quick and just let the receivers get that yac. They are kinda good at that.

PappyVanWinkle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PappyVanWinkle said:
If they do get pressure you know brett will start getting getting rid of the ball quick and just let the receivers get that yac. They are kinda good at that.

Yeah, well, that was kind of my next thought; that simply pressuring #4 isn't always enough, knocking him down isn't always enough, hell, even making him have a bad game on his own hasn't always been enough. We will see I suppose.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fvre4mvp said:
PappyVanWinkle said:

Yeah, well, that was kind of my next thought; that simply pressuring #4 isn't always enough, knocking him down isn't always enough, hell, even making him have a bad game on his own hasn't always been enough. We will see I suppose.

You're right. What you really need to do is get out to an early lead and sit back and play coverage. Brett has a tendency to get frustrated when this happens and starts forcing things, which often leads to turnovers.

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pappy - Just to let you know, if you guys win, I'll be rooting for your team in the Championship Game.

I HATE the Cowboys. One thing wrong with the English language is there's not a stronger word than hate. Loathe? Despise? Not strong enough to convey my dislike for that evil team. :twisted:
Same here. If the Pack win Saturday, I will root for them to beat either Dallas OR NY. I hate em both! I want Seattle to beat GB so bad its not even funny. But IF WE LOSE....I wanna see Favre hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see Cowboys get embarassed. I want to see T.O. blow up. I want to see Romo and Jessica rode out of town on a rail. I want...... I want....

Never mind.

I just want Greenbay to make a trip to the Superbowl. I think our chances are extremely good. But... If by some strange twist of fate it doesn't happen then I guess I can cheer on the Hawks. I will hate them for about a week then I'll get over it. I kind of like Hass.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
Pappy - Just to let you know, if you guys win, I'll be rooting for your team in the Championship Game.

I HATE the Cowboys. One thing wrong with the English language is there's not a stronger word than hate. Loathe? Despise? Not strong enough to convey my dislike for that evil team. :twisted:
Same here. If the Pack win Saturday, I will root for them to beat either Dallas OR NY. I hate em both! I want Seattle to beat GB so bad its not even funny. But IF WE LOSE....I wanna see Favre hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

If the Packers lose, I wanna see the colts win 8)

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
Zombieslayer said:

If the Packers lose, I wanna see the colts win 8)

Enough of this "if the packers lose..." crap. We're gonna win and that's that.

HawkBeliever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett has a tendency to get frustrated when this happens and starts forcing things, which often leads to turnovers.

Man, thats also an uncanny description of Hasselbeck.

HawkBeliever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, makes you wonder where he might have learned that...

:) Well, I am hoping that the grasshopper might out do the master this weekend. It would be one of those bittersweet rites of passage, like when a son beats his dad in a basketball game for the first time... Heres to hoping...

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HawkBeliever said:
TOPackerFan said:
Brett has a tendency to get frustrated when this happens and starts forcing things, which often leads to turnovers.

Man, thats also an uncanny description of Hasselbeck.

Yeah, makes you wonder where he might have learned that...

That being said, they're both fantastic starting QB's in a league where 75% of teams are searching for "their guy" every offseason. Both guys have been asked to carry the load, Brett at the beginning of the season, and Matt at the end of the season. I have the utmost respect for both of these quarterbacks, they're both stand-up guys, and they're both the most important player to their respective teams.

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawks lead the league in fewest missed takles. Un-official stat..I know. But still something to ponder. We also have a very good trio of LB's which should take away a little of that shallow zone that Brett and co. have utilized very well this season.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Un-official stat. We have the most broken tackles by a punter, and pull the most people out of the pile by their legs.

PappyVanWinkle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
Hawks lead the league in fewest missed takles. Un-official stat..I know. But still something to ponder. We also have a very good trio of LB's which should take away a little of that shallow zone that Brett and co. have utilized very well this season.

Hey, it might be unoffical, but for many players, making a tackle is like hittting a mid range jumper; some of them are good at it, some can't do it at all, and some pass on it to go for the slam dunk and either make SportsCenter or get blocked by the rim...and still make SportsCenter.

Reaction score
You don't usually get a lot of local TV/Radio stations covering the Packers up here in Toronto, but this week quite a few people have been talking about the Seahawks/Packers game. Mainly because a lot of people think this is the game where the underdog will win.

There is a local radio host by the name of Bob McCown ripped the Packers. I mean TOTALLY ripped them. He said the Packers had little talent, and the only way they got to 13-3 was by marginal players having career years.

Talk about ripping the Packers, most people here seem to think the Packers are the worst team to ever qualify for the playoffs.

PappyVanWinkle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
You don't usually get a lot of local TV/Radio stations covering the Packers up here in Toronto, but this week quite a few people have been talking about the Seahawks/Packers game. Mainly because a lot of people think this is the game where the underdog will win.

There is a local radio host by the name of Bob McCown ripped the Packers. I mean TOTALLY ripped them. He said the Packers had little talent, and the only way they got to 13-3 was by marginal players having career years.

Talk about ripping the Packers, most people here seem to think the Packers are the worst team to ever qualify for the playoffs.

No offense, but you are listening to a Canadian sports guy, saying ANYTHING about AMERICAN Football? Tell him to go watch Curling or something.

Reaction score
No offense, but you are listening to a Canadian sports guy, saying ANYTHING about AMERICAN Football? Tell him to go watch Curling or something.

:lol:

Hey, it was during rush hour while I was driving. The only other stations that were viable options were the news or hockey. Seeing as I wasn't interested in listening to the news at that time, and the Maple Leafs get covered every day in Toronto, listening to that guy was the best choice.

Quite honestly, I was surprised. He seemed pissed, as if he was cut by the Packers.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Should I fear someone whose highlights all come against offenses led by Alex Smith, Kurt Warner, and Marc Bulger?

Maybe I should be scared of mediocrity.

Members online

Latest posts