Greetings from a Hawk fan

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
Seattle not winning the Super Bowl with Holmgren > Seattle not winning the Super Bowl with Erickson
LOL. Seahawks didn't have an ice cream cone's chance in hell of winning a SB with Erickson!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
Whats up Cheese heads!
Im obviously new here. I come in peace. Just looking for some intelligent football talk. Talking with Redskin fans last week was just down right painfull! They bashed our 12th man like there was no tomorow and dubbed every Seahawk fan "ignorant" for being over the whole Sean Taylor thing. They beat him over our head the whole week and guaranteed victory with him looking down over them. Basically discredited our home field advantage completely!
I have a good feeling about you guys though. Hopefully you guys can give me some real reasons why you feel optimistic for the game Saturday. I too feel optimistic about my Hawks coming into vaunted Lambeau Field! Our defense has been stellar lately. Have you guys heard anything up there of Pat Kerney this season? Dude, is a MACHINE! The Pack will have to game plan for him. Washington had him triple teamed last week and he still got pressure on Collins!
Getting pressure on Lord Farve will be our main focus. If we can get him moving around in the pocket and hopefully get him to be the "gun slinger" that we all know, we may be able to get a pick or two! This game will come down to turnovers. Whoever has less...wins. What do you think? 8)

Hello and welcome!

I've always been seen as one who sees things through Green and Gold lenses, but if I had to look at things realistically, I'll look for mismatches that favor you.

right now, our RT Tauscher is hurt. He's a dang good one and if he finishes his career with less than two Pro Bowls, I'll be disappointed. He'll go up against your Kerney, who deservedly earned the sack title this year. Kerney is quite good.

Because of Kerney, when our big-5 will be on the field, Favre will only be doing a 3-step drop and release. You won't see us throw more than 10-12 yards when the big-5 is on the field. Is that a big deal? Well, hard to say.

We might go with 4 WRs and keep Bubba Franks to double team on Kerney, depending on how Tauscher handles him. MM (our affectionate name for our Coach) makes really fast adjustments, depending on how he sees the game going. Or we might chip him with a RB.

I have heard your LBs are good in coverage, which sucks for us because Favre loves taking a few good shots up the middle to Donald Lee each game. Lee is quite good, and I could honestly see him developing into a Pro Bowl TE.

Despite stats, our running game is solid. If I'm not mistaken, from the 2nd half of the season on, we're #2 in rushing yards. We just started slow because we couldn't figure out how to get our zone blocking system to work right and we also couldn't figure out that Ryan Grant was our best RB by far.

You'll have your hands full. Our O is so full of weapons. My biggest concern surprisingly is not Kerney, but your takeaways. You guys are good at those. If you're going to beat us, you'll beat us by takeaways.

Honestly, if we don't turn the ball over, it will be a long day for you. Our D is underrated, allowing exactly the same number of points that you allowed. And we've scored I think something like 5 TDs on Special Teams, so that's another thing you'll have to worry about.

May both teams have no injuries.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HA HA HA,,,,

Sorry hawks fan,...you wont have your pre-fabricated stadium designed to made it loud (how gay is that?!) in addition to the lame 12th man "tradition" (dont make me friggin laugh) that was stolen and paid for to Texas A&M. The Seagulls are a fraud...All the money in the world (which Paul Allen owns a majority of) has earned any respect from me YET as far as football tradition goes. The seahawks can steal our coaches and front office personel but you will have to EARN respect.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
Ok. This might be a sensative subject to some of you, but.....
If the Packers lose this Saturday....Would you consider this season a success? If not, what would be a success?
I mean, before the season nobody really gave the Pack a chance with the big bad Bears in your division. Some might have predicted a WC berth but did anyone really think the Pack would go 13-3?

As for my expectations for my team....Losing this game Saturday would be an unsuccessful season. Before the season started I looked at the NFC West and saw no real threat. I figured we would get at least 1 home playoff game, and would win that game easily. With the playoff tested veterans on our team I figured we could make the NFC title game.

So how do you all feel?

No. It will be a failure. We're not supposed to lose playoff games at home, even if we went 9-7. Nothing against the Seahawks. I'd say the same thing if anyone else was our opponent at home. We didn't lose a playoff game at home until this decade, and that first one was really, really painful for us fans.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the original post about turnovers which I just mentioned in another post. It is about capitalizing on those turnovers for these teams that will be key. I recall last time we met the Seahawks and they gave us a couple early on and we couldn't get points out of it. I have more faith in our offense this time around though.

I was surprised watching the Seahawk game last week just how much immobile Collins really was for the Redskins. He just hung around in there and you can't do that with the Seahawks because they are a real fast and opportunistic defense. What I like about the Packer match up is that we are better at extending plays and getting the ball out quickly. That is also the type of offense the hawks take pride in (west coast baby!) so this will be a good match up to see which lines dominate. I am hoping our lines win those battles up front.

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HA HA HA,,,,

Sorry hawks fan,...you wont have your pre-fabricated stadium designed to made it loud (how gay is that?!) in addition to the lame 12th man "tradition" (dont make me friggin laugh) that was stolen and paid for to Texas A&M. The Seagulls are a fraud...All the money in the world (which Paul Allen owns a majority of) has earned any respect from me YET as far as football tradition goes. The seahawks can steal our coaches and front office personel but you will have to EARN respect.
So what your sayin is.....You like the Hawks Saturday?
LOL. You made absolutly NO POINT whatsoever! Just a lame attempt to talk smack in a forum that does not allow it. LOL! Nice try though. :wink:

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, if we don't turn the ball over, it will be a long day for you. Our D is underrated, allowing exactly the same number of points that you allowed. And we've scored I think something like 5 TDs on Special Teams, so that's another thing you'll have to worry about.

I totally agree with you on the turnovers. If we have none and we dont pressure Favre....I dont see us winning.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
HA HA HA,,,,

So what your sayin is.....You like the Hawks Saturday?
LOL. You made absolutly NO POINT whatsoever! Just a lame attempt to talk smack in a forum that does not allow it. LOL! Nice try though. :wink:

Not Smack...just how I feel

OK then...what makes you proud to be a Hawk fan?

BCheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:

I totally agree with you on the turnovers. If we have none and we dont pressure Favre....I dont see us winning.
There could be around 6-8 sacks total in this game. Nuts.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I apologise to the forum for not being to hospitable to our seahawk loving friend. I have been a packer fan for a long time,...way before Favre and Holmgren. Forgive my old ***. I waited decades for a great team to be built and as soon as it was some rich ***** felt compeled to throw tons of $$$$$ at my beloved team and tear it down as fast as it was built. I cannot blame Holmgren and the rest of the people who left to chase all that money thrown at them since they had a great chance to take care of their families forever. But I will NEVER kiss the *** of the the seahawks and their piliging of the Packer organization.

So some here may feel the Seahawks are welcome....forgive me for just wanting to kick their rich, poser *****.

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK then...what makes you proud to be a Hawk fan?
Other than the fact Ive been one my whole life?
Im sure its the same reason why you're proud to be a Packer fan.

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I apologise to the forum for not being to hospitable to our seahawk loving friend.
Hell, I dont care! Im not looking for hospitable. You can be down right rude as long as you make a good point.

BCheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I apologise to the forum for not being to hospitable to our seahawk loving friend. I have been a packer fan for a long time,...way before Favre and Holmgren. Forgive my old ***. I waited decades for a great team to be built and as soon as it was some rich ***** felt compeled to throw tons of $$$$$ at my beloved team and tear it down as fast as it was built. I cannot blame Holmgren and the rest of the people who left to chase all that money thrown at them since they had a great chance to take care of their families forever. But I will NEVER kiss the *** of the the seahawks and their piliging of the Packer organization.

So some here may feel the Seahawks are welcome....forgive me for just wanting to kick their rich, poser *****.

You make it sound like we stole Hasselbeck and Holmgren. What if I want to kick YOUR poser *** for having Ahman Green as your runningback for many years? Players come and go. We decided Ahman Green wasn't good enough for us and you parted ways with Hasselbeck and Holmgren. What ever happened to rooting for former teammates?

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
I apologise to the forum for not being to hospitable to our seahawk loving friend.
Hell, I dont care! Im not looking for hospitable. You can be down right rude as long as you make a good point.

I was not speaking to you, only to my fellow packer fans,...

Good Day

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jhensiak said:

You make it sound like we stole Hasselbeck and Holmgren. What if I want to kick YOUR poser *** for having Ahman Green as your runningback for many years? Players come and go. We decided Ahman Green wasn't good enough for us and you parted ways with Hasselbeck and Holmgren. What ever happened to rooting for former teammates?

Very myopic of you. There is a big difference between pilliging an organization and doing a trade,...get your facts straight

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Seahawks fans are what they are... Trolls! WHY else would they come over to this board? NOT looking to flame? How many times have we heard that from fans that come over right before we play their team? And they ALL flame.

Don't EVER apologize for calling a troll a troll.

BCheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jhensiak said:

Seahawks fans are what they are... Trolls! WHY else would they come over to this board? NOT looking to flame? How many times have we heard that from fans that come over right before we play their team? And they ALL flame.

Pregame trolling isn't like regular trolling. On the Seahawks board, we welcome fans of the team of our next upcoming opponent. Whats the fun of just talking to your own fanbase all day? You have to mix it up, bro.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
jhensiak said:

Pregame trolling isn't like regular trolling. On the Seahawks board, we welcome fans of the team of our next upcoming opponent. Whats the fun of just talking to your own fanbase all day? You have to mix it up, bro.

I am glad I was able to help you find out about yourself.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
jhensiak said:

I doubt anybody cares about the Seahawks enough to visit your boards,....in fact, I bet if the Seahawks were disbanded nobody in the NFL universe would even notice,...let alone care!

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jhensiak said:

If you think I signed up just to talk s***, then you are mistaken. I said in my first post, that I just wanted to talk football with one of the few fan bases that I actually have a little respect for. It seems like you want us to start something. Most Hawk fans that Ive seen on this site have been just as nice until someone calls them out.
Just like BCheezy, we welcome all enemy fans before games. Is there something wrong with that?

OP
OP
F

F-12CHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt anybody cares about the Seahawks enough to visit your boards,....in fact, I bet if the Seahawks were disbanded nobody in the NFL universe would even notice,...let alone care!
LOL! Your have a good sense of humor :D

BCheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Hawk, are you from a different Hawk site than me? I assumed you came from the huddle.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-12CHawk said:
LOL! Your have a good sense of humor :D

It is Funny because it might just be true :rotflmao: