Green Bay Packers Free Agents thread

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reports from Minnyhaha now have Jones close to a deal with the Vikes. He had trouble catching a perfectly thrown ball from Rodgers. Wonder how he will do with those low and behind him throws from McDone.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reports from Minnyhaha now have Jones close to a deal with the Vikes. He had trouble catching a perfectly thrown ball from Rodgers. Wonder how he will do with those low and behind him throws from McDone.

I think I've only seen him drop passes that are right in his breadbasket. He always seems to scoop the low throws right off of the turf so they might actually work well together.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also,DL Stephen Bowen has signed a 5 year-$27.5 million with $12.5 guaranteed, contract with the Skins. That would seem to take them out of the Jenkins sweepstakes not that I think he will return to GB.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Lol! It's like when I grew up. I always had to wear my big brother's hand me downs. The Vikings are always going after Packer hand me downs.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I've only seen him drop passes that are right in his breadbasket. He always seems to scoop the low throws right off of the turf so they might actually work well together.
It's a concentration issue. The though ones he has to stop and think about the catch, so he makes them, he has good hands.

But the easy ones he's thinking about running even before he makes the catch, which often results in stupid drops.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrell and Poppinga have been waived. Ted will probably bring Harrell back and stash him on injured reserve for another two years. :taunt:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a concentration issue. The though ones he has to stop and think about the catch, so he makes them, he has good hands.

But the easy ones he's thinking about running even before he makes the catch, which often results in stupid drops.
The great Sterling Sharpe had a problem with easy drops early in his career.

How much did the Queens give Jones?

Stephen Bowen, with $27 million to the Redskins ($12.5m guaranteed).... that guy is my next door neighbor. Not for long.... for sale sign gonna go up real fast.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Jenkins go to the Texans, but they probably can't afford him while they're making a run at Asomugha.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure the Jones thing with the Vikes is a done deal. Silence since the report this am. Hopefully the talks are falling apart.

No I don't want to see Jenkins with the Cowpukes.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if Colledge, Jenkins and Jones leave and Barnett,Poppinga and Harrell were cut doesn't that actually leave a decent chunk of money to spend if need be?

VBJunkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrell and Poppinga have been waived. Ted will probably bring Harrell back and stash him on injured reserve for another two years. :taunt:

The @packers have informed Brady Poppinga and Justin Harrell that they are being released.

@sportnsound I just see Harrell and Poppinga listed there, as I Tweeted.

https://twitter.com/#!/jasonjwilde

I don't think Harrell is back unless we have a rash of injuries and nobody in the PS. Same thing with Poppinga.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if Colledge, Jenkins and Jones leave and Barnett,Poppinga and Harrell were cut doesn't that actually leave a decent chunk of money to spend if need be?

See, my question is with that salary cap rule. Don't teams have to spend 99% of their cap each season? I can't believe our cap situation is that bad this season where all those guys leave and we're not with 99%.

I'm not sure how that 99% rule works though.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The @packers have informed Brady Poppinga and Justin Harrell that they are being released.

@sportnsound I just see Harrell and Poppinga listed there, as I Tweeted.

https://twitter.com/#!/jasonjwilde

I don't think Harrell is back unless we have a rash of injuries and nobody in the PS. Same thing with Poppinga.

Yeah I posted all that. Just kidding about Harrell. But reports are he reinjured himself leaving Lambeau Field today.:grin2:

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You need to spend 90% not 99% of the cap. But yeah I wouldn't mind grabbing a veteran OG. We're pretty much set at all other positions to compete against our NFC rivals.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears just traded Greg Olsen, maybe the only guy on the whole offense that scared me when we played them. They might be losing Olin Kruetz too.

They lose both those guys and don't make some significant signing I think they might finish last.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Jackson is now a Cleveland Brown and Darryn College is an Arizona Cardinal.

Houston is no longer in the Scrabble sweepstakes, signing Jonathan Joseph this evening. This might free up some cash for a run at Jenkins, though there are a ton of teams who are interested.

GB might be trying to retain Matt Wilhelm as word surfaced that ILB Brandon Chillar apparently has a serious hamstring injury. Not sure if this information was known or not when they made the decision to cut Nick Barnett.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. I believe they already have Montario Hardesty coming back from injury to go with Peyton Hillis?

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Jackson
Jason Spitz
Daryn Colledge
Nick Barnett
Brady Poppinga
Justin Harrell
Brandon Chillar (injured)
James Jones?
Cullen Jenkins?
Mark Tauscher?
John Kuhn?

Ouch. I hope we have $ to at least extend some of the guys we have now like Clay Matthews. I will say I'd probably get rid of all these guys too (though I really like Kuhn but can't blame them if they part).

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is alot of turnover. I hope a few new faces come in to pick up the slack with all this money. I would prefer these new faces be capable of playing o-line. There is also no reason they can't go and get Barnett back at a better rate seeing as Chillar is hurt yet again.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only 2 I see staying on that list are Jones and Kuhn. There is a pretty big market for Jenkins right now with a few teams throwing figures at him. But as usual we have no idea what TT is doing till its done so he could be whispering sweet nothings in his ear right now.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts