Green Bay Packers Edgar Bennett named receivers coach

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are doing a lot of shifting, we'll see a realignment of the coaching staff.. I just hope they don't mix it up too much..

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edgar knows the game, he'll be fine. They moved Fontenot from the o-line coaching, so I hope they add someone with z-blocking expertise to replace him. The name Jagodzinski comes to mind.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bennett is a great choice. He has done an outstanding job with the RBs and his hard work will translate to success at WR coach too. Beside in his day, he caught one of the prettiest passes that I think that I've ever witnessed from a Packer player...totally stretched out, flying through the air the last 5 yards, diving catch. Unfortunately I don't remember the opponent...just remember being amazed that a RB had just made that kind of catch:)

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just seems weird that a RB is now in charge of the WRs instead of the RBs. Good for him though. Nice guy.

That was my first reaction as well. So I guess it's a promotion?

I've never coached football so I really don't know how different it is to coach WR's vs RB's but I'd love to know.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was my first reaction as well. So I guess it's a promotion?

I've never coached football so I really don't know how different it is to coach WR's vs RB's but I'd love to know.

I guess to get him well versed in the offense so he can get a coordinator job eventually. Just hope its not a complete failure. But really these guys are vets and talented, its not like a group of kids he is teaching so I think well be fine.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a related story: Brett Favre has been named the new Green Bay Packers Quarter Backs coach.
"I'm really looking forward to working with Aaron." Favre said in a news conference, just before he broke down in tears. "I will get to share with him even more of my wisdom that I gave him when he was my back up those few years ago."
When asked why he accepted the role Favre replied "Because I now know that this is the only way I can get another Super Bowl ring. And besides, I figured some folks out there miss me."
Later when Rodgers took the podium the first question was asked of any discussions that went on between him and Favre earlier in the day.
"Favre told me that I should always throw across my body while running in the opposite direction and just throw the ball up there hoping for the best. Having a 70% chance of one of our guys catching it is better than 0 and I agree. Don't throw it to the open receiver near the sideline. Don't try running or just take a knee if in field goal range. Because it's Detroit man, not the Super Bowl!"
Rodgers was also asked if his work ethic will change.
"Oh absolutely. Favre told me that he won't show up until training camp 2 days before it ends and he told me that I could show up then to. You know, just to relax and take it easy in the Chico sun and everything will be fine. I mean, I just won the Super Bowl for us. One should be enough. And he also told me to wait at the airport when I come back for training camp and that Mike will come out and pick me up and drive me to camp."
When asked about anything else Favre told him, with a sly smile Rodgers replied "Yeah. He gave me some numbers of a few good looking girls. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and leave some voice mails for them."

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
In a related story: Brett Favre has been named the new Green Bay Packers Quarter Backs coach.
"I'm really looking forward to working with Aaron." Favre said in a news conference, just before he broke down in tears. "I will get to share with him even more of my wisdom that I gave him when he was my back up those few years ago."
When asked why he accepted the role Favre replied "Because I now know that this is the only way I can get another Super Bowl ring. And besides, I figured some folks out there miss me."
Later when Rodgers took the podium the first question was asked of any discussions that went on between him and Favre earlier in the day.
"Favre told me that I should always throw across my body while running in the opposite direction and just throw the ball up there hoping for the best. Having a 70% chance of one of our guys catching it is better than 0 and I agree. Don't throw it to the open receiver near the sideline. Don't try running or just take a knee if in field goal range. Because it's Detroit man, not the Super Bowl!"
Rodgers was also asked if his work ethic will change.
"Oh absolutely. Favre told me that he won't show up until training camp 2 days before it ends and he told me that I could show up then to. You know, just to relax and take it easy in the Chico sun and everything will be fine. I mean, I just won the Super Bowl for us. One should be enough. And he also told me to wait at the airport when I come back for training camp and that Mike will come out and pick me up and drive me to camp."
When asked about anything else Favre told him, with a sly smile Rodgers replied "Yeah. He gave me some numbers of a few good looking girls. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and leave some voice mails for them."

LOL!

And FF is off to a fast start in the 2011 Funniest Poster contest!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I guess to get him well versed in the offense so he can get a coordinator job eventually. Just hope its not a complete failure. But really these guys are vets and talented, its not like a group of kids he is teaching so I think well be fine.

I read that McCarthy said his old playing position doesn't necessarily translate to his ability to coach a different position. He went on to say that he himself played TE in college but ended up coaching QBs in the NFL and did it with a fair amount of success.

But at first glance this shift is a head scratcher.