Giants were NOT a better team

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But they DID outplay the Packers tonight. Any other day, I would still believe the Packers win the game.

Congratulations to the Giants and hope you play well in the Superbowl.

Favre is NOT to blame for the loss. The Packers let their immaturity as a football team show tonight, the way they played with almost no intensity and/or cohesion.

Wel,l onto the offseason and the usual should brett retire debate, the draft and the warmer weather...

ONe more thing, I guess we know what classy bear fans post like..?!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck to the Giants, they played better than us today. Plain and simple.

* Edited by AADP - This wasn't directed at you Obi1, but the Giants fan who was flaming.

Reaction score
You know, I think it says something that we played like we did against the Eagles, and still had the game for the taking in OT.

Terrible execution, yet we were still in the game.

I do agree with you Obi1, I would say the Packers have better talent 1-53, but the Giants executed much better than our team. They deserved to win.

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you sit behind your computer screen and talk like a big man every time your team wins a game? Take the "stop whining" and shove it up your ****.

Good luck to the Giants, they played better than us today. Plain and simple.

Thanks ND, but I think this thread's a bit messed up...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
That Lord Farve stuff ticks me off. I'm a GB fan, but that is going too far and is just dumb. He is a good football player, not GOD.

And Yes, he tends to push too hard sometimes and cost us the game. Live by Farve, die by Farve. I think that pick was a bad throw due to the cold weather, not a Evil farve forcing it into triple coverage. He did do that twice I'll admit.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree one hundred percent. The Giants were a better team tonight. GB did not deserve to win and the right team (for tonight) won.

I hope the hardcore fans will still rep there Packer's gear and stay in the forum to discuss our offseason plans...

go pack

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wife is heating up the beef fajitas I marinated this morning.

The beer is cold.

The Packers had a good season. We need to upgrade our OL. We cannot expect to win playoff games when we can only get 28 yards total rushing. I wouldn't put the blame on Grant. He fought tooth and nail for each of his 29 yards, but man, he had one hole the whole game.

Driver was fantastic. It's just a shame that Driver's best game of the year was a loss.

Everyone who is upset and calling for someone's head, take a chill pill. Everything will be ok.

I know one young girl who has cancer. Beat it once, but she got it again. A co-worker of my wife's just lost both of her breasts. Be glad of this season. There are bigger things in life than football, and this is coming from a guy with Packer stuff everywhere.

Tell your family you love them tonight. Spend some time with your family and friends.

We'll be better next year.

V

Vikeman

That Lord Farve stuff ticks me off. I'm a GB fan, but that is going too far and is just dumb. He is a good football player, not GOD.

And Yes, he tends to push too hard sometimes and cost us the game. Live by Farve, die by Farve. I think that pick was a bad throw due to the cold weather, not a Evil farve forcing it into triple coverage. He did do that twice I'll admit.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Vikeman, that was in response to a post that was deleted for your info. So go eat a brat.

romohater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good game guys. I don't think I posted anything here before the game. I was sent in this direction by some cool GB fans on the NY boards, but lost my hard drive a few days ago and have been out of touch. Just wanted to say good game, good season, and we will see you next year.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that's odd....This thread looks like it may have been chopped down a bit. Doesn't look like I missed much though. Thanks mods for fixing it for me before I came here.

I think the Giants played better in the cold than we did. Brett looked a bit uncomfortable in the frigid conditions again.(maybe age) I think once you get older it's harder to handle the really frigid conditions. If it were 20 degrees warmer I think we would have done great out there and came away with a win. What counts is staying tough throughout the play offs. Giants did that better than we did. Eli is a bit of a dufus but he and his team handled the cold better than we did. Giants were better than us this game.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But they DID outplay the Packers tonight. Any other day, I would still believe the Packers win the game.

Favre is NOT to blame for the loss. The Packers let their immaturity as a football team show tonight, the way they played with almost no intensity and/or cohesion.

Wel,l onto the offseason and the usual should brett retire debate, the draft and the warmer weather...

1) Favre played like an old man last night. He played like he had no interest in being out there. I love the guy, and although he is one of the games great players, he's not the best there is. I cannot imagine Ray Nitchke playing like he was cold.
2) The young linemen, just didn't play well on either side of the ball and when you lose that battle you lose the game. The fact that we went to overtime and lost by 3 is surprising when you look at how the Giants dominated the game.
3) Coaching was a big disappointment. We didn't make adjustments and we got away from what got us to 14-3. You have to play better than that.
4) Where were our linebackers last night.
5) Our bend but don't break defense broke.
6) We have five really fine receivers, how many times did we throw to those guys?

That's why we lost the game.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

1) Favre played like an old man last night. He played like he had no interest in being out there. I love the guy, and although he is one of the games great players, he's not the best there is. I cannot imagine Ray Nitchke playing like he was cold.
2) The young linemen, just didn't play well on either side of the ball and when you lose that battle you lose the game. The fact that we went to overtime and lost by 3 is surprising when you look at how the Giants dominated the game.
3) Coaching was a big disappointment. We didn't make adjustments and we got away from what got us to 14-3. You have to play better than that.
4) Where were our linebackers last night.
5) Our bend but don't break defense broke.
6) We have five really fine receivers, how many times did we throw to those guys?

That's why we lost the game.

Excellent summary of the game.

To me, it kind of felt like GIANTS controlled a good portion of the game. Yet, the fumble on that punt on the end, if GB cleanly picks up the ball, that is 7 points.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I will show you:

Urlacher is the best.
Urlacher is the best.
Urlacher is the best.
Urlacher is the best.

Congrats on a fine season, Cheedar Heads! 13-3 regular season is Excellent. Conf Champ game is very good.

Urlacher is the best.
Urlacher is the best.
Urlacher is the best.
Urlacher is the best.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game, and I just got back home and have to go to work in about fifteen minutes. No fun.

The Giants controlled the line of scrimmage, for the most part, and surprisingly won more than their share of matchups in the secondary on both sides of the ball. I tip my hat to them. The Packers need more consistent run blocking from the OL. I'm not sure if they need new players, though. Sometimes it takes offensive linemen a few years to develop. On defense, it's hard to point the finger at any one unit. Al Harris got owned by Plaxico Burress, which I was not expecting at all, but other than that, they just got outplayed by the Giants' offense. It was a great season, although unfortunately, it ended with a missed opportunity.

I would feel even worse if the Packers had played well and lost the game on some sort of fluke play, but the fact is that they got outplayed, plain and simple.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We definitely were outplayed yesterday. I wanted to win but we definitely didnt deserve to win. Every break went our way it seemed. Missed field goals, fluke fumbles, penalties called back touchdowns, drops by the Giants. We still couldnt capitalize. The weather gave the Giants an edge but i have to say, Eli played very well in the cold weather so i'm not even sure about that. It just wasnt our day. The home field disadvantage really hurt us. I'm not sure what we need to improve on to push us over the hump not only vs the Giants & Cowboys but some of the other AFC teams as well. All in all, i never expected us to even make the playoffs at the start of the year. This was a great season for us and it was the most enjoyable Packer season for me since 1996/1997. Hopefully with another year of experience, our younger guys can improve once again. I'd like to see us bring in a big time linebacker like Briggs and maybe get a probowl replacement for Collins. Our cornerbacks are great but they need a little help when going up vs great receivers like Moss/T.O., Burress, etc.

I'm from New York so GO GIANTS !!!! in the superbowl.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I would feel even worse if the Packers had played well and lost the game on some sort of fluke play, but the fact is that they got outplayed, plain and simple.

I think that is one reason why I'm able to handle the loss. We got beat fair and square. Although I have to admit waking up today, it did hurt a bit more then yesterday. Seems bump and run just doesn't work against top tier teams that well with the crippling NFL rules.

It was a kick *** season for a young team and I think we should do just fine next year if we have a good draft and pick up a few good free agents. This team to could easily be contending for the SB next year.

A SB ring would be nice, but a winning season and an exciting post season. What more can you really ask for!? It was a blast watching the Pack this season.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I think both teams let the other team off the hook too many times this game. The Giants missing key field goals down the stretch. The Packers with two missed fumble opportunities (the one that went out of bounds they had no chance) on the 1 yard line and right at the end. Some costly stupid penalties by both teams. The game could have went either way, and unfortunately as a Pack fan they made better on the mistakes than we did. The great thing is we are young and hopefully management see the key positions we need to upgrade based on the losses we suffered this season. The future is bright even without jumping into the Free Agency market.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only good thing is this is a team if stays healthy should be able to be back in the playoffs for the forseeable future, they aren't like the Bears of last year that were fairly old to begin with.. a few adjustments and they'll be back just the same and I'll say that stands regardless if it's #4 or #12 under center.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Favre is NOT god, but HE himself did NOT cost us this game, open your eyes take a look at the whole Packer team here, the coaching staff, the refs and the running game. It was the entire team that lost it for us not just Favre. If you are going to bash then bash everyone on this team.

I hope Favre comes back once again and proves to you that he can take this team the the superbowl and win then you can eat those words. Infact didnt he do just that this year? He might not have gotton to the superbowl but he came close and closer then I had expected this team to get. Favre did win us lots of games on his arm alone this past season. So Shuddup already. LOL

Members online

Latest posts