Game Plan and feelings about the game

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Game Plan

Well it has been hard to get back into the groove after the NFC championship lose. But I have rewatched the game and noticed some similaritites between that game and the Dallas Game.

1. AL HARRIS WAS OWNED. I mean really Al is a great corner but when it comes to bigger recievers he tends to get pushed around. WHy was Al left on the island so long with no help. I dont know what the philosiphie was going into the half but it seemed to me the lack of abilitie to control Buress was huge.
2. Safety Play Overall Bigby was Ok. But Collins was often out of possition many times. I am a bigger believer in Aaron Rouse who showed he could play in space better than Collins and had the ability to make the big plays ie INTs. He also matched up better on big recievers if the Corners got ate up on the crosses.
3. Gave up the run. We had a guy in Grant who the previous week matriculated 220 yards on the ground. Like the dallas game we gave on the run way to early 19 carries in the championship was not going to be enough and the D line simply wore down.
4. Way to many deep routes.
Just like the Dallas game I told the guy sitting next to me if the pack goes away from what got em there they would lose maybe not ugly but it would not be good. THere were way to many times the underneath stuff was open. There were dropped balls yes but you have to keep at it. Crosses and Slugo's and other stuff underneith will often get lineman to play on their heels.
5. Bretts play. Lets be honest he was flat out showed up by Eli. While it was wicked cold Brett seemed to be more effected by it that Eli. The shot of Brett trying to stuff heat packs down his face mask was classic. He is still the man when it comes to being tough but the Giants out toughed all the pack.

Well ok I ranted my bit and got it out there. Now off to the business season and we will see what that brings cant wait for next year.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Game Plan

Well it has been hard to get back into the groove after the NFC championship lose. But I have rewatched the game and noticed some similaritites between that game and the Dallas Game.

1. AL HARRIS WAS OWNED. I mean really Al is a great corner but when it comes to bigger recievers he tends to get pushed around. WHy was Al left on the island so long with no help. I dont know what the philosiphie was going into the half but it seemed to me the lack of abilitie to control Buress was huge.
2. Safety Play Overall Bigby was Ok. But Collins was often out of possition many times. I am a bigger believer in Aaron Rouse who showed he could play in space better than Collins and had the ability to make the big plays ie INTs. He also matched up better on big recievers if the Corners got ate up on the crosses.
3. Gave up the run. We had a guy in Grant who the previous week matriculated 220 yards on the ground. Like the dallas game we gave on the run way to early 19 carries in the championship was not going to be enough and the D line simply wore down.
4. Way to many deep routes.
Just like the Dallas game I told the guy sitting next to me if the pack goes away from what got em there they would lose maybe not ugly but it would not be good. THere were way to many times the underneath stuff was open. There were dropped balls yes but you have to keep at it. Crosses and Slugo's and other stuff underneith will often get lineman to play on their heels.
5. Bretts play. Lets be honest he was flat out showed up by Eli. While it was wicked cold Brett seemed to be more effected by it that Eli. The shot of Brett trying to stuff heat packs down his face mask was classic. He is still the man when it comes to being tough but the Giants out toughed all the pack.

Well ok I ranted my bit and got it out there. Now off to the business season and we will see what that brings cant wait for next year.

1. I blame this on the DC. You see Harris is having problems. You send Bigby over there to lay some wood and maybe get a pick or 2. Don't worry, he's a smart man. He'll learn from his mistakes.

2. Rouse will be starting by week 8 in '08.

3. The Giants front 7 in the Playoffs became superhuman. It was unfortunate, but we had to do that. The Giants front 7 beat the crap out of the best Offense EVER in the very next game.

4. If we were able to complete another one (we did complete one), it would have been a different game and everyone would be saying how great of a Coach MM is. It just didn't happen.

5. The Giants beat us. Everyone got owned except Donald Driver. Yes, Favre made some crucial errors. In the offseason, MM will be back to the drawing board and fix Favre's mistakes. We'll win the SB next year and look back at this year as a wonderful learning experience.

TheDesertFox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thiss loss will always eat at me

What a magical journey through the waters of beautiful glory. What a disastrous, soul-crushing collision into the rocks of bad luck and circumstance.

"What could have been" will always reverberate in my mind. "If only." Just like the few mistakes the Eagles made cost them an amazing NFC Championship game against the Rams, stupid mistakes in every facet of the game probably cost us the Super Bowl.

Oh well, though. What am I doing rooting for a company with a bunch of millionaire employees, anyway?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Thiss loss will always eat at me

One more big play like that would have done it. But we frittered away every golden opportunity we had at every turn. We had it handed to us, and dropped it.
Nothing we can do about it though, so why let it bug you?

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thiss loss will always eat at me

I have a ton of heartbreaking losses in my lifetime with my teams, but also some GREAT ones. just concentrate on the great ones. even though it tends to hurt more than it feels good

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have a ton of heartbreaking losses in my lifetime with my teams, but also some GREAT ones. just concentrate on the great ones. even though it tends to hurt more than it feels good

The '97 SB loss was the hardest for me. After that, nothing else comes close.

I had a wonderful feeling after this season. We got a lot farther than anyone expected us to. I see '07 as a success and a stepping stone to our '08 SB win.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

JoshTheChild said:

The '97 SB loss was the hardest for me. After that, nothing else comes close.

I had a wonderful feeling after this season. We got a lot farther than anyone expected us to. I see '07 as a success and a stepping stone to our '08 SB win.
I agree!
We did lots more then anyone thought we would. Of course the loss hurts, as these opportunities don't come around often, and we left a GREAT one get away from us. Plus, no one knows if we will do this well next season. Of course i hope we do, but no one knows for sure. After the SB loss, i had a sinking feeling that it would be awhile before we get back, and unfortunatly i was right.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

3. The Giants front 7 in the Playoffs became superhuman. It was unfortunate, but we had to do that. The Giants front 7 beat the crap out of the best Offense EVER in the very next game.

That really is all that needs to be said. We were beaten by a team that was on an incredible roll. It's not like the Packers laid down for them, and neither did the Patriots.

I agree with you that this season looked a lot more like '95 than '97, and that's a very good thing.

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll just come and say it. If we had won the Giants, the Patriots would be Super Bowl champions. Our defense can't do what the Giants D did. The biggeest reason Giants won is their defense, and how they pressured Brady. We wouldn't have been able to do that. We would've lost.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006 said:
i am concerned about how ccold weather has completly gotten into #4's head

that's what i'm concerned about too. the team has to figure out a way to keep the old man warm.

My wife said she'd volunteer to keep him warm. Not sure what she meant by that... :shock:

TM

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers_Finland said:
I'll just come and say it. If we had won the Giants, the Patriots would be Super Bowl champions. Our defense can't do what the Giants D did. The biggeest reason Giants won is their defense, and how they pressured Brady. We wouldn't have been able to do that. We would've lost.
Yup..........i felt the same way. Our D couldn't push NE around like the Giants did.

Members online

Latest posts