Fire Capers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cali's#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys sound like your relying on the offense to compensate for points like last year. The offense did make a couple mistakes, but the defense did lose the game in the end.

This is not a one man team behind Arod, nobody should rely on him to make up differences. Our defense is garbage outside of CM3 and Woodson. This performance in my mind is unacceptable after spending ALL draft picks on defense.

W

wxman2005

If the Pack don't win Thursday night, it is definitely time to panic. Can't open the season 0-2 with both losses coming at home.
looks like we will see panic here next thursday. Already making my predictions. Bears defense not as good as 49ers, but their offense is better. Bears 37 Packers 27.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its sad when you have a db put more pressure on the qb then anyone on the dline. If woodson or matthewss dont hit home then we make average qbs look all pro. Oh and i forgot to mention we cant stop the run either. Pathetic

I think that was the bigger issue was our **** poor effort against the run. If teams our just running all over us we not gonna be able to do anything against the pass

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Any chance we switch back to the 4-3?

None. It really takes 2 seasons to fully install a new defense. Be patient, don't panic, and enjoy the whipping we'll put on the Bears in 4 days when we beat them 38-14

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 49ers are a bad matchup for GB.

Let's just hope they don't meet in the playoffs. Could you imagine a snow-weathered game against this team? Nooooooooooo

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think that was the bigger issue was our **** poor effort against the run. If teams our just running all over us we not gonna be able to do anything against the pass

49ers run all over everyone. It's pretty much what they do.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense did NOT lose this game. MM and AR did. 3 plays. 3 lousy plays cost the packers. right before half Mm call TO. The AR throws ball OB. leads to a 63 yard FG. Then AR throws int right after packers get ball back after Cobb return and defense forcing 3 and out. costs 7 points. Total of 10 points. packers lost by 8. Again it all falls on MM and AR. To think otherwise means you wear rose colored glasses

True but my glasses also showe alex smith and frank gore carve us up for most of the game to. We can blame capers but this defense isnt tough. I watched san fran and you can see. Toughness.!?

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good thing about Jay Cutler is that he'll make mistakes. The 49ers had a plus-28 turnover margin for a reason: they don't make mistakes. Our defense thrives on mistakes. Also, Aaron Rodgers owns the Bears' secondary as long as the OL (Marshall Newhouse) does their job.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeff Saturday...great signing. Cedric the entertainer...great signing. TT should have retired.
This is true to a point. What other option did TT have then Saturday? Surely not give Wells that huge contract when we have more important players to lock up.

Cedric Benson. Yeah. I guess we'll see I'd of rather kept steady with Green and Saine but the 49ers have a tough run d and nobody can run on them so it's kind of early to tell on him.

BUDW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why didnt the Packers go out and get some help through Free Agents? that attitude is going to be the down fall of the team.

W

wxman2005

This is true to a point. What other option did TT have then Saturday? Surely not give Wells that huge contract when we have more important players to lock up.

Cedric Benson. Yeah. I guess we'll see I'd of rather kept steady with Green and Saine but the 49ers have a tough run d and nobody can run on them so it's kind of early to tell on him.
yes, they have a great run defense, but 12 yards, 12 yards? No defense is that good. the O/L is bad, really bad.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why didnt the Packers go out and get some help through Free Agents? that attitude is going to be the down fall of the team.
Really? Like are you honestly thinking that right now?

TT never signs free agents and we've been pretty succesful. And the one year he does- we lose our opening game and we got people like you asking why we didn't give Vincent Jackson 70 million dollars.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the impression that you don't understand just how good SF is this year. A lot of people have them winning the Super Bowl. This game could have gone either way and today it went theirs. There is absolutely NO SHAME in losing to them.

I get the impression you don't understand how bad starting 0-2 with both losses coming at home would be for the Packers. I fully acknowledge how good SF is this year. I'm just saying that the Bears is as close to a most win game as possible.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I get the impression you don't understand how bad starting 0-2 with both losses coming at home would be for the Packers. I fully acknowledge how good SF is this year. I'm just saying that the Bears is as close to a most win game as possible.

So you're already assuming the Bears are going to win Thursday? BTW, the Bears game is NOT a "must win." If it was week 16 and we're trying to get a wildcard spot, THEN it would be "must win." Not sure why you're being so pessimistic.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
True but what effect do you think the Packer offense had to do with the outcome?

I thought the play calling got into a predictable groove and it still looks like Aaron isn't really in sync with his receivers.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
I felt the same away after this game about firing him; however, it was way to premature and I fell a lot of the blame should go to the players. I feel like it is a combination of them both, but still to early to attempt to fire our defensive coordinator

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any chance we switch back to the 4-3?

We have better personel for it this year and it appears that the Packers and Patriots (both 3-4's) are falling behind teams on defense like the 49ers (4-3's)

But where my argument gets thrown out the window is the Steelers. Though they have struggled in the playoffs.

The 49ers also run a 3-4, but just a way better version of it.

And the patriots have switched to a 4-3 (halfway though last year or sometime around then). but they still have the personnel to run a 3-4 as well.

back on topic.

It is still too early to make any rash decision. Yes the defence still looked bad but the offence still didn't look all that impressive either. But lets not take anything away from the 49ers, who are just that good.

the biggest problem with the defence is just fundamental stuff, and (to me) they are not tough enough, they don't play with a chip on their shoulder. They are just too finesse and look for the turnover instead of just stopping the ball carrier. the one huge difference I found with the 49ers D compared to the Packers D was that once a receiver catches the ball the 49ers stop him once the catch is made and rarely do they allow YAC. Tackling needs to become a priority for the Packers D.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's easy to blame Capers but does anyone else think this defense isn't the best in the world?
Probably easier to blame him if this team was loaded down with talent like SF, but compare them and they are way way off.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Gawd, how short can people's memories be? Capers is not the one who can't tackle. Not too long ago Capers was next to god for the Packers having a GOOD defense. At least he is not stuck on a cover two like Lovie Smith seems to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts