FAVRE TRADE DONE?

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Isn't there some rule about trading a player who is still retired?????
:roll: :roll: :roll:

This is going to be as bad as pre-draft, where every FA available is rumored to be coming to GB.

Nope, the Packers own the right til his contract is up or terminated.. they can trade him freely, the accepting club has to deal with Favre, his contract and whether he plays or not.. of course they would have that in the provisions.. but he can be traded at any point that fits into the league calendar.

See Jake Plummer as example A.

That all makes sense. One of the few posts that has lately.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
calicheesehead said:
If this is true: Imagine being 1-2 at this point. Vikes and Cowboys will be tough prior to TB game 9/28. Favre beats GB dropping them to 1-3. What kind of riff will crack through GM and Packer fans knowing they let BF walk, espoecially to a NFC team.

Yeah the schedule is tough but I do think 2-1 is possible going into that game.

What happens if GB beats Tampa Bay? I think it's possible even with Favre. I think the Packers have a more complete team top to bottom. So you can't rule out the Packers doing well either but obviously tradining him to Tampa makes them a top contender in the NFC. I'd be more worried about losing in the playoffs to a Tampa Bay lead Favre team than the regular season on the road.

As far as the deal goes....

I certainly don't wish for this to happen but it seems like this is the only option right now whether it'd be to Washington, New York Jets or wherever.

I doubt this is true. I'm confident it isn't but if it is then at least the deal is done and we can all move on to whatever we do.

you're right. lets give the Packers some credit. What defense knows Brett Favre better than the Packers. What Coaching staff knows Brett Favre better than the Packers. We could theoretically give him a bad bad day. In fact... send him to the Vikings, we would know what he was doing before he did.

Remember when Jon Gruden left Oakland for Tampa. They met in the Super Bowl and the Raiders were the favorites but Gruden new that team inside and out and the Buccaneers crushed them because of that in my opinion. Now this is just one player as oppossed to one team but that would certainly help.

On the flip side Favre giving the opposing defensive coordinator tips on the Packers offense would even everything out. I think Favre knows the basics of the Packers offense enough to do that.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know how I feel on the trade, some days I want Brett to go and some days I want him to stay and compete. If the contract is true the second rounder is great. Simms though, I dont think he's worth anything.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
man it sucks that farve is gone though he is not going to do much good with their recieving core and hes goin 2-3 years more tops

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts