FAVRE TRADE DONE?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say this regarding a trade but I don't think Brett Favre has convinced anybody he is truly committed to coming back this year including himself.
If a trade does occur it will be conditional and that includes Brett not changing his mind about playing. I will go on record here and say he will back out and not make it to the regular season nullifying any trade and this is also why I can only see a draft pick and not also another player involved.

What are they going to do with Simms, for example, if after the 3rd pre-season game Brett quits, says he's done, give Simms back?

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have had a brief conversation with Florio before. After the draft, he is a nice guy, returned my email and everything.

I wish.

"Hey Florio, you should hire me, I hang at packerforum.com."

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Tampa Bay where every QB would want to go because they are such experts there at understanding how to treat them so extra special and everything?

He, He, He.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the Tampa reporter. Nice conversation. He says that Allen was at the restaurant. He also asks what I thought the consenus on the Favre scenario and interview was.

I won't tell you what I told him, but I tried to speak for most using what I have read on here.

Sorry Jennings85.

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have had a brief conversation with Florio before. After the draft, he is a nice guy, returned my email and everything.

I wish.

"Hey Florio, you should hire me, I hang at packerforum.com."

You'd be surprised what can happen via the internet as long as you represent yourself well. I doubt anything would happen between you and PFT but it is a very cool prospect. I find it awesome what he's accomplished himself being a lawyer yet running one of the best football rumor mills on the net.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if he is traded he is going to the Redskins. Snyder couldn't resist plus they have the QB coach from the Seahawks now who will run pretty much the same offense as Favre is used to.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if he is traded he is going to the Redskins. Snyder couldn't resist plus they have the QB coach from the Seahawks now who will run pretty much the same offense as Favre is used to.

*checks schedule* .... yep sounds good to me.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Slight problem.. cap room? I think they have enough for a couple cans of coffee.. or maybe I am mistaken..

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it funny that when PFT comes out with a possible Favre destination suddenly there are opinions on it.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre will get traded to the 'skins only to tell Dan Snyder that he's having second thoughts. The Redskins, your prototype for a professional organization, will hold off any other transactions or any planning until Favre is sure what the hell he really wants to do...damn Ted Thompson. After the 8th week of the regular season, Snyder will finally snap and say something like, "D@mn it Brett, we've waited long enough! Jason Campbell IS our full-time starting QB for the second half of the season just like the first half!"

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting trade, but I have no idea why we would take a QB when we just drafted two of them. And if we were to pick a QB off the Tampa roster wouldn't we go with Jeff Garcia? He'd be a better fit in my opinion and can provide some leadership.

Veterans! What the hell do we need another functional QB for? We have Rodgers and Brohm who just need a QB that's been around for a while and can teach downward. That's why Greise and not Garcia. I like this trade and week 4 is gonna be nuts! Go A-Rod!

Edit:

Note to self: Read everything before responding. Anyone know what the deal is? Is that article bunk or what?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this is true: Imagine being 1-2 at this point. Vikes and Cowboys will be tough prior to TB game 9/28. Favre beats GB dropping them to 1-3. What kind of riff will crack through GM and Packer fans knowing they let BF walk, espoecially to a NFC team.

Marrdro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DarkaneRules said:

Slight problem.. cap room? I think they have enough for a couple cans of coffee.. or maybe I am mistaken..
You've been over on the PPO page reading my stuff. Then you come back over here and post it.

I see how it works......... :D :D :D :D

I don't see any team out there, that can win now, that has that type of CAP space.

Nope, as I said in a previous thread........TT will wait until the last minute (53 man roster cut downs) to realease him ensuring that whatever team gets him, he won't be effective for at least 4 games or so.

Pack93z

Reaction score
You've been over on the PPO page reading my stuff. Then you come back over here and post it.

I see how it works......... :D :D :D :D

I don't see any team out there, that can win now, that has that type of CAP space.

Nope, as I said in a previous thread........TT will wait until the last minute (53 man roster cut downs) to realease him ensuring that whatever team gets him, he won't be effective for at least 4 games or so.

Come now.. I haven't been on the PPO all day long.. but great minds must think alike huh. :lol:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this is true: Imagine being 1-2 at this point. Vikes and Cowboys will be tough prior to TB game 9/28. Favre beats GB dropping them to 1-3. What kind of riff will crack through GM and Packer fans knowing they let BF walk, espoecially to a NFC team.

that is very possible. those teams are tough and now we have a distracted locker room and several unanswered questions.

but. i wont question letting Brett Favre leave. its what we had to do at the time.

im just hoping for a united front to come out of all this and a chip on every players shoulder that they can do it without Favre. thats our best shot i think

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah the schedule is tough but I do think 2-1 is possible going into that game.

What happens if GB beats Tampa Bay? I think it's possible even with Favre. I think the Packers have a more complete team top to bottom. So you can't rule out the Packers doing well either but obviously tradining him to Tampa makes them a top contender in the NFC. I'd be more worried about losing in the playoffs to a Tampa Bay lead Favre team than the regular season on the road.

As far as the deal goes....

I certainly don't wish for this to happen but it seems like this is the only option right now whether it'd be to Washington, New York Jets or wherever.

I doubt this is true. I'm confident it isn't but if it is then at least the deal is done and we can all move on to whatever we do.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't there some rule about trading a player who is still retired?????
:roll: :roll: :roll:

This is going to be as bad as pre-draft, where every FA available is rumored to be coming to GB.

BrettFavre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time for management to quit playing games and let Favre back. To have the second best QB in the league play back up to Rodgers or trade him to another team is rediculous. Too many egos involved here.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:

Yeah the schedule is tough but I do think 2-1 is possible going into that game.

What happens if GB beats Tampa Bay? I think it's possible even with Favre. I think the Packers have a more complete team top to bottom. So you can't rule out the Packers doing well either but obviously tradining him to Tampa makes them a top contender in the NFC. I'd be more worried about losing in the playoffs to a Tampa Bay lead Favre team than the regular season on the road.

As far as the deal goes....

I certainly don't wish for this to happen but it seems like this is the only option right now whether it'd be to Washington, New York Jets or wherever.

I doubt this is true. I'm confident it isn't but if it is then at least the deal is done and we can all move on to whatever we do.

you're right. lets give the Packers some credit. What defense knows Brett Favre better than the Packers. What Coaching staff knows Brett Favre better than the Packers. We could theoretically give him a bad bad day. In fact... send him to the Vikings, we would know what he was doing before he did.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time for management to quit playing games and let Favre back. To have the second best QB in the league play back up to Rodgers or trade him to another team is rediculous. Too many egos involved here.

i find it hilarious that this screen name was available.

as for your post. eh. just another one.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Isn't there some rule about trading a player who is still retired?????
:roll: :roll: :roll:

This is going to be as bad as pre-draft, where every FA available is rumored to be coming to GB.

Nope, the Packers own the right til his contract is up or terminated.. they can trade him freely, the accepting club has to deal with Favre, his contract and whether he plays or not.. of course they would have that in the provisions.. but he can be traded at any point that fits into the league calendar.

See Jake Plummer as example A.

Members online

Latest posts