Favre to retire

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
So close to the storybook ending, but he still went out on his own terms and proved to the NFL world that he could still play at a very high level of play...

On one hand, I am bummed that he is retiring, but that day I thought would be here a year or two ago.

On the other hand, I am interested to see how the Packers fair going forward.

Can Rodgers carry the load?

Do we sign another veteran to compete?

Do we draft a higher than mid-round QB which I had penciled in already?

A blessing in disquise maybe this will lower the expectations of the team in many peoples eyes, including other teams coaching staffs. ;)

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good time to go out. Starting QB for the NFC team. He didn't hang around too long.

Let's hope Aaron will stay healthy.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is the same feeling I had when I first got divorced. You knew it was coming but it doesn't stop the sadness, empty feeling and finality.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why?:

"Mortensen reported that Favre, who wanted the Packers to obtain Randy Moss when he was a free agent last season, had once again pushed for Moss to join the Packers. Favre had spoken to Moss late last week and was willing to commit to more than just this season if Moss and the Packers could come to an agreement. But the Packers did not pursue Moss, who re-signed with the Patriots on Monday."

That seems...kinda selfish. Favre pretty much said he has gas in the tank for more than one year but because GB didn't get a guy he wants, he's walking? That should make Driver and Jennings feel awesome.

Oh well, his decision. Good luck in broadcasting, Favre.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It is the same feeling I had when I first got divorced. You knew it was coming but it doesn't stop the sadness, empty feeling and finality.

I had a party when I got divorced, wasnt sad at all!

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why?:

"Mortensen reported that Favre, who wanted the Packers to obtain Randy Moss when he was a free agent last season, had once again pushed for Moss to join the Packers. Favre had spoken to Moss late last week and was willing to commit to more than just this season if Moss and the Packers could come to an agreement. But the Packers did not pursue Moss, who re-signed with the Patriots on Monday."

That seems...kinda selfish. Favre pretty much said he has gas in the tank for more than one year but because GB didn't get a guy he wants, he's walking? That should make Driver and Jennings feel awesome.

Oh well, his decision. Good luck in broadcasting, Favre.

Good luck with the Ravens next year.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jsonline says Favre felt the Packers didn't want him back for another year. What's going on here? Miscommunication or what? Maybe this isn't over if that's the case.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
wils0646 said:
What a great career Brett. Amazing and just awesome. I'm glad I got to see him play too once.

I was going to go to Lambeau this year too, to see Brett. I've seen him at Soldier Field, but that's not the same. Sucks for me.

I am hearbroken I didn't spend the money to go to the Seahawks game.
Now I'm REALLY glad i got to go to that game. I got to see Brett's last win.

I was at the laundrymat when i heard it on the radio.......i felt like i had been punched in the stomach. (Still do)
I was close to tears. (still am) :cry:

rkoRKOrko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre called Mortensen, according to ESPN First Take, and left him a voice mail saying that in the Moss situation DID NOT affect his decision.

And also, anyone else find it ironic that now that the Packers.com site should be posting the Brett Favre retirement page, aren't?

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jsonline says Favre felt the Packers didn't want him back for another year. What's going on here? Miscommunication or what? Maybe this isn't over if that's the case.

I just read that. In the words of Vince Lombardi, "What the hell's goin' on out there?"

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre called Mortensen, according to ESPN First Take, and left him a voice mail saying that in the Moss situation DID NOT affect his decision.

And also, anyone else find it ironic that now that the Packers.com site should be posting the Brett Favre retirement page, aren't?
Yeah......kinda weird.
They are saying that the Packers might still be trying to talk him out of it.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Until Brett himself comes out and says it from his own lips... ah nevermind. ;)

The more I read and listen about.. the more I think there is a slight chance of hope that he yet could return.. something doesn't seem right about this whole thing.. maybe just wishful thinking.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

well thats good to know.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In this crazy business, you never know... I thought he wasn't going to comeback after 2006...

Favre SHOULD stay retired now. He has been a man of his word.

The question I have is HOW WILL #4 BE REMEMBERED? Will he be remembered for his so called errant pass vs. the Giants in his last throw? Or will he be remembered for the TD passes he threw? Or something else?

I know, there are rejoicing Bears and Vikings fans who will bring up his Vicodin and such...

This is a sad, sad day but you knew it was coming.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts