Favre Speaks: Surprised Rodgers Wasn’t Doing This Sooner

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
So Brett....You are admitting Ted knew more about being a GM then you? Or are you saying..... damn Rodgers you suck if it took you this long to win with those guys?

Either way Brett, it is coming across as being bitter EVEN if that wasnt your intention

P.S. I know "certain" people will not like this thread, but this is how Packer nation feels now...We are not the minority any longer..."Certain" people are the minority now

I've got to say it,.. "Bitters party of 1??" :sneaky: He's going to be a sad lonely old man if he keeps running his mouth!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Brett....You are admitting Ted knew more about being a GM then you? Or are you saying..... damn Rodgers you suck if it took you this long to win with those guys?

Either way Brett, it is coming across as being bitter EVEN if that wasnt your intention

P.S. I know "certain" people will not like this thread, but this is how Packer nation feels now...We are not the minority any longer..."Certain" people are the minority now
The only question I have is if he is intentionally being a ********* or if he just can't help himself being a *********...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like this is yet another last ditch effort for Ol' Shutter Bug to be in the spot light. Still putting himself on a pedestal and proclaiming that Aaron's success is a result of being in his presence. (insert "puke" face) I would like to see Aaron totally ignore this joke of an interview. Maybe after SB XLVI he'll ride off into the Mississippi sunset for good.
When it's noticed that he's gonna broadcast some college game, almost noone comments/notices/watches.

But when his name is linked to Rodgers somehow, suddenly a ton of interest arises.

Favre is only being relevant because of Rodgers... If he did the same comment towards Brady or Manning, the response of the people would be much smaller...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they do retire his number and I am sure they will. I just hope they have extra security that night.
Whenever they do it, even after A-Rod wins a few more SBs, or if it's 10, 20 years from now, I hope the fans in Lambeau boo him again. Loudly. I know I would if I was there.
He doesn't deserve any respect since he took it away in the first place.

Better yet give his number to another player.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When it's noticed that he's gonna broadcast some college game, almost noone comments/notices/watches.

But when his name is linked to Rodgers somehow, suddenly a ton of interest arises.

Favre is only being relevant because of Rodgers... If he did the same comment towards Brady or Manning, the response of the people would be much smaller...
You found it!
The best way to get the most replies to your thread on here.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, it's gonna be hard for Rodgers to not respond now. The media is going to pour the questions on him looking to start some sort of conflict. Really makes you feel bad for Rodgers in that way.

Damn right. Rodgers has been the better person in this whole situation... he's keeping his mouth shut, throwing up great stats, leading them to victories, and winning Super Bowls. Rodgers is the bigger man in this situation.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn right. Rodgers has been the better person in this whole situation... he's keeping his mouth shut, throwing up great stats, leading them to victories, and winning Super Bowls. Rodgers is the bigger man in this situation.
He doesn't need the distraction or to reply.
But if he does, I hope it's a sarcastic one like the one he gave after the N'Awlens game.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre said that the 2007 Packers were the most talented?
Then in 2009, he said the Vikings were the most talented?

2007 end of the year Packer roster (It was good team....but not a GREAT team)

Favre makes it seem that Rodgers was taking over a Hall of Fame team
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was there, probably more then anyone else on this forum..

I still have the jersey hanging in my closet and a plaque with the pic, etc. and an autographed card....sigh....he once meant so much...now...welllll....he's digging a deeper and deeper hole with the fans who so once loved him.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
It matter not what Brett says, just about every Packer fan will bash him. He could have said, "I'm glad that Rodgers won, I knew he would do it, and McCarthy is a good coach. And the Packers have a fine team this year." and Packer fans on all forums would be bashing him for some reason. "Oh, he didn't mention Ted", "He's a lying sack of crap", You all put him on a pedestal when he was with the Packers and when he fell off he hurt every one's feelings. Here's one thing I have noticed in the last 3+ years, I have not read one positive comment about anything the man has said from a Packer fan on any board. Everything he says has some hidden meaning, or is backhanded or self serving. He could say "Cocker spaniel puppies are cute" and Packer fans would bash him. What I don't get, is why the hell do you still care? He's been gone for going on 4 seasons.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'd like to know what folks think of this article, which seems relevant regarding this discussion:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/249793-time-heals-all-wounds-curley-lambeau-brett-favre

I wouldn't have included Reggie White as a comparison in that article. It was really a different kind of situation. Also, Reggie didn't go to an NFC North Rival.

The Lambeau story could have some parallels. Maybe in 30 or 40 years, people will forget what Favre has done, like they did with Lambeau. But the more he keeps grinding at the wounds the longer it is going to be before most Packer fans would accept any ceremony surrounding him.

If his manager was marketing savvy, he would sit on Favre like his Dad used to. If Brett would just get on the Green and Gold bandwagon for a little while, talk up the team in a good way, folks would quickly forget what he did. But, as I alluded previously, his Dad was a more restraining influence on him. After his Dad died, it was like someone flipped a switch and Brett's alter ego came out.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It matter not what Brett says, just about every Packer fan will bash him. He could have said, "I'm glad that Rodgers won, I knew he would do it, and McCarthy is a good coach. And the Packers have a fine team this year." and Packer fans on all forums would be bashing him for some reason. "Oh, he didn't mention Ted", "He's a lying sack of crap", You all put him on a pedestal when he was with the Packers and when he fell off he hurt every one's feelings. Here's one thing I have noticed in the last 3+ years, I have not read one positive comment about anything the man has said from a Packer fan on any board. Everything he says has some hidden meaning, or is backhanded or self serving. He could say "Cocker spaniel puppies are cute" and Packer fans would bash him. What I don't get, is why the hell do you still care? He's been gone for going on 4 seasons.

Do you guys care when Fran Tarkenton bashes the Vikings?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why should Favre say he is proud of the team , when the town has treated him like crap? Yeah he signed with Vikings , but big damn deal. I am sure there has been far worse things that your family, friends or spouse has done , then Favre signing with that other team. People act as if Farve was the only people to come in and out of retirement. How many times has Jordan done it and others? Yet Favre seems to be the only name that comes up.

The town treated him like crap? Really? I must have missed that. Pretty sure the at least 1/2 vilified TT for awhile.

I do remember Favre calling the lions and giving them everything he knew about our offense. Or the comments he made towards the team and former players he played with. No class on his part whatsoever. The worst I can say about the fans is some of them treated Aaron terribly, in fact it makes me angry still thinking about it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone that knows anything about Rodgers know that stuff like this sits with him and he will use it as motivation. If you think this will go unnoticed by him you would be wrong. He dwelled on the media comments about the saints workouts, and that wasnt even personal like this is.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think your somewhat right.....
If he really came out and said I'm glad that Rodgers won, I knew he would do it, and McCarthy is a good coach. And the Packers have a fine team this year." .....people would have *****ed, not everyone though....BUT, i feel those are the steps he needs to do to heal the fan/favre relationship....
BABY-STEPS BRETT....BABY-STEPS

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nope. I don't give a damn what he says. Most Vikng fans don't. Most just wish he would shut his mouth at times.

That's funny because the Viking board lit up with angry fans after Tarkenton's remarks. You might not, but apparently your fellow fans cared.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
"And so he just kind of fell into a good situation." and "You know, it is hard to repeat, but then again it’s not." "He's in a no stress situation!"

Really Brett? Really? You had to go there. Good situation!???? Death threats...people telling him they hated him and wanted to break his legs. Guess my definition of good is different. No stress situation!?? Uhh...Ok.

Woodson needs to pop out and ask,
"You making fun of Rodgers Brett!?"
"No!" - in a surprised tone.
Wood asks in a lower voice - "You making fun of Rodgers!!??"
"Yes" - Brett hangs head in shame.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Woodson needs to pop out and ask,
"You making fun of Rodgers Brett!?"
"No!" - in a surprised tone.
Wood asks in a lower voice - "You making fun of Rodgers!!??"
"Yes" - Brett hangs head in shame.

Better yet, how about if Raji or Mathews pops out instead of CWood??

Members online

Latest posts