Favre and McNabb

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McNabb and Favre shouldnt ever be used to compare one another. Because of the simple fact that McNabb will never be close to what Favre is and has meant to the Packers.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If McNabb win's a Super Bowl he'll mean just as much to Eagles fans as Favre does to Packer fans. Philly hasn't had much playoff success in 30 years and especially in football.

In terms of who is the better player. In his prime Favre is much better. Right now I think they're on a similar level.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
McNabb and Favre shouldnt ever be used to compare one another. Because of the simple fact that McNabb will never be close to what Favre is and has meant to the Packers.

Really? McNabb is continually called a "good guy" in the NFL. He took the Eagles time and again to the Super Bowl (granted they lost). McNabb means a helluva lot to Philly, even with their fans.

Stat-wise I agree, but as far as keeping the team together and being the face of the organization, Donovan is close to Favre.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
If McNabb win's a Super Bowl he'll mean just as much to Eagles fans as Favre does to Packer fans. Philly hasn't had much playoff success in 30 years and especially in football.

In terms of who is the better player. In his prime Favre is much better. Right now I think they're on a similar level.

Why are they on the same level Porky?

Care to explain your rationale?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
porky88 said:

Why are they on the same level Porky?

Care to explain your rationale?

Look at the stats right now. Look how there playing right now. The amount of throws is similar. The passing yards, TD's is similar. Their leadership is just as important to their respective team. There playing identical to one another.

The list goes on and on.

Saying McNabb before he hits 30 and Favre at 37 playing on a similar level is not an insult to Favre. I know you take most of things I say about Favre as a slap in his face and out of context but the fact is Favre is older and still putting up similar numbers and means as much to the Pack as McNabb does right now to the Eagles. That's more of a compliment than insult considering McNabb is going to go to the HOF one day as well.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo said:
Really? McNabb is continually called a "good guy" in the NFL. He took the Eagles time and again to the Super Bowl (granted they lost).

The Eagles have been to only 1 Super Bowl since McNabb has been QB. Time and time again he has taken them to the NFC Championship game.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McNabb blows.....even the Philly fans know this. He was as much to blame for the torn apart lockerroom as T.O. was last season. Reid is so protective of him because he has such a frail psychy. Reid has been trying to compare him to Favre for years. Truth is they are not even similar types of QB's.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
McNabb blows.....even the Philly fans know this. He was as much to blame for the torn apart lockerroom as T.O. was last season. Reid is so protective of him because he has such a frail psychy. Reid has been trying to compare him to Favre for years. Truth is they are not even similar types of QB's.

1999- 8TD 7INT
2000-21TD 13INT
2001-25TD 12INT
2002-17TD 6INT
2003-16TD 11INT
2004-31TD 8INT
2005-16TD 9INT(Injury shortened)
2006-7TD 1INT

Yeah he doesn't suck.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
DePack said:

1999- 8TD 7INT
2000-21TD 13INT
2001-25TD 12INT
2002-17TD 6INT
2003-16TD 11INT
2004-31TD 8INT
2006-7TD 1INT

Yeah he doesn't suck.

Actually he does suck. Before TO he rarely threw further than about 8 yards. Reid sets him up for stats. First and goal from the one....play action pass everytime to the tightend or back. I watch all the eagle games when the pressure is on he falls apart.

The 2004 season was all T.O.

1960worldchampions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Yared-Yam said:
DePack said:

1999- 8TD 7INT
2000-21TD 13INT
2001-25TD 12INT
2002-17TD 6INT
2003-16TD 11INT
2004-31TD 8INT
2006-7TD 1INT

Yeah he doesn't suck.

Actually he does suck. Before TO he rarely threw further than about 8 yards. Reid sets him up for stats. First and goal from the one....play action pass everytime to the tightend or back. I watch all the eagle games when the pressure is on he falls apart.

The 2004 season was all T.O.

DPecker:

Most of your points are off base. Suck? On the contrary - when healthy, DMac has been a solid top ten QB over his career and he continues to keep us in the hunt for a SB ring every year. He HAS had quite a few pressure successes as well. Our FO is getting wiser about placing better skill position talent around him and I believe that he'll have a good shot to get a ring before his career ends...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePecker....isn't that namecalling? MOMMY he used a name. NOT COOL!!!

Consider this your warning.

Zero....and I mean that figuritively...it doesn't surprise me that you find third grade philly humor funny. The problem is this guy is the valedictorian of iggle (cute) fans.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
DePecker....isn't that namecalling? MOMMY he used a name. NOT COOL!!!

Consider this your warning.

Zero....and I mean that figuritively...it doesn't surprise me that you find third grade philly humor funny. The problem is this guy is the valedictorian of iggle (cute) fans.

QUICK QUICK SOMEONE CALL THE WAHHHHBALANCE!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

All in fun :)

Seriously though, lets get back on topic. McNabb should never be worded with Favre. He doesn't hold any ground with him once so ever.

Dawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
keep in mind that TO did not play in any of the playoff games in 2004 because of his injury and Donovan still got them to the supper bowl.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Dawk said:
keep in mind that TO did not play in any of the playoff games in 2004 because of his injury and Donovan still got them to the supper bowl.

The team got them there led by Donovan haha jus messing with ya!

You know some say that Terrell put the Eagles over the edge and put them in the Super Bowl. How is that possible? He being on the roster must done it since he was injured the entire pre season spare the SB in which they lost. Maybe they shouldn't have activated him for that game? lol

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo said:
agopackgo4 said:

Really? McNabb is continually called a "good guy" in the NFL. He took the Eagles time and again to the Super Bowl (granted they lost). McNabb means a helluva lot to Philly, even with their fans.

Stat-wise I agree, but as far as keeping the team together and being the face of the organization, Donovan is close to Favre.

Oh yes thank you for reminding me that he took his team to the superbowl. Wow I sure am glad that Brett didnt freeze up when we played the Pats in the superbowl like McNabb did. The guy couldnt even call the plays!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
gopackgo said:
agopackgo4 said:

Oh yes thank you for reminding me that he took his team to the superbowl. Wow I sure am glad that Brett didnt freeze up when we played the Pats in the superbowl like McNabb did. The guy couldnt even call the plays!!!

Nice comment. Not only that, Favre played in two and looked good in both of them. It was Davis and the Broncos OL who beat us in the 2nd one, not Elway. Favre looked better than Elway.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Nice comment. Not only that, Favre played in two and looked good in both of them. It was Davis and the Broncos OL who beat us in the 2nd one, not Elway. Favre looked better than Elway.

Favre was 25-42 for 256yards 3tds 1int.

Elway was 12-22 for 123 0tds and 1int.

Pshhh

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't McNabb a career 70some QB rating guy until TO got there?

McNabb is a very good QB and is playing very very well right now for sure. Stallworth also helps. However, he is not in the same league as Favre career-wise IMO.

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Wasn't McNabb a career 70some QB rating guy until TO got there?

McNabb is a very good QB and is playing very very well right now for sure. Stallworth also helps. However, he is not in the same league as Favre career-wise IMO.

86 rating in '02...

79 rating in '03...but he had a broken thumb on his throwing hand early in the year. He really shouldn't have been playing in those games...the effects were obvious. Once the wrap came off his hand he finished the last 10 games completing 63.9% of his passes, over 2,300 yards, 14 TDs, 5 INTs, and a 98.6 passer rating. He did this with James Thrash and Todd Pinkston as his recievers. T.O. was still a 49er at this time.

That said, there is really no reason to compare career accomplishments. Favre is in his 15th season as a starter...McNabb is in his 7th. Favre is an all time great. His TD and yardage totals are amazing....awesome accomplishments. McNabb's TD:INT ratio is better than any QB currently in the HoF with the exception of Steve Young (who he is closing in on).

They are both great QBs...looking forward to watching both of them tonight....

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats another thing. He is too injury prone to be considered with Favre. He just hasnt played enough. and even if he did I still have a hard time believeing he would be considered by anyone in the NFL to be Favrelike.

furferret2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Thats another thing. He is too injury prone to be considered with Favre. He just hasnt played enough. and even if he did I still have a hard time believeing he would be considered by anyone in the NFL to be Favrelike.
How about only two major injuries for McNabb?

Tell me how good Favre was before he was put in the right system. The offenses around McNabb sucked until 2004, yet he was still getting Pro Bowls and MVP nominations. He puts the Eagles offense in winning positions. He is getting better every year and to the guy who says he was never good before TO and that he only threw 8 yards tops is pretty off base.

Today, I would take McNabb in a heartbeat over Favre, and everyone else on the planet would too. And the guy who said McNabb will NEVER be as good as Favre was, don't count your chickens before they hatch.