Fav vs the Cards

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that article and was about to post it. All I can say is WOW. So if they lose to the Bengals no one on here believes a viking melt down is possible? That locker room will go nuts with a 2 game losing streak and comments from a 40 year old QB with his own selfish agenda.

Crazy old man syndrome comes to mind and he is in command of the ship. Losing and comments like that will destroy a team.

They wont lose, and even if they do, that locker room will survive. Selfish agenda? How about he was trying to do it all himself. Thats not praise, but its not as bad as you make it out to be. Maybe try water or juice to wash down those grapes.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I
Crazy old man syndrome comes to mind and he is in command of the ship. Losing and comments like that will destroy a team.

It's one of the reasons that Favre is with the Vikings and not another team, including the Packers. Those comments show he is confident that he has in Minnesota what he had under Sherman-- no ***-chewing. Bevell or Childress won't be taking No. 4 to task for that BS. No, if Favre throws a stupid pick out of anger, those coaches will be heads down in their Denny's menus when the ol' gunslinger comes to the sideline.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
That makes me think, how many times in GB did he just toss it with out caring?

Man, I didn't even need the article to tell me that. Farve was seriously pissed about getting body slammed (Cards, 2nd fav team now, and the Ref who didn't toss a flag. That pissed Farve off too). You could just tell he chucked it down field trying to make a statement of "Oh yeah, how dare you do that to the Farve, I'm gonna make you pay now!" Ploink, INT!! Whoops.

You know, I have wondered why his INT rate is so low this year, but when at GB it was always near record breaking!? Apparently he just didn't give a **** about it in GB and was just gonna play the way he wanted too. Now that he has his new shiny team he is gonna play QB correctly for em. But then he gets mad Packer fans boo him. LOL

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's one of the reasons that Favre is with the Vikings and not another team, including the Packers. Those comments show he is confident that he has in Minnesota what he had under Sherman-- no ***-chewing. Bevell or Childress won't be taking No. 4 to task for that BS. No, if Favre throws a stupid pick out of anger, those coaches will be heads down in their Denny's menus when the ol' gunslinger comes to the sideline.

Right because certain players on gb who spouted off when they were not playing well against the coach/management must have nothing to fear either. But I know, Favre is the only selfish guy who we all used to think was great, but now we will bash him because he wanted to continue to play. I know he should have been content and accepted a rebuilding plan that didnt include him and accepeted things as they were. He should have stayed witht he jets because just playing is as good as winning. Athlets play to win and make money, not to just play. You dont get to that level without being competative.

Im sure the fact that the team has what looked like all the pieces but a qb had nothing to do with his signing right? No it must be becuase he wants to be able to throw picks and not be yelled at. In fact, Im sure he's pissed he hasn't thrown more picks this year to prove a point that he's the boss.

You guys that bash him and pull this crap out of your *** and revise history are probably the same types that tell the girl that shot you down that she is was too ugly for you anyway.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I didn't even need the article to tell me that. Farve was seriously pissed about getting body slammed (Cards, 2nd fav team now, and the Ref who didn't toss a flag. That pissed Farve off too). You could just tell he chucked it down field trying to make a statement of "Oh yeah, how dare you do that to the Farve, I'm gonna make you pay now!" Ploink, INT!! Whoops.

You know, I have wondered why his INT rate is so low this year, but when at GB it was always near record breaking!? Apparently he just didn't give a **** about it in GB and was just gonna play the way he wanted too. Now that he has his new shiny team he is gonna play QB correctly for em. But then he gets mad Packer fans boo him. LOL

SO when he gets mad he makes mistakes? If he was mad at the fans he sure fooled us didn't he by have 2 great games against GB. BTW those two games were near perfect. But hey he always loved Minn and for 16 years he dreamed about being their QB and just led all us fans on for over a decade.

You're right he didn't care about GB. He played hurt all those times because he didn't want to win. He wanted to deep six the team and take the org down with him didn't he. Thats why after getting a cuncussion while playing NY in I believe 04, he came back into the game 2 plays later and threw a td.

And that "selfish" nature of his really destroyed the team didn't it? His most wins ever must be a misprint I know because no QB that could do these things to a team could hold that record.

Hate the guy, but please stop with this foolishness. You are all making yourselves look very bitter and ignorant.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they could very well lose, but I don't buy that the locker room will go nuts. That schism story is out of whack. I don't see a "meltdown" from them...

Bengals, at Panthers, at Chicago and New York Giants... We winning the season, now that Pittsburgh in in shambles, isn't completely out of reach.

BTW, I entered their site to take a look at the schedule, and they're talking about "guarantee your spot in Vikings HISTORY". My God they think a lot of themselves... Well, it'll only be sweeter when they lose.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they could very well lose, but I don't buy that the locker room will go nuts. That schism story is out of whack. I don't see a "meltdown" from them...

Bengals, at Panthers, at Chicago and New York Giants... We winning the season, now that Pittsburgh in in shambles, isn't completely out of reach.

BTW, I entered their site to take a look at the schedule, and they're talking about "guarantee your spot in Vikings HISTORY". My God they think a lot of themselves... Well, it'll only be sweeter when they lose.

You are starting to see it, but don't have the faith. Pack 12-4, vikings 11-5. I see it happening.:viksux::viksux::viksux:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or did Rodgers look like a scared puppy playing Favre twice this year?

The complete lack of understanding pro football is dumbfounding. :shock:

When did Rodgers play against Favre? When the Pack played MN's defense Rodgers looked scared because Allen was pounding him into the ground left and right, and rightfully so. YOUR lack of understanding that QBs don't play each other is dumbfounding. Sheesh. The hatred you spew against Rodgers is amazing too, but I forgot you aren't a Packer fan anymore.

:viksux:

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no I meant that he threw it with out even paying attention to what D they were in..

One thing to try and make a play but to just throw it where everyou please would **** me off as a team mate

I put this article up for discussion on another Packer Forum and it was removed.

I did get about 6 responses that where in denial in total hatred that I would even bring it up.

I thought it very interesting and surprising.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SO when he gets mad he makes mistakes? If he was mad at the fans he sure fooled us didn't he by have 2 great games against GB. BTW those two games were near perfect. But hey he always loved Minn and for 16 years he dreamed about being their QB and just led all us fans on for over a decade.

You're right he didn't care about GB. He played hurt all those times because he didn't want to win. He wanted to deep six the team and take the org down with him didn't he. Thats why after getting a cuncussion while playing NY in I believe 04, he came back into the game 2 plays later and threw a td.

And that "selfish" nature of his really destroyed the team didn't it? His most wins ever must be a misprint I know because no QB that could do these things to a team could hold that record.

Hate the guy, but please stop with this foolishness. You are all making yourselves look very bitter and ignorant.

Favre didn't care towards the end of his time in Titletown. He wanted OUT of Green Bay. That can be the only reason why he would want to quit on a team that just weeks before went to the conference championship game. And don't come back with the "TT didn't want him any more" bs. I don't buy it for a minute. All he had to do was tell MM and TT he was coming back. He was under contract. What could TT do then? By 'retiring' he gave Packers' management the red light to move forward. I believe it was McCarthy who didn't want him any more. MM got tired of Favre's attitude and screwups. At that teary PC #4 stated he knew he could play but didn't think he wanted to. Nor did he think he wanted the ball in his hands any more with the game on the line. And guys like you think MM wants his starting QB with that attitude?? I don't think so.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
SO when he gets mad he makes mistakes?

Dude step back for one second and read this quote from Brett again...

Favre acknowledged he was so enraged by a rough sack on the previous play that he simply gunned the ball downfield with no regard to the coverage.

Its one thing to get mad and make a mistake, but he admits to doing this on purpose...

Not if he played hurt, not if he was mad at the fans, he got pissed and did not take the 1 second to figure out the defense and just threw it anyways..

That is a problem if you ask me.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre didn't care towards the end of his time in Titletown. He wanted OUT of Green Bay. That can be the only reason why he would want to quit on a team that just weeks before went to the conference championship game. And don't come back with the "TT didn't want him any more" bs. I don't buy it for a minute. All he had to do was tell MM and TT he was coming back. He was under contract. What could TT do then? By 'retiring' he gave Packers' management the red light to move forward. I believe it was McCarthy who didn't want him any more. MM got tired of Favre's attitude and screwups. At that teary PC #4 stated he knew he could play but didn't think he wanted to. Nor did he think he wanted the ball in his hands any more with the game on the line. And guys like you think MM wants his starting QB with that attitude?? I don't think so.

So now MM is a great coach and we should stand behind him right? Thats not what I was seeing after the bucs game a few weeks ago when most here were questioning him big time. Funny how a little win streak (which hasn't answered jack about the team btw) and you all get back on the wagon. Trust me I will be here when this team pulls the rug our from all of you again.And he did tell them he was comming back, maybe not at the best time but he did. Funny how you leave that little detail out. Its also funny how you seem to know what is going on in his head as well. You must be a pretty close friend or relative to know everthing about his character.

If mcburger got tired of his mistakes then he is a bigger fool than I even think he is. His QB with some help on d gave that team a shot. And you are telling me he was tired of him. Get real. And you indicate that Favre has the wrong attitude? Seriously. The guy wins wherever he goes, you dont get that with the wrong attitude.

I just love how you all expected him to sit back and allow td to build the team for rodgers and be ok with that. You want him to put all the time in while the gm was building the team for post favre. Put yourself in those shoes and ask yourself what would you want to do. Would you want a chance to win or would you want to get your *** handed to you only to see the next guy reap the rewards?

You just sound like a typical pissed off fan because Favre has proven you all wrong so far.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean like that scumb*g AROD who threw his O-Line under the bus when he played against the Patriots?

You mean like that A-Hole AROD who told the fans, "get on the bus, or ****?"....

Yeah..you gotta a real winner there...in Mr. Selfish Golden Boy jerk*** from California.

Just wait til' he faces some adversity...His true colors will come out again.

Lets try to remain on topic..Tired of you derailing it all the time

Why did Brett play bad VS the CARDS

If you cant add to this topic then dont reply

Thanks

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets try to remain on topic..Tired of you derailing it all the time

Why did Brett play bad VS the CARDS

If you cant add to this topic then dont reply

Thanks

Yes back on topic, BF threw and INT in a big game that they were behind in because he was mad at the refs. Emotion over took him and he pulled a Johnny Jolly.

I've seen Childress and assistant coaches bench and chew out AP for a fumble. AP sat out an entire offensive series. Very interesting that BF feels comfortable enough to admit to this. INT verses Fumble, wheres Jackson

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, im not making assumptions as to what his motivations are. Either side could be right, but I wont state things like they are facts.

I am very much ok with what other people think, as it is their righ. But when I see irrational staements,revisionist histroy and hypocrisy, I will call people out on it. When I see people say "he didn't care" or "he made bad play becasuse he is selfish" I will try to set it straight because he was anything but that with how he played.

BF the Packer is different from BF the viking. BF the Packer loved being a Packer, BF the viking is only using the situation to get want he wants, another championship. I don't think he loves being a viking, but he loves to play and to win. He loves the situation more than being a viking.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
SO when he gets mad he makes mistakes? .

Um, yes, he does make mistakes when he gets mad. He just admitted it to the media. I'm not sure why your disagreeing with what Farve said himself?

And yes, at the end of his time in GB he didn't care. Since the mods what us to move on from that topic I'll leave it at that.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um, yes, he does make mistakes when he gets mad. He just admitted it to the media. I'm not sure why your disagreeing with what Farve said himself?

And yes, at the end of his time in GB he didn't care. Since the mods what us to move on from that topic I'll leave it at that.

You made it sound as if that is the only reason he makes mistakes. That was what I was replying to. Yes he admitted this was the case in this game but I don't believe that is why he has made dumb plays in the past. This last game was a classic case of him trying to do too much.

He is also the type that would get pissed after getting a hard hit and then make some incredible plays after. But I guess we should just forget about that because it wont go with the current revisionist argument. It hasn't been just all bad results when he gets angry

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You made it sound as if that is the only reason he makes mistakes. That was what I was replying to. Yes he admitted this was the case in this game but I don't believe that is why he has made dumb plays in the past. This last game was a classic case of him trying to do too much.

He is also the type that would get pissed after getting a hard hit and then make some incredible plays after. But I guess we should just forget about that because it wont go with the current revisionist argument. It hasn't been just all bad results when he gets angry

No you should forget it because that is not what happened in this case...

He ADMITTED to not caring about the defense and just threw it without any REGARDS in the game we are TRYING to discuss

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No you should forget it because that is not what happened in this case...

He ADMITTED to not caring about the defense and just threw it without any REGARDS in the game we are TRYING to discuss

In this case right, but not always is all that I am saying.

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it just shows that BF by himself can not win it by himself at the age of 40. At 40 he knows how to use the weapons around him to produce what they have up until now. With the running game having its problems, the O-line with its injuries,and the defense has its injury problems, BF does not have the supporting cast like he did at the start of the season.

BUt wait according to the several trolls on this forum that means everything you said is all Brents fault. Everything going wrong with that team is Brents fault. Hmm it makes sense now, because everything that goes wrong with the Packers is Rodgers fault.. its all coming together now

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

I know this is nit picking, but it's pretty obvious I was talking about the Cards game. I never generalized that his entire body of work was filled with him flinging balls down field cause he got mad.

I agree with you. He did come back a lot of times and make amazing plays after getting mad. That was his trademark.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BUt wait according to the several trolls on this forum that means everything you said is all Brents fault. Everything going wrong with that team is Brents fault. Hmm it makes sense now, because everything that goes wrong with the Packers is Rodgers fault.. its all coming together now

Isn't it all Brett's fault, really? Or George Bush's??? :)

It's far easier to blame one man than it is to "think" about a problem and put the necessary effort into figuring out the solution. Nah, that'd be too much work. It's easier to throw a dart at a board and make the call.

Members online

Latest posts