Expected Tailgaters

packattack86

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a friend living in the Chicago area who told me over the local news that Green Bay is expected around 200,000 tailgaters on Sunday. I'm not sure if I believe but I am going to be one of the ticketless tailgaters so we'll see.

My Blog

azmedic85308

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got in to Wisconsin last night and it is insanely COLD!!! However I am going to attempt to brave the elements and tailgate tomorrow.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got in to Wisconsin last night and it is insanely COLD!!! However I am going to attempt to brave the elements and tailgate tomorrow.
Welcome to WISCONSIN!!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was 13 below zero here in the U.P., probably colder in some places, not exactly tailgating weather.
More like tail freezing weather.
I don't even KNOW what the temp is outside.......it's probably around zero. And it's "sunny" out, so it LOOKS warm!
(Looks are SO deceiving!!!) :lol:

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be interesting to say the least......

Green Bay forecast:

Tonight: Bitterly cold. Partly cloudy skies. Dangerous wind chills may approach -35F. Low -14F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow: Snow flurries or snow showers. Very cold. Dangerous wind chills may approach -35F. High 3F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I'll be there again. I bought some foot warmers and hand warmers today. Our friends are going to have some kind of canopy or tent to help keep us warm. And we're going to get there two hours before the game, instead of three.

What worries me is that there is going to be a little more wind than originally forecast, at least during the day. Here's the official forecast for Green Bay from the NOAA web site:

Sunday: Sunny and cold, with a high near 3. Wind chill values between -25 and -35. West wind between 10 and 13 mph.

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -6. Wind chill values between -15 and -20. West northwest wind between 3 and 8 mph.

Note that the wind will be dying down at night, so conditions should actually get less unpleasant in spite of the falling temperatures.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Well, I'll be there again. I bought some foot warmers and hand warmers today. Our friends are going to have some kind of canopy or tent to help keep us warm. And we're going to get there two hours before the game, instead of three.

Be careful Greg.....did you see the addendum?

Special Weather Statement

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREEN BAY WI
523 PM CST SAT JAN 19 2008

WIZ039-200600-
BROWN-
INCLUDING THE CITY OF...GREEN BAY
523 PM CST SAT JAN 19 2008

...COLD WEATHER EXPECTED SUNDAY...

AN ARCTIC AIRMASS WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT GREEN BAY AND NORTHEAST
WISCONSIN ON SUNDAY. MORNING LOW TEMPERATURES WILL REACH NEAR 17
BELOW ZERO IN GREEN BAY...WITH WIND CHILLS AS COLD AS 35 BELOW.

SUNNY SKIES DURING THE DAY WILL ONLY HELP A LITTLE. AFTERNOON
HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL REACH NEAR 3 ABOVE. A WEST WIND OF 10 MPH
WILL PRODUCE LATE AFTERNOON WIND CHILLS OF 10 TO 15 BELOW.

IF YOU HAVE PLANS TO BE OUTSIDE SUNDAY...MAKE SURE YOU ARE DRESSED
FOR THE WEATHER. SEVERAL LAYERS OF LIGHT CLOTHING PROVIDE MORE
WARMTH THAN A SINGLE HEAVY LAYER. BE SURE TO WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES
OR MITTENS. AVOID ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES...THEY CAUSE THE BODY TO
LOSE HEAT MORE RAPIDLY.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was outside walking around today, it was cold (here in Iowa) it was about -30 wind chill.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's 5 AM in Green Bay. The temperature is -11 and the wind is from the west at 13 mph. Wind chill is -35.

I'm still in Marquette, MI, and my thermometer says -10. I'll be driving down to the game with my sister today. I hope the heater in her van is working well.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
It's 5 AM in Green Bay. The temperature is -11 and the wind is from the west at 13 mph. Wind chill is -35.

I'm still in Marquette, MI, and my thermometer says -10. I'll be driving down to the game with my sister today. I hope the heater in her van is working well.
Watch for frostbite Greg!!!Be VERY careful!!!

Erick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
. BE SURE TO WEAR A HAT AND GLOVES
OR MITTENS. AVOID ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES...THEY CAUSE THE BODY TO
LOSE HEAT MORE RAPIDLY.

Avoid alcohol? What is this guy thinking?? Scientifically, drinking booze helps you stay warm. It dilutes your blood with a natural anti-freeze!

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor nor do I know much about doctorin'

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In line with that warning, it was just announced that they have cancelled all beer concessions at Lambeau and will have medics with brethalyzers at the gates. You need a BAC less than .1 to enter.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
In line with that warning, it was just announced that they have cancelled all beer concessions at Lambeau and will have medics with brethalyzers at the gates. You need a BAC less than .1 to enter.
Yeah.....RIGHT!!!! :lol: