Eric Winston

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Kansas City Chiefs just released LT Eric Winston. Winston is a very, very good Left Tackle. Marshall Newhouse is improving, but the Packers are a Super Bowl team. Numerous website are assuming this is "the year the Packers sign a free agent". Any chance the Packers give him a look?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Kansas City Chiefs just released LT Eric Winston. Winston is a very, very good Left Tackle. Marshall Newhouse is improving, but the Packers are a Super Bowl team. Numerous website are assuming this is "the year the Packers sign a free agent". Any chance the Packers give him a look?

He is a RT not a LT

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not if you ask him...

Well for someone to say he's a left tackle I'd at least expect them to see him play that position recently.

I don't know how he would perform at the LT position but I'm intrigued. I expect the price to be reasonable

H

HardRightEdge

Winston's a RT...not exactly the main issue.

It looks like KC cut him to get under the cap for the 3/12 deadline. They still don't even have enough room to sign Canty, or their draft class for that matter, without more cuts. I think it's safe to say Matt Cassel will not survive the next few day.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Well let's see. We have Rodgers, Matthews, Raji and Finley, James Jones and the entire secondary.
I don't know how we're going to fit them all under the cap. THe O-line is coming up too. You just can't release all of these contributors.
You don't want to wait for the last year of a rookie contract so it will be amazing to me if TT can get all these guys signed. UDFA is the way to go obviously, let's hope for some gems.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Sorry, that year was last year. You know what happens when you assume. :D

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Winston is still a good player. What intrigues me more than the idea of possibly signing him, is why he's been cut by twice in the past two years.

Alas, this Draft Class is ripe with talent at Offensive Line, so would we even want him? If we did it'd certainly open up our draft.

Decisions, Decisions.

Members online

Latest posts