1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Eagles dream team?

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Bogart, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115 / 1 / -0
    I am enjoying this right now, but I'm not going to call their season over. In 2007 San Diego was given lots of hype, everyone gave up on them after a 1-3 start, and then they nearly beat the undefeated Patriots in the AFC title game.
  2. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115 / 1 / -0
    I am enjoying this right now, but I'm not going to call their season over. In 2007 San Diego was given lots of hype, everyone gave up on them after a 1-3 start, and then they nearly beat the undefeated Patriots in the AFC title game.
  3. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I think Philly could still win some games, but for a total collapse, hand that to Mark Sanchezzy and the Jets.

Sanchez single handedly had 4 turnovers all on his own, and still can't even complete 50% of his passes.

Jets have a tough, tough schedule coming up. I won't be surprised if they go 8-8 or 9-7 this year so Rex Ryan can go sign anyone and everyone possible that hates the Pats or has had success against them (Plaxico Burress) and then brag during the off season how great they are going to be, and making it to the Super Bowl.
  4. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Dream team is still alive but just barely. They may of saved their season today but they still have a long road ahead of them. Trouble is now Philly fans think the team is back in it and they have a chance. I think they have a chance but it may be too little too late. But keep a watch on the Eagles, nonetheless. Philly teams tend to pick up steam in going into the second half of the season. If this team starts to gel, it could mean trouble in the NFC east, mainly. But still something to keep our eyes on. There is a lot of talent on that team.
  5. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    Agree. There is still talent on the Eagles to make some noise if they can pull it together. I see the wild card race being a tough one in the NFC for that last spot too assuming the Packers/Lions both get in as of now.

The NFC East is not going to be settled early either. Sadly the team I feel has blown it most is Dallas.
  6. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +138 / 3 / -1
    I think the only way they can save their season is by winning out the rest of the season now, maybe they can afford 1 loss.
    They are in a division where all the teams are mediocre, even themselves. So the competition is going to be tough, I wreckon you could call their season over when they reach 6 losses. Which will happen.
  7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,622 / 77 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    Mooch on NFLN just said they are the 2nd best team in the NFL right now, behind the Packers.

Not sure who they were interviewing on the radio last night, but the player said 1st 3 or 4 weeks w/o the offseason it was hard for them to click..Now that they have had a month, they are now trusting each other and things are now coming easier for the whole defense
  8. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +172 / 7 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I'm hoping they lose a couple more games, the G-men go 11-5 or so and the Buccs or Falcons only lose a couple more games. So the Eagles don't even make the playoffs because their record is so poor. Go Giants

So the NFC would look like this,
    Packers
    49ers
    Saints
    Giants
    Lions
    (Hopefully an NFC South team)
  9. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Currently, the NFC Playoff picture looks like this:

#1: Green Bay Packers....7-0
    #2: San Francisco 49ers..6-1
    #3: New York Giants......5-2
    #4: New Orleans Saints...5-3
    #5: Detroit Lions........6-2
    #6: Chicago Bears........4-3

Yes, the Chicago Bears would make it in currently as a 6th seeded Wild Card team. I'm surprised at how well the NFC North's doing, considering every team with the exception of the Vikings from that division would make it in by now.
  10. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +383 / 2 / -0
    NFC North has also proved they are stronger than the NFC South this year.
  11. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    The Eagles still have a long way to go. They've managed to right their ship for the moment but, the problem is, it may be too little, too late. Many of the players in post game interviews last night responded to the interviewer's hype with cautious optimism. Knowing Eagle's fans this will have them back on the road to the SB. They are already saying the Packers are afraid of the Eagles. Here is the thing, they technically could still win the division. The NFC East is in shambles right now, it's pretty much anybodies for the taking and somebody has to get in from their division. I don't know if I believe the Eagles comeback is legit. I can tell you this for sure, having been born and raised in Philly, I've seen this road before, and it never ends well. For the Eagles, the pile of gold at the end of the rainbow is usually a pile of :poop:.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +761 / 22 / -11
    That means the Vikings are only 2.5 games out of a wildcard spot at he moment. :)
  13. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +761 / 22 / -11
    NFC north vs NFC South so far. 8-3.
  14. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    For all you know they could be and I'm not being sarcastic. You guys have Ponder and momentum and you're winning games. You'd have to pray for a Lions or Bears meltdown, though. But I think you'd have just as much a chance of getting in as the Eagles.
  15. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Raptorman, I love your optimism.
  16. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +761 / 22 / -11
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +162 / 5 / -1
    I think the eagles will end up making the playoffs
  18. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    They're an average team that beat an average team last night, simple as that.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,667 / 62 / -35
    Packer Fan Since:
    The Eagles are the team who matches up best against us.
    If I had to choose one team who would possibly beat us in the playoffs, I take Philly.

Who would you take?
    This is on record.
  20. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47 / 4 / -0
    Eagles did look good last night,reason was they had a lot of field to play with .The cowboys were way off witch opened up the running game,the corners weren't playing very well don't know what Ryans game plan was,but Ware was not happy o-line played awful that to me, is why they looked so good.
  21. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Fine then, the Vikings are done, ships sunk, Viking horn cleaved in two. Is that better? :)
  22. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 8 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    That's a good point, consider the opponent. The Cowboys are not all that great themselves, they are inconsistent at best. A romping like this is not all that uncommon in divisional games especially when you consider the state of the NFC East.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +956 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    And if Vick keeps diving head first at the defense on his running plays, he won't finish the "dream season".
  24. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +184 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Vick is such an enigma, he makes a lot of bone-head plays but he (hate to open the wound) beat the Pack at home in the 2003 playoffs. God, I was so mad when the Falcons killed us 27-7 AT HOME!!!!! :mad::mad:
  25. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    A part of me wants to feel for Dallas, probably because I talk with some older fellas every week that are die hard Dallas fans, even from the state of Texas, but then the other side of me reminds me why I have hated the Cowboys for so long lol.

They have the right offensive coach for a pass heavy team, but average to overrated receivers, a quarterback I would never depend on in a clutch game, nice running accessory set in the back field, and a big mouth defensive coordinator that talks too much.