Eagles dream team?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Stop talking about the Eagles or other competitive teams in the NFC. Longtimefan will think you're disguising your fear of those opposing teams.
You know, if you talk about them you must be disguising your fear of them.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philadelphia needs to win the next 4 games for me to even acknowledge they're a legitimate contender. They're not a top 6 seed in the NFC right now.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Any Reid is usually perfect coming off a bye week in the regular season. The Eagles winning and winning big did not shock me. The Colts played the Eagles last year as well when they came off a bye.

I still have to see more from the Eagles. The Giants are certainly an up and down team but Eli is playing too solid for me to count them out right now.

Giants do have some tough games coming up. They go to NE and to San Fran.

They play GB. They play at the Jets. They go to NO too.

Hmmm......

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philadelphia needs to win the next 4 games for me to even acknowledge they're a legitimate contender. They're not a top 6 seed in the NFC right now.

I agree as far as them being a legit contender but if they somehow manage to win their division, which is possible, they will make the playoffs.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Any Reid is usually perfect coming off a bye week in the regular season. The Eagles winning and winning big did not shock me. The Colts played the Eagles last year as well when they came off a bye.

I still have to see more from the Eagles. The Giants are certainly an up and down team but Eli is playing too solid for me to count them out right now.

Giants do have some tough games coming up. They go to NE and to San Fran.

They play GB. They play at the Jets. They go to NO too.

Hmmm......

Eli is playing great this year, and he's proving everyone wrong after he led the league in interceptions last year. I have to say, he deserves credit and is not is getting it.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Eli is playing great this year, and he's proving everyone wrong after he led the league in interceptions last year. I have to say, he deserves credit and is not is getting it.

Which makes me wonder what happens in NE this weekend. Eli has never been scared of the Pats. I hope they take a page out of the Steelers book and just chuck it all over the place.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Which makes me wonder what happens in NE this weekend. Eli has never been scared of the Pats. I hope they take a page out of the Steelers book and just chuck it all over the place.

New England's defense is so terrible, Eli will probably have 350+ passing yards or even 400.

On other message boards, people talk as if Bill Belichek is some genius defensively, genius my ***, his defense was TERRIBLE last year and he won 14 games off shoot outs, then this year, they are even worse. Go sign a bunch of big names and do nothing.

I remember when he got Albert Haynesworth, people were saying he was a genius then, but if John Fox, Rivera, or any other coach picked him up, they would have been called "stupid" when Belichek's defense is so awful they are last ranked in the league. No one should be scared of them anymore.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Actually they didn't chuck it all over the place. They managed the clock, mixing in the run with short sharp passing plays. If you control the clock against NE and keep pressure on Brady, he gets impatient and exasperated. That's what the Steelers did.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
furthermore i love seeing them pay big in the offseason for these star players and then suck miserably

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who still thinks Andy Reid won't be fired????

I don't think they will fire Andy Reid. He's going to be taking a lot of flack for this, though. It will fall on his head but I don't think they will be so quick to take his head off. This team needs time to grow. They had no time in the off season for practice and had a lot of new players. It was unrealistic to expect them to gel instantly. This is hardly the fault of Andy Reid, but nonetheless, he will take the blame as they traded McNabb and can no longer blame it all on him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just noticed..Why is this in the Packer forum, and not the NFL forum?

Good question. I think because some were talking about how the 'Dream Team" would affect the Packers but it is more of an Eagles thread than anything else. I think people post stuff in the Packers thread because they figure more people will see it.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You gotta give them credit. They played a tough team hard in the Cardinals 'till the end.

...I had a hard time typing that with a straight face.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they will fire Andy Reid. He's going to be taking a lot of flack for this, though. It will fall on his head but I don't think they will be so quick to take his head off. This team needs time to grow. They had no time in the off season for practice and had a lot of new players. It was unrealistic to expect them to gel instantly. This is hardly the fault of Andy Reid, but nonetheless, he will take the blame as they traded McNabb and can no longer blame it all on him.
They loaded up this team with free agents to make the run at the Super Bowl or bust. You gave considerable logic as to why he will be fired. They went bust and so will Andy Reid.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
They loaded up this team with free agents to make the run at the Super Bowl or bust. You gave considerable logic as to why he will be fired. They went bust and so will Andy Reid.

I wouldn't fire him if it were me. I'd already be focusing on 2012. But the Eagles make boneheaded moves all the time so it wouldn't surprise me if they fired him at the end of the season. I just fail to see how firing Andy Reid is supposed to make the Eagle's situation any better. IMO, it'll make it even worse. Then, they'd need to learn to work with a new head coach and that could either help them or destroy them even more. They are in a precarious spot right now, I think firing the head coach would cause unrest. I'm thinking of what it could do to the psyche or spirit of the team. I strongly think it would be detrimental.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't fire him if it were me. I'd already be focusing on 2012. But the Eagles make boneheaded moves all the time so it wouldn't surprise me if they fired him at the end of the season. I just fail to see how firing Andy Reid is supposed to make the Eagle's situation any better. IMO, it'll make it even worse. Then, they'd need to learn to work with a new head coach and that could either help them or destroy them even more. They are in a precarious spot right now, I think firing the head coach would cause unrest. I'm thinking of what it could do to the psyche or spirit of the team. I strongly think it would be detrimental.
Firing the head coach always causes a bit of unrest, but sometimes that is positive. I think the Eagles are also focusing on 2012 but with a look back at 2011. There is nothing positive going on with them right now so I don't see how a new guy would be that much of a negative. When a team has failed to live up to expectations the coach is the guy who gets the credit.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Firing the head coach always causes a bit of unrest, but some of that is positive. I think the Eagles are also focusing on 2012 but with a look back at 2011. There is nothing positive going on with them right now so I don't see how a new guy would be that much of a negative. When a team has failed to live up to expectations the coach is the guy who gets the credit.

Firing the head coach at midseason worked for the Cowboys with Wade. Anytime something goes wrong, the first person people blame is the head coach. With Wade, it was entirely plausible. I've got to stick up for Reid here. The Eagles have a lot of problems and there are a lot of unanswered questions but they are not the singular fault of any one player or coach, least of all Reid. If anybody should be sacked it should be the offensive coordinator. I'm drawing a blank on his name right now but he was moved from defensive coordinator to offensive coordinator this year and I think that move proved disastrous. If they don't fire him they should at least move him somewhere else and start shopping for a new offensive coordinator.

I'd like to hear your reasoning on why Reid should be fired. Do you think the Eagles disaster of a season is his fault? Do you think he could of done anything differently to save the season? What would you of done if you were him? I have to wonder if they do fire him, are they going to just say screw all of you and clean house. That's extreme, but knowing Philly sports, you can't configure logic into the equation.

Members online

Latest posts