Do you want the Pack to lose to the Giants in regular season..so they dont lose in playoffs?

L

Lunchboxer

If we get the giants later in the season and Both teams will make playoffs do you think we should just lose to them. Last couple of times we beat them In regular season and lose to the playoffs.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to dump on you Lunchboxer, but that's the kind of statistical thinking that you get from the armchair. You play to win every game, every time you are on the field. I know that this has bitten us in the butt before (2010 Packers/Cardinals; 2011 Packers/Giants) but you don't take the fight out of the dog for any reason.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Beating them or losing to them in the regular season guarantees nothing in the playoffs and there's no causal relationship between winning in the regular season and then losing to them in the playoffs so no, IMO McCarthy and his staff shouldn't sit starters or otherwise coach the team to lose to the Giants. This is off topic but IMO the only way to "get revenge" against the Giants is to beat them in the playoffs or win the Super Bowl. Even if the Packers win in a blowout against them in the regular season it won't make up for the playoff loss.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do I want to lose? No.

But if it's week 17 and we have everything wrapped up I would like to see a vanilla game plan.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll let Herm Edwards state my position on this matter:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely not, play to beat them! Not just beat them, destroy them. Im guessing this will be a primetime game, snf?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing to lose sends a message to your players that contradicts what they should have drilled into them about playing with 100% effort, never giving up, etc. I think you undermine your team's moral if as a coaching staff you don't give every effort to win all the time.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
What makes us all assume a team who barely got 9 regular season wins last year makes it back to the playoffs?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but the idea that losing to them in the regular season will somehow ensure us a victory over them in the playoffs is just dumb. There is no relation between the two. None.

FWIW, I hope we embarrass and humiliate them when we play them later in the year. It should be us vs. them in the season opener, not the wimpy Cowgirls. That alone should **** this team off even more so than normal.

F*ck the New Jersey Giants. Take no prisoners.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
What makes us all assume a team who barely got 9 regular season wins last year makes it back to the playoffs?

I know right? Eli, per usual will probably have another poor statistical season. He's one of the most inconsistent QB's in the league from year to year. I'm guessing at least 20 interceptions. Eli's poor play will rub off on the rest of the team like it usually does. Including their defensive line, which despite how stacked it is, only plays to a high level when they feel like it.

Besides with their schedule, and if the Eagles can get their **** together in the offseason, they probably will go 9-7 again, maybe even worse

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You always play to win.
I think the critical error Packers coaches made they looked at the win and did not adjust very much. The regular season game turned on two questionable calls by the refs. Ballard's knee was down in the end zone so it was a TD. Jennings TD catch juggling really wasn't a catch. (same type play was not a catch for the Ravens in AFC Champ game.) Had those calls been right that game is a loss by 2 scores. They would have changed game planning a lot for playoff game. They had a false sense of security. That combined with Giants defense being healthy gave you the playoff lose. The are games where get the W and really did not earn it. When that happens you need to know it.

L

Lunchboxer

You always play to win.
I think the critical error Packers coaches made they looked at the win and did not adjust very much. The regular season game turned on two questionable calls by the refs. Ballard's knee was down in the end zone so it was a TD. Jennings TD catch juggling really wasn't a catch. (same type play was not a catch for the Ravens in AFC Champ game.) Had those calls been right that game is a loss by 2 scores. They would have changed game planning a lot for playoff game. They had a false sense of security. That combined with Giants defense being healthy gave you the playoff lose. The are games where get the W and really did not earn it. When that happens you need to know it.

Also in that playoff game. The players mental mindset was not right. All the drop balls means something mental was wrong. I think Joe Philbin son passing away played a very big role in the Mental Lapse in that game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I know right? Eli, per usual will probably have another poor statistical season. He's one of the most inconsistent QB's in the league from year to year. I'm guessing at least 20 interceptions. Eli's poor play will rub off on the rest of the team like it usually does. Including their defensive line, which despite how stacked it is, only plays to a high level when they feel like it.

Besides with their schedule, and if the Eagles can get their **** together in the offseason, they probably will go 9-7 again, maybe even worse

Both the Manning brothers have the toughest schedules in the league I think.

Why is every year I see the Pats schedule and groan?
http://www.patriots.com/news/articl...nnounced/905f0f14-0115-420c-a677-9e90869f11f8

Good God. There are like only a few teams again I can see them losing to.

I wonder what the odds are for the same two first seeds in the league again for this year lol. I think the Packers have a tiny bit tougher based on the start of the season though looking more challenging then starting at TN and then at home vs. Arizona.:rolleyes:

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also in that playoff game. The players mental mindset was not right. All the drop balls means something mental was wrong. I think Joe Philbin son passing away played a very big role in the Mental Lapse in that game.

Those missed could well been timing off just wee bit via the pass rush and better coverage. I am sure the coaches son had some effect.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both the Manning brothers have the toughest schedules in the league I think.

Why is every year I see the Pats schedule and groan?
http://www.patriots.com/news/articl...nnounced/905f0f14-0115-420c-a677-9e90869f11f8

Good God. There are like only a few teams again I can see them losing to.

I wonder what the odds are for the same two first seeds in the league again for this year lol. I think the Packers have a tiny bit tougher based on the start of the season though looking more challenging then starting at TN and then at home vs. Arizona.:rolleyes:

Giants play 7 playoff teams........ plus Cowboys and Eagles twice... that is 11 hard games. The Redskins had their number last year on top of that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ight-football/2012/04/17/gIQAwur6OT_blog.html

Broncos play 7 playoff teams too
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hedule-full-listing-of-dates-time-and-tv-info

Packers play 6 ....

Agree the Pats got it easy again.

Buc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ma
Maybe cuz they just won the Superbowl.

Also the Giants were really 13-7 last year.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You always play to win. That is what you have to do. Heck Green Bay Packers should pull out all stops to try amnd beat NY Giants in the regular season because Packers have absolutely no chance against Giants in the post season.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
If we get the giants later in the season and Both teams will make playoffs do you think we should just lose to them. Last couple of times we beat them In regular season and lose to the playoffs.

Lunchboxer, I am assuming that this thread was intended to be "tongue-in-cheek" because, if not, I have to assume that somewhere there is a village out there in search of its idiot. j/k

Members online

Latest posts