Do you like the Championship Belt?

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Record 12 NFL World Championships

"League annals show 12 World Championships, the most in the NFL (the next closest team is the Chicago Bears, with nine). The first three were decided by league standing, the next six by the NFL title game, and the final three by Super Bowl victories. The Packers are also the only team to win three consecutive NFL titles, having accomplished this twice (1929-30-31 under Lambeau and 1965-66-67 under Vince Lombardi)."

Green Bay Packers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

is that unbiased or is wikipedia a secret packer fan?
From your Link:
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions"]Super Bowl Championships[/ame] (1)
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_NFL_season"]1996[/ame] ([ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXI"]XXXI[/ame])

BTW, Much nicer picture. Beautiful. My youngest daughter looks just like you. She is my Angel.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Nice UnBiased website there. lol
You are comparing Apples to Hand-grenades.If Packer fans want to hang onto those aged Championships before all the Teams were in the same league and long after the shine has worn off, that's fine by me. By all means,have a ball. Just like a 1940's Screen Beauty thinking she can still dine out on her looks in 2011. Just don't get your ******* in a bunch because nobody else see's the relevance. Just as beauty fades with age,so does Championship Titles that have zero relevance in the Modern NFL Era.

Enjoy the Super Bowl. You folks are playing the Steelers.
The Children of Zambia,Nicaragua,Congo and Haiti will thank the Green Bay Packers for the new tee shirts and hats that will inevitably end up there.
Cheers

So let's see. First you think we've only won one Super Bowl.

Duh.

Next, you suggest (but don't come out and say) that because the first two Super Bowls were played before Vince Lombardi passed away, that the trophies were somehow "different".

Now, when I post a list of historical facts, you claim the very list is biased. Okay. Whatever. Look it up anywhere you like - it will say the same thing.

You should have looked it up before you started talking in the first place, because you made a real fool of yourself. You hit bottom with a thud on that "one trophy" post and kept digging.

As for the history of this team - you know, the league is constantly changing. In twenty years when there are more teams and their fans refuse to recognize the Steelers Super Bowl trophies as valid for some random reason they pull out of their assets, I hope you'll remember this conversation.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
everyone knows the packers suck i mean remember how we lost to the number 1, 2, and 3 seed in the playoffs... o wait we didnt so i guess we are alright

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Record 12 NFL World Championships

"League annals show 12 World Championships, the most in the NFL (the next closest team is the Chicago Bears, with nine). The first three were decided by league standing, the next six by the NFL title game, and the final three by Super Bowl victories. The Packers are also the only team to win three consecutive NFL titles, having accomplished this twice (1929-30-31 under Lambeau and 1965-66-67 under Vince Lombardi)."

Green Bay Packers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

is that unbiased or is wikipedia a secret packer fan?

You are a beautiful girl, Brittany - thought so before, even more now. Proud of the way you handle yourself here, too.

P.S. I STILL LOVE THE BELT.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
hahaha watching brittany beat up on these guys is hilarious. what can i say she learned from the best

LombardiChick

Reaction score
So your gonna give up your SB wins when they go over 50 years of age? Since their old then they just don't matter since the game will have changed so much since those times.

Who makes the decision when an old title becomes obsolete and can't be counted in the total? You? Me? Santa Claus? Hmmmm I guess I'd rather let the NFL decide that since it's their league!! Since they say they count, I think I'll count em too.

Be content you've won the most championships in the SB era. That's no small feat and impressive. I openly admit it's a harder thing to do today with 32 teams. We'll be content to have won the most all time.

Your team was founded in 1933 and had just as many chances to win Championships back in those days as the Packers and failed to do anything until 1974.

I missed this at first - must have been composing. Just want to say it was excellent.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to clarify: A "championship" prior to the merger was only against the NFC teams, wasn't it? If so, what's the difference between a pre-merger "championship" and a post-merger "NFC title"?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Just to clarify: A "championship" prior to the merger was only against the NFC teams, wasn't it? If so, what's the difference between a pre-merger "championship" and a post-merger "NFC title"?

No, since your team for instance was in the NFL before the merger and then switched into the AFC. It means the Championships from those times count against AFC and NFC teams. You team has been in the League nearly as long as the Packers. Again, your team failed to gain any championships until 1974.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
negatory.
The NFL-AFL merger occurred in 1970.
The teams in the NFL for the 1969 season were:
Dallas Cowboys
Washington Redskins
New Orleans Saints
Philadelphia Eagles
Los Angeles Rams
Baltimore Colts
Atlanta Falcons
San Francisco 49ers
Cleveland Browns
New York Giants
St. Louis Cardinals
Pittsburgh Steelers
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears

The teams in the AFL for the 1969 season were:
New York Jets
Houston Oilers
Boston Patriots
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Denver Broncos
Cincinnati Bengals

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
which btw means that when we won those championships we had to be better than everyone in the NFL to win them

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Claiming the first championships the Packers have won are irrelevant today is like saying the very first world series title the Yankees won doesn't matter either.
So if your gonna take away the Packers first championships then none of the first ones matter to any other team in any other sport. Right?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya know, a QB hardly, and I mean very very rarley gets into the end zone. The majority of the time it's another offensive player.
And for a QB, he has to start back a lot farther to get in.
So for A-Rod to break thru that tough wall, he deserves to put on the belt. Every single time he gets in there and scores the TD.
And I don't think it's cocky or arrogant in any way. He should have his pride for getting in there.
He's just saying "Hey. I made it in here."
How is that being cocky?

OP
OP
Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Claiming the first championships the Packers have won are irrelevant today is like saying the very first world series title the Yankees won doesn't matter either.
So if your gonna take away the Packers first championships then none of the first ones matter to any other team in any other sport. Right?
i mean 4 of the steelers super bowls were in the seventys and that is ancienct history

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the title belt. I'll take it over the "Mendenhall dry ******* Roethlisberger on the turf" celebration any day.

Just sayin.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

what if we merge with the arena football league?!?! or Canada ( OOOOOOOOOOO Canada O Canada) then do we wipe away the steelers titles?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
OMFG

These are the official stats of the NFL

Get the NFL to change how they view it then people wont count it..

Until then grow up, stop being argumentative on it all

Team » Green Bay Packers

Super Bowl Championships:
I, II, XXXI

NFL Championships:
1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967

Team » Pittsburgh Steelers

Super Bowl Championships:
IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII

Steelers have no other NFL Championships

Bleachertees

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what does everyone think of the term beltified? i've seen rodgers use it a few times, so i made a shirt with it and am hoping it catches on.

Attachments

• Beltified Deep Forest.jpg
    Beltified Deep Forest.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 132

Staff online

Latest posts