Discuss the PFDL

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
If you have any suggestions for changes to the league then post them here. We can hold a vote on each item after the draft.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have any suggestions for changes to the league then post them here. We can hold a vote on each item after the draft.
I closed the other thread and will bring the discussion here.
Should we / could we look into expanding the league? 2 more teams to spread the talent out wider. As is, teams typically have deep enough rosters to weather the bye weeks plus a full IR list, as long as one position isn't decimated. Even then streaming the position sometimes works. I get more trade offers and action in my 16 & 20 team redraft leagues than I do here. Ignoring trades for draft slots that is.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I closed the other thread and will bring the discussion here.
Should we / could we look into expanding the league? 2 more teams to spread the talent out wider. As is, teams typically have deep enough rosters to weather the bye weeks plus a full IR list, as long as one position isn't decimated. Even then streaming the position sometimes works. I get more trade offers and action in my 16 & 20 team redraft leagues than I do here. Ignoring trades for draft slots that is.
I think the best option would be to make the roster benches by a few spots unless 2 people REALLY want dynasty teams. If we added two teams then they are guaranteed the #1 and #2 picks in next years draft to compensate. Also, benches would be made smaller by 5 spots.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reducing roster sizes just puts better people available for waivers.
That's the challenge. To build a team you have to do it thru the draft and smart player pickups. If we add 2 teams then yes, decrease roster 2 spots. But if we dont increase, I say keep roster size the same.

As far as expansion, do it like NHL. Each gm make a few players avail and let em build their roster that way, taking your players away.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amish, that is the best solution.

Existing GMs choose 2 or 3 keepers
New GMs take turns picking from existing GMs' teams only for x amount of rounds.

Existing GMs make final claim of what's leftover after the GM draft.

Then round z begins a redraft for all GMs with the new roster size n depth charts in mind.

It's like a soft reboot of the league and gives new teams competitive rosters.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Although the numbers can be tweaked, assuming adding 2 teams, I was thinking of the expansion draft consisting of:
Existing teams keep a starting roster - not including flex players.
Existing GM's keep 5 more skill players - no kickers or defenses.
That totals 14 players per team kept and makes 150+ currently rostered players available.
New GMs then pick but each existing team can lose only 2 players per position. These players cannot be traded for one full season except back to their original team.
New teams draft 1 & 2 in first and 2nd round then alternate 5 picks each after round 2 and before round 3. No more draft picks.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although the numbers can be tweaked, assuming adding 2 teams, I was thinking of the expansion draft consisting of:
Existing teams keep a starting roster - not including flex players.
Existing GM's keep 5 more skill players - no kickers or defenses.
That totals 14 players per team kept and makes 150+ currently rostered players available.
New GMs then pick but each existing team can lose only 2 players per position. These players cannot be traded for one full season except back to their original team.
New teams draft 1 & 2 in first and 2nd round then alternate 5 picks each after round 2 and before round 3. No more draft picks.

Yea that is about the right way to do it. Similar to my dynasty league expanded

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amish, that is the best solution.

Existing GMs choose 2 or 3 keepers
New GMs take turns picking from existing GMs' teams only for x amount of rounds.

Existing GMs make final claim of what's leftover after the GM draft.

Then round z begins a redraft for all GMs with the new roster size n depth charts in mind.

It's like a soft reboot of the league and gives new teams competitive rosters.
No. I was thinking 20 keepers. Not 2 or 3! The expansion teams would instantly be the favorites to win. I picked up another team in Woodys keeper league. I had no keepers. Took me 4 years to build up the talent but I was very competitive last year.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
No. I was thinking 20 keepers. Not 2 or 3! The expansion teams would instantly be the favorites to win. I picked up another team in Woodys keeper league. I had no keepers. Took me 4 years to build up the talent but I was very competitive last year.
I think he was advocating for the existing GMs to have their 2-3 keepers and then everybody redrafts.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poppa’s idea looks like the most reasonable option, if we decide to go with an expansion. I wouldn’t support any option that left me with only 2-3 keepers though.