Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
One thing to consider about Evero.

Because of the NFL’s stupid, racist rules, if Evero was a DC in Green Bay and then got hired as a HC, they’d get a 3rd round pick.

Reaction score
ok. I’ll do it :coffee:

I’m not afraid of the FIRE Oldschool threads that’ll be kindling before I set foot in GB. Can’t wait to try out my new 6-1 DB 1/4’s concept

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thread already for this, I say combine for streamline of thoughts/discussions.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing to consider about Evero.

Because of the NFL’s stupid, racist rules, if Evero was a DC in Green Bay and then got hired as a HC, they’d get a 3rd round pick.
I'm not interested in diversity hires, whether it includes a potential bribe or not. I want the best man for the job independent of the concentration of melanin in his skin.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost recoiled in horror. The Dolphins announced Fangio himself was let go. I was thinking "Packers don't you dare..."
Thank God the Eagles stepped in front of this bullet.

Adam Schefter is reporting Fangio is headed for the Eagles to replace Desai.
<whew>

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm not interested in diversity hires, whether it includes a potential bribe or not. I want the best man for the job independent of the concentration of melanin in his skin.

Right. And it’s a travesty that ethnically prejudicial hiring practices are even allowed. They’re illegal.

But a lot of us like Evero anyways.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I almost recoiled in horror. The Dolphins announced Fangio himself was let go. I was thinking "Packers don't you dare..."
Thank God the Eagles stepped in front of this bullet.

Adam Schefter is reporting Fangio is headed for the Eagles to replace Desai.
<whew>

??

Fangio is probably the single best DC in the league and a perfect hire because he isn’t a HC candidate.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vrbel would be my #1 candidate. However, he may want to find another HC job or at least head back to being a HC if he has success as a DC.
I'd be happy with Vrabl also, but with the same concern as you it'd be one and done.
My top choice right now would be a Eviro.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
??

Fangio is probably the single best DC in the league and a perfect hire because he isn’t a HC candidate.
We ditched Joe Barry because we didn't like his Fangio scheme.
So, we're gonna bring in the originator of the scheme?

No. The Fangio tree is withered and he's the only one left. Let the Eagles die on that hill.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Anthony Weaver of the Ravens been mentioned yet? JJ Watt was just singing his praises on the McAfee show.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Vrabl also, but with the same concern as you it'd be one and done.
My top choice right now would be a Eviro.
Even Evero would be a risk to leave soon, since he's been interviewing for head coaching positions.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No. The Fangio tree is withered and he's the only one left. Let the Eagles die on that hill.
I guess that's why MLF has rejected Brandon Staley as a candidate - Joe Barry worked under him with the Rams.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Even Evero would be a risk to leave soon, since he's been interviewing for head coaching positions.
I think you have that predicament with any really solid DC. I guessing Joe Barry's phone has never been ringing off the hook, with people wanting him to be a head coach. ;)

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

There is nothing inherently broken in "the scheme." And if you follow Fangio back through his lengthy history in the NFL, you'll find that his defenses aren't cookie-cutter.

There are always fad schemes in the NFL. The reason why some guys within the fad continue to succeed while others fail is that some of them are architects who understand it all from the inside and can evolve it over time, while other guys are journeymen who can install what they learned somewhere else and then it works or it doesn't.

Besides, Barry isn't a Fangio disciple. He was billed that way simply because he spent one season prior to GB hiring him with Brandon Staley and he has used a lot of 2 high shell (which the entire league has...).

He cut his teeth under Monte Kiffin and the tampa 2.

The rest of his time in the NFL has been spent primarily under John Pagano and Wade Phillips.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we want a guy who will do well but not so well that he’ll get hired away. And we want a guy who will do well but has done crappy enough that he’s available. Reminds me of what I used to tell people re: projects - good - fast - cheap … pick 2

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Isn't Evero a Fangio disciple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts