[DEBATE] Staff

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Where is this weeks scapegoat

DePack said:
Now that Carroll is gone who will be this weeks scapegoat? Somebody has to go to keep the heat off Thompson. How about Sanders? Last week we played with ten men on the field twice.

"We will fix that"...this week our defense played with ten guys on the field only once and had 12 men on the field twice which cost us a timeout and a penalty that was declined because we couldn't even stop them with 12.

This kind of crap is inexcusable for a high school team. Last week it was inexcusable. This week it is flat out embarassing.

I don't get it....are you blaming Thompson or Sanders? Sanders actually has a direct connection to how many people are on the defense, so I think it actually makes sense to blame him. If that's the case, how is he a scapegoat for TT? Maybe TT is your favorite scapegoat? :wink:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GakkofNorway said:
Two words: Poor execution

Hard to execute when you can't even get the right number of bodies on the field, but I do agree that most of their problems are execution. I don't have a problem with MM's playcalling but the organization on the sidelines has to improve.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To not have the right number of bodies on the field is called poor execution as well as poor execution of plays.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ahaug82 said:
DePack said:
Now that Carroll is gone who will be this weeks scapegoat? Somebody has to go to keep the heat off Thompson. How about Sanders? Last week we played with ten men on the field twice.

"We will fix that"...this week our defense played with ten guys on the field only once and had 12 men on the field twice which cost us a timeout and a penalty that was declined because we couldn't even stop them with 12.

This kind of crap is inexcusable for a high school team. Last week it was inexcusable. This week it is flat out embarassing.

I don't get it....are you blaming Thompson or Sanders? Sanders actually has a direct connection to how many people are on the defense, so I think it actually makes sense to blame him. If that's the case, how is he a scapegoat for TT? Maybe TT is your favorite scapegoat? :wink:

Go back and read my posts SANDERS SANDERS SANDERS!!!!!! One week and you might cut a rookie DC a break. Two straight weeks and ???????

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree that it has happened to many times in the last few games, and that it needs to be corrected. But this happens to all kinds of teams. Different situations get sketchy and people screw up assignments.

This happens to the best of teams. Thats not an excuse at all. Its an inexcusable situation and it should not become a trend. But to think that thats not gonna happen on a team with a first time coach, a first time DC and several young players is setting yourself up for disappointment.

The New York Giants had a couple plays last week where they were beat to the line and caught off guard. They didnt have the right people on the feild and it resulted in a touchdown. thats a good vet D with a good DC.

again not an excuse, it shouldnt happen and i dont like it. But its gonna happen.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
ahaug82 said:
DePack said:

Go back and read my posts SANDERS SANDERS SANDERS!!!!!! One week and you might cut a rookie DC a break. Two straight weeks and ???????

Ok... I'm reading it and I see that you think that if Sanders is fired, it would be an attempt to take the heat off of TT because there weren't 11 people on the field. It still doesn't make any sense to me. :-?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

haha exactly ahaug... DePack you brought up TT in a way saying it was fault.

If you think he needs to take heat off himself, then you are obviously stating that you are putting heat on him.

The implied feeling of the statement and you cant argue this is that, TT is ******** up everywhere and that each time we lose he needs to fire someone so he isnt to blame. this week you offered up Sanders. dont act like you didnt start this thread with TT in mind.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Or how about we sum up the game by saying Leonard (I should be in Prison) Little made a play that our 36 Million dollar woosy DE could never make in crunch time, leave at that, and lose with some fricken dignity once.

This was a total bait thread De. As a senior member of the forum, you should be ashamed of yourself. Weren't you the Prince of Peace a few months ago? I'm still trying to live by my pledge, what happened to yours?

Reaction score

For what it's worth, I was pretty mad at Brett for "losing" us the game. I now realize that was inappropriate on my part, because ultimately you can never pin the blame on one person.

There were a host of things that led to this loss.

One important thing I feel that people take the wrong way is "the Packers were in it at the half". Yes they were, but it wasn't because of the talent on the roster, it was because the Rams kept shooting themselves by committing penalties.

Ultimately, in th esecond half the teams we have faced reduce their mistakes and that leads to better execution. That is why the Rams were running wild on us, because they have Holt/Bruce at WRs, and Jackson at RB. Those skill positions have better talent than the Packer skill positions.

That said, having 10-12 men on the field is poor game management. One thing I have seen though is that McCarthy doesn't baby his players, he holds them accountable. So to blame just McCarthy on the poor execution is wrong IMO, because the players should realize what plays they are a part of, etc.

Hawk is young, so he needs to be cut some slack. I can only imagine how nerve racking it is to realize the ball is coming your way, and you have a potentially game changing play to be had in all of about 2-3 seconds. He is young, and hopefully he will improve in this area. The Harris dropped INT is somethign he will be the first to say he should have had. However stuff like this happens every game, you have to live with it.

As for the whole "who is the scapegoat", there were factors that led up to why we lost. Tauscher was one of the reasons for the last second fumble, Brett was also a reason, Colledge shouldn't have been put into that position but he deserves his share of the blame, and who knows who else should be responsible (perhaps the RB was supposed to stay back and help block, and didn't do so).

Eventually it is a team game, and the fact that the Packers were desperately trying to catch up means there were other things that went wrong throughout the game.

Who lost this for us? Who cares. (IMO) Ultimately if we are to judge these Packers by W-L, then we will be disaopinted. Judge them as you would judge a rebuilding team, by the improvement they show week in and week out.

And there was no bigger indication of improvement this week than the performance of the O-line overall, and how it did wonders for our running game. So we are improving in some aspect week in and week out, which is the only thing we can ask at this point really.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sorry I am with DePack, the coaching on this team is just plain awful.

And IMHO it is TT´s responsibility, he hired those clowns.

¨We need to restore the Lambeau Mistike¨, Ja,ja,ja,ja, In order to do so we will need a real HC, even a real rookie HC like Payton or Childress not a bunch of clowns like MM and friend`s.

I will say FIRST you need to learn how to keep 11 players on the field, not 10 not 12, just 11.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DakotaT said:
Or how about we sum up the game by saying Leonard (I should be in Prison) Little made a play that our 36 Million dollar woosy DE could never make in crunch time, leave at that, and lose with some fricken dignity once.

This was a total bait thread De. As a senior member of the forum, you should be ashamed of yourself. Weren't you the Prince of Peace a few months ago? I'm still trying to live by my pledge, what happened to yours?

Dakota...I'm not here to make you or anybody else happy. I'm also not here to get your approval. You guys are a little batty. Losing will do that to you.

If any of you think TT isn't taking heat you know nothing. The heat is on. Read the papers. Listen to anybody that talks about it. Sorry but in the NFL if you take a 10-6 team and make them a laughing stock of the league (which even the biggest TT apologists will admit has happened to date) the heat will be on.

Does this mean I think TT is to blame for 10 or 12 guys on the field 5 times in the past two games? NO...No...No let me say this one more time NO. But whenever TT's name shows up you guys go in spin control faster than Karl Rove. I put the blame squarely on Sanders and his assistants for this but you guys can't read that. TT's name was brought up because he is the one responsible for dealing with the offending parties.

I'm really not sure what this man has done to receive your undieing love but relax. I've been fair to your Superhero. Just show me some hope and improvement by the end of the year and I'll buy in. If not go dye your hair and retire to Florida with all of the Millions you've stolen from Green Bay. Even TT apologists can see that that's not asking too much is it?

BTW....bait this!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF???? C'mon man this WAS about who's to blame for 10/12 men on the field. Just relax and let a damn conversation take place. Man I hope I get banned......ridiculous.

Reaction score
Honestly it turned into a TT debate.

All such things should be kept to this thread.

That way for people interested in debating TT/MM/et al. know where to come to.

For all those other people who are tired of reading "TT this, TT that", then this saves them a bunch of time.

I believe a lot of the people fall in the latter category.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
DakotaT said:

Dakota...I'm not here to make you or anybody else happy. I'm also not here to get your approval. You guys are a little batty. Losing will do that to you.

If any of you think TT isn't taking heat you know nothing. The heat is on. Read the papers. Listen to anybody that talks about it. Sorry but in the NFL if you take a 10-6 team and make them a laughing stock of the league (which even the biggest TT apologists will admit has happened to date) the heat will be on.

Does this mean I think TT is to blame for 10 or 12 guys on the field 5 times in the past two games? NO...No...No let me say this one more time NO. But whenever TT's name shows up you guys go in spin control faster than Karl Rove. I put the blame squarely on Sanders and his assistants for this but you guys can't read that. TT's name was brought up because he is the one responsible for dealing with the offending parties.

I'm really not sure what this man has done to receive your undieing love but relax. I've been fair to your Superhero. Just show me some hope and improvement by the end of the year and I'll buy in. If not go dye your hair and retire to Florida with all of the Millions you've stolen from Green Bay. Even TT apologists can see that that's not asking too much is it?

BTW....bait this!!

Can't we ever put the finger pointing and name calling away! Can't we discuss the improvement in the O-line for instance. Fricken negative nancies all the time.

What I take offense to is **** like TT being my Superhero. I support him because he is our GM. Do I think he makes mistakes, sure I do.

Keep taking your little personal pock shots on us all you want. I guess you've earned the right. But it doesn't mean any of us like it.

You're right about Sanders though, and why Schottenheimer is back here is beyond me.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Negative nancies? Isn't that name calling. And didn't you steal that from trom?

That's the problem here. If people don't agree and drink the koolaid you guys rip him.

And hey your patriotism toward the Packer GM is noble. I don't remember you supporting Sherman when "he was our GM".

I invite you to go back over every one of my posts. I don't needlessly rip TT. In fact I think he deserves a chance this year but I'm not going to kiss his **** and he is NOT off limits. Again, what has he done to deserve this?

I'm now the bad guy here because the other realist with regard to TT have been put in their place. I've told the mods and admins if they don't want anybody questioning our GM, they better ban me now. If he does a good job I'll love him...just like I did Sherman. This thread, however was meant to be about Sanders and Schott but when people flip over a perceived slight to TT I will respond.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom stole it from me. and Depack this thread is in the right place. it started as a TT thread and ended as one.

and your comments about sherman are true. no i didnt support Sherman when he was the GM. He made bad calls then. and couldnt coach in the playoffs when the talent increade. im not gonna stand by that. I dont support a GM because i like him and thinks he has a nice haircut and he signed an autograph for my grammy once. I support TT because i think hes doing what he has to do and i like most of the moves so far. and i mean MOST not all.

I like the head coach decision, i think MM is gonna be quality.
and i like most of his personnell decisions to date. I hated the Kicker and punter situations ... but even on those hes proven me wrong.

This TT hate is crazy. and im not sayin you hate depack because in some cases you have been semi fair. You can tell people just wanna hate because they have to have an immediate reaction to losing. Losing now is a product of the last 3-4 years of work. people dont get that so they freak out and go to the head honcho and say he sucks.

Evidence: People hate on TT for not having a kicker in place. 3 weeks in its a love fest for our kicking and special team play.

Evidence: People hate on TT because he dismantled an aging offensive line. It had to happen sometime. he did it. replaced them with what looks to be our Oline for the next few years.

If your gonna rip the man, you gotta give him credit for what he does right, and its ok to admit TT doesnt suck that bad.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Negative nancies? Isn't that name calling. And didn't you steal that from trom?

That's the problem here. If people don't agree and drink the koolaid you guys rip him.

And hey your patriotism toward the Packer GM is noble. I don't remember you supporting Sherman when "he was our GM".

I invite you to go back over every one of my posts. I don't needlessly rip TT. In fact I think he deserves a chance this year but I'm not going to kiss his **** and he is NOT off limits. Again, what has he done to deserve this?

I'm now the bad guy here because the other realist with regard to TT have been put in their place. I've told the mods and admins if they don't want anybody questioning our GM, they better ban me now. If he does a good job I'll love him...just like I did Sherman. This thread, however was meant to be about Sanders and Schott but when people flip over a perceived slight to TT I will respond.

I wasn't a member when Sherman was GM, but I did support him until 4th and 26. I think I have been perfectly clear on that. This is not the place to go into the negatives on Sherman, because it only upsets you more.

I don't think your the bad guy at all. But the way you worded that opening of the thread was interpreted by me and others as TT bashing. What we read and what you mean to write are somethimes different.

I don't normally name call in this forum, but you pissed me off by calling TT my Superhero. Sorry about that.

Latest posts