Daunte Culpepper visiting Green Bay Packers!?!?

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quote from a buddy of mine:

if culpepper wears a packer jersey for even a minute, i will burn down lambeau field, chop thompson's **** off, shoot 100 random people in greenbay and spend the rest of my life on death row knowing i did the completely right thing

Marrdro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck with fumbleleana my friends.

I would revolt before settling for that cat. :lol:

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Quote from a buddy of mine:

if culpepper wears a packer jersey for even a minute, i will burn down lambeau field, chop thompson's **** off, shoot 100 random people in greenbay and spend the rest of my life on death row knowing i did the completely right thing

wow.

Ok . . . . buddy.

Sounds like a real . . . cool guy . . . to me.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt he'd serve any time for the shootings. Those 100 people in Green Bay would have probably shot themselves already;).

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul said:
You are missing the point. Culpepper is NOT a backup worthy QB.

The quality of Minnesota's QB corp is moot. It has nothing to do with the quality of Green Bay's. My point is that if you bring in Fumblepepper, it will definately be an example of "subtraction by addition".

Culpepper is a head case. He is convinced that he is the greatest to ever play the game, he acts (poorly) as his own agent, he causes strife in the locker room, he doesn't listen to his coaches, he expects to be treated like a king...

If he backed up Aaron Rodgers, he would constantly try and undermine him for the starting position. It would be a bad situation.

No smack talking there, just some simple observations from someone who put up with culpepper's antics for a long, long time... But hey, if you want him on your team, more power to you. Believe me, If Culpepper ever wears green adn gold the last thing I would be is jealous! ;)

Nodak - It appears my fellow Packer fans aren't taking your warning seriously.

I have always taken morale seriously, and think it's one of the most important (and definitely most underrated) aspect of the game. The last thing we need is a locker room cancer and/or head case. That's why I'm sure TT & MM won't pick him up, regardless of his backup potential.

Morale won the Giants a Super Bowl against a vastly superior (on paper) team. We were a better team on paper and they beat us. Why? Like I just said - morale.

We don't need someone to bring us negative morale. That would be bad, very bad.

Thank you for your warning. I'm confident our management will do the right thing, shake his hand, and tell him "no thanks, but best of luck."
i think you just might be right i cant see the management being fooled either. could be the old slight of hand trick show you one thing and do another :cross:

Django

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It amazes me that people think one player in a backup position could derail this team. This aint the Vikings folks, we actually have grown ups in charge at 1265. A veteran QB that knows the division, if healthy, is a good thing. If he farts in the wrong key he will be quickly kicked to the curb.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
All I know.. is at least it gives us something to talk about this week.. Packers news has been very slow and few this offseason...

Grumbling is better than nothing..

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It amazes me that people think one player in a backup position could derail this team. This aint the Vikings folks, we actually have grown ups in charge at 1265. A veteran QB that knows the division, if healthy, is a good thing. If he farts in the wrong key he will be quickly kicked to the curb.

AHA! That must have been why Brett was so good for all of those years. He was reknown for his farting abilities and he must have been farting in the right key all of those many many times.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm glad my job doesn't hold me to that standard. I don't even know what the right key is.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

I'm glad my job doesn't hold me to that standard. I don't even know what the right key is.

F sharp!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Talk about overreaction. Culpepper won't make or break this team.

If they bring him in I have no problem with it. They can always cut him in camp because he's not going to get a big contract. If he proves himself in TC then keep him as a one year stop gap and groom the QB the Pack will likely draft for the #2 spot.

If they bring fumblepepper in as a one year spot gap, and he is called upon to play for whatever reason, they will be drafting with the #2 spot next year... :D

Please my misguided packer friends. Don't kid yourselves into thinking that this would be good in any way shape or form. The only thing this is doing is providing sports talk shows all over the Midwest with something to laugh at.

Green Bay does NOT need to pick up Daunte. (Minnesota needs Green Bay to pick up Daunte ;))

Oh come on. If Aaron Rodgers gets hurt and Craig Nall comes in the Packers are going to be alright. Yeah that's the smart move here. How about a rookie QB like David Booty or Flacco. Packers better call Brett Favre or they will be picking #2 if Rodgers gets hurt.

The Packers probably won't sign Culpepper. I'm guessing this is a smoke screen to make teams think they may not look at a QB in the Draft but if they did sign him it's not going to do anything to the franchise in a positive or negative way. Culpepper is a QB looking for a job. If he earns himself a roster spot in TC then he should make the team. If he doesn't he's gone.

Acting like a signing of a Daunte Culpepper would send the Packers into oblivion and put the Vikings in the driver seat is going over board. Had Culpepper never played in Minnesota I'm sure feelings on this would be a lot different.

The irony here is I'm not so sure Tavaris Jackson is much better than Daunte Culpepper. The little action Culpepper saw last season was ok for a backup QB. Jackson's QB rating was actually 9 points lower. Now that's saying something.

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lmao good luck :D I would LOVE to see Culpepper in green and gold. That would make my day :)

OP
OP
N

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh come on. If Aaron Rodgers gets hurt and Craig Nall comes in the Packers are going to be alright. Yeah that's the smart move here. How about a rookie QB like David Booty or Flacco. Packers better call Brett Favre or they will be picking #2 if Rodgers gets hurt.

The Packers probably won't sign Culpepper. I'm guessing this is a smoke screen to make teams think they may not look at a QB in the Draft but if they did sign him it's not going to do anything to the franchise in a positive or negative way. Culpepper is a QB looking for a job. If he earns himself a roster spot in TC then he should make the team. If he doesn't he's gone.

Acting like a signing of a Daunte Culpepper would send the Packers into oblivion and put the Vikings in the driver seat is going over board. Had Culpepper never played in Minnesota I'm sure feelings on this would be a lot different.

The irony here is I'm not so sure Tavaris Jackson is much better than Daunte Culpepper. The little action Culpepper saw last season was ok for a backup QB. Jackson's QB rating was actually 9 points lower. Now that's saying something.

Jackson carried an 80.1 QB rating over the last half of the season... ;)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Jackson's QB rating was a 70.8. The games in the beginning of the year count too. Regardless an 80.1 QB rating isn't much better than a 78. It's about on par.

Jackson had zero 300 yard games in 12 starts. His stats were 9 TD's and 12 INT's in 12 games with 1,911 yards.

Culpepper played in 5 games and had 5 TD's, 5 INT's, and 1,331 yards and one 300 yard game against the Vikings. That means in a 7 game span Culpepper would have to throw for about 100 yards in each game to match Jackson. Throw in a a 2 TD game and a TD pass every other game after that and he actually surpasses Jackson in TD passes. One INT a game and he ties him in picks.

So basically in a 7 game span he'd have to throw for 100 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT to match Jackson. Give or take obviously. So he'd have to be the Culpepper from Miami.

That either tells me of two things

1. If Culpepper is washed up then the Vikings are going no where with Jackson.

2. If Jackson can get the job done then Culpepper at the very least can be a backup.

Further more Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are not idiots. If they thought Culpepper would be a head case and any threat to Aaron Rodgers then they wouldn't sign him. My guess is he'd know his role if he came here because if he didn't, he wouldn't be here long enough to be a problem.

vikinggreg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul said:
porky88 said:

Jackson's QB rating was a 70.8. The games in the beginning of the year count too. Regardless an 80.1 QB rating isn't much better than a 78. It's about on par.

Jackson had zero 300 yard games in 12 starts. His stats were 9 TD's and 12 INT's in 12 games with 1,911 yards.

Culpepper played in 5 games and had 5 TD's, 5 INT's, and 1,331 yards and one 300 yard game against the Vikings. That means in a 7 game span Culpepper would have to throw for about 100 yards in each game to match Jackson. Throw in a a 2 TD game and a TD pass every other game after that and he actually surpasses Jackson in TD passes. One INT a game and he ties him in picks.

So basically in a 7 game span he'd have to throw for 100 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT to match Jackson. Give or take obviously. So he'd have to be the Culpepper from Miami.

2. If Jackson can get the job done then Culpepper at the very least can be a backup.

Further more Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are not idiots. If they thought Culpepper would be a head case and any threat to Aaron Rodgers then they wouldn't sign him. My guess is he'd know his role if he came here because if he didn't, he wouldn't be here long enough to be a problem.

Jackson didn't pop his quad and end up on IR after bragging about how fast he was and racing a DB. If the Packer bring in Daunte they have to get a slow DB for him to run against. :wink:

TheTroll

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul said:
porky88 said:

Huh.....we say that about the Vikings guys, yet you guys disagree.....

Culpepper has a cocky personality, that is obvious. He caused a ton of trouble for us. The Raiders and Dolphins obviously didn't want him back. If you want to take a chance with him good for you. We will sit back and laugh because we have already experienced Culpepper.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts