Dantes 2022 Draft Thread

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been reading through this thread...great stuff..great input. Remember that the powers that be picked Lovey Howell. So there is that to consider - I could never predict what is going to happen and how the draft is going to play out. If Gute makes the mistake of trading down and drafting WR position later, I see it as a big mistake. The cupboards are bare. The Safety position needs addressed as well as RT and IDL. We need a burner at WR pronto. For some reason I think Olave is a target.
Would you be happy with this first 3 rounds?

Attachments

• BFFA5D03-C5D7-4EBE-BEE8-DCECB37C9DF4.png
    BFFA5D03-C5D7-4EBE-BEE8-DCECB37C9DF4.png
    229.9 KB · Views: 122

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Tyler Smith (possibly at 28)
I'm a firm no on Smith in the 1st Rd. He had 12 holding calls last year, what is he going to do playing elite competition every game. His plus's are his age, and he's dominant in the run game, 2021 PFF 93+, which improved from 2020 PFF 86+, but his pass blocking needs developing and went down from PFF 78+ in 2020, to 2021 PFF 75+.

Penning on the other hand, in 2021, albeit at an FCS school, had an unbelievable 99.9 PFF in the run game , and an 87.0 PFF in the passing game.

Both Smith and Penning would be great additions for any team in the running game, which is something I'm looking for in any OL we draft this year, but we also have Aaron, and he needs to be kept upright, however, holding penalties are just huge drive killers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a firm no on Smith in the 1st Rd. He had 12 holding calls last year, what is he going to do playing elite competition every game. His plus's are his age, and he's dominant in the run game, 2021 PFF 93+, which improved from 2020 PFF 86+, but his pass blocking needs developing and went down from PFF 78+ in 2020, to 2021 PFF 75+.

Penning on the other hand, in 2021, albeit at an FCS school, had an unbelievable 99.9 PFF in the run game , and an 87.0 PFF in the passing game.

Both Smith and Penning would be great additions for any team in the running game, which is something I'm looking for in any OL we draft this year, but we also have Aaron, and he needs to be kept upright, however, holding penalties are just huge drive killers.

I don’t foresee Smith having the issues as much personally with our coaching and sliding him inside. I’m not personally picking him to have to deal with edge rushers, but he has the ability to play tackle with refining technique which is his only issue from what film I’ve watched.

speakhands

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How my desired big board for the Packers is set up for Thursday.

1. Garrett Wilson, WR
2. Chris Olave, WR
3. George Karlaftis, Edge
4. George Pickens, WR
5. Skyy Moore, WR
5. Treylon Burks, WR
6. David Ojabo, Edge
7. Joshua Paschal, Edge
8. Jahan Dotson, WR

None of the WRs are perfect, and I'd take past favorites like Calvin Ridley over them in a heartbeat, but it is what it is

If it weren't for having Cobb and Amari Rodgers, I'd love to have Khalil Shakir.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Last clusters...

Round 1: Players that I am thinking about either via trade up, an unexpected fall, or just solidly at #22.

-Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama
-Jordan Davis, iDL, Georgia
-George Karlaftis, ED, Purdue
-Zion Johnson, OL, Boston College
-Daxton Hill, DB, Michigan

Round 1/2: Players I could see being the pick later round 1 or via trade-down.

-George Pickens, WR, Georgia
-Travis Jones, iDL, Connecticut
-Arnold Ebiketie, ED, Penn State
-Lewis Cine, S, Georgia
-Perrion Winfrey, iDL, Oklahoma
-Logan Hall, iDL, Houston

Round 2: Players who wouldn't shock me higher up, but who I generally like in the 2nd.

-Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati
-Skyy Moore, WR, W. Michigan
-Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State
-Luke Goedeke, OL, C. Michigan
-Drake Jackson, ED, USC
-Josh Paschal, ED/DL, Kentucky
-Nick Cross, S, Maryland
-Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State

Round 3: Again, players who wouldn't shock me higher, but who I generally like in the 3rd.

-Jalen Tolbert, WR, S. Alabama
-Khalil Shakir, WR, Boise State
-Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA
-Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia
-Zach Tom, OL, Wake Forest
-Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State
-DeAngelo Malone, ED, W. Kentucky
-Bryan Cook, S, Cincinnati

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sold on Logan Hall. He's too tall and plays too upright. I think he could be another Dean Lowry. I really liked Ebiketie when I watched him play for Penn State last season but I seriously wonder if he may be a bit too small. If he falls to the third round, I'd snap him up but would pass on him in the first or second round.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally would love to see what kind of attack Hall might offer off the edge standing if honest. He is a poor mans Karlaftis and both intrigue me with all they might be at the next level for Barry to play with.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I personally would love to see what kind of attack Hall might offer off the edge standing if honest. He is a poor mans Karlaftis and both intrigue me with all they might be at the next level for Barry to play with.
Both meet the typical 1st rd Packers "requirements" with age and RAS

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm not sold on Logan Hall. He's too tall and plays too upright. I think he could be another Dean Lowry. I really liked Ebiketie when I watched him play for Penn State last season but I seriously wonder if he may be a bit too small. If he falls to the third round, I'd snap him up but would pass on him in the first or second round.

I also have questions about Hall.

As an interior player, he's an exceptional athlete. As an edge, not so much.

At his age, with his frame, he's intriguing as a moldable athlete who could be a sub rusher initially and grow into more. But I prefer Winfrey to him.

Ebiketie is a stud. Athleticism, production, advanced metrics, tape... it's all there for him. I'd take him over Jermaine Johnson.

He's just old. Like so many guys in this class.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how quick Ebeketie plays. I just wonder how much a speed rush works if you are a bit undersized and the other pass rush moves are less effective. Maybe he's another Elvis. Elvis Dumervil that is. He's bigger than the NFL Elvis with a great burst. Gute may have the choice between Karlaftis and Ebeketie late in the first round.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
One last mock (no trades) just so I can laugh at myself come Friday...

1. Jaguars: T. Walker, ED, UGA- Walker is rumored to be Baalke's guy and I think he gets his way.

2. Lions: K. Thibodeaux, ED, OR- The Lions have a good source on Thibodeaux's character in Sewell.

3. Texans: A. Hutchinson, ED, MICH- Lovie Smith will prioritize front four pass rushers.

4. Jets: I. Ikwonu, OT, NCSU- Fant is in a contract year and Becton is reportedly over 400 lbs.

5. Giants: E. Neal, OT, UA- With one tackle off the board, NYG goes OT first so as not to lose out.

6. Panthers: C. Cross, OT, MSU- CAR will trade down if they can, but OT is a massive need.

7. Giants: D. Stingley, CB, LSU- I think it's CB here if they go OT at #5; Stingley over Gardner is just a guess.

8. Falcons: J. Williams, WR, UA- Falcons are rebuilding and don't need to rush Williams' recovery.

9. Seahawks: T. Penning, OT, UNI- Seattle regularly does stupid BS in round one.

10. Jets: A. Gardner, CB, CIN- Saleh will covet Gardner's elite length at the LOS.

11. Commanders: G. Wilson, WR, OSU- Rivera needs the offense to function to avoid the hot seat.

12. Vikings: J. Davis, iDL, UGA- The Vikings need interior help and the good ones in this class are few.

13. Texans: K. Hamilton, S, ND- Receiver or OL help would make the most sense, but I'm not seeing it; trade down likely.

14. Ravens: K. Elam, CB, FLA- Ravens quietly thin at CB and I think Elam fits them better than some others.

15. Eagles: D. London, WR, USC- The Eagles goes back to the well at WR to add some size to the corps.

16. Saints: C. Olave, WR, OSU- Saints nab a complement for Michael Thomas before the position is cleaned out.

17. Chargers: T. Smith, OT, TULSA- Seems to be trickling out that teams are higher on Smith than the media.

18. Eagles: J. Johnson, ED, FSU- Roseman drafts on the DL.

19: Saints: D. Ridder, QB, CIN- New Orleans takes a swing at finding the next franchise QB.

20: Steelers: M. Willis, QB, LIB- This would make more sense via trade up, but I like the connection.

21. Patriots: T. McDuffie, CB, UW- I think BB will like McDuffie's man skills and has shown a willingness to draft smaller corners before.

22. Packers: Z. Johnson, OL, BC- Five spot versatility to upgrade wherever he ends up fitting in.

23. Cardinals: K. Green, OL, TAMU- Chalky to give them OL, but they need it; went with an alternative to the normal Zion pick.

24. Cowboys: T. Burks, WR, ARK- The Jerry Jones Arkansas connection is too compelling here.

25. Bills: A. Booth, CB, CLEM- Bills nab the last corner in the tier before it dries up.

26. Titans: T. Linderbaum, C, IA- The entirety of TEN's interior is nearing FA and I think Ben Jones could play guard for them.

27. Buccaneers: D. Hill, DB, MICH- Versatile DB luxury pick for a team with very few holes.

28. Packers: T. Jones, iDL, UCONN - Trade down for WR most likely; Jones super versatile and talented and this iDL class is shallow.

29. Chiefs: G. Pickens, WR, UGA- Rumor that the character stuff here is bad, so he would fit with the Chiefs.

30. Chiefs: G. Karlaftis, ED, PUR- Chiefs need more on the edge to support Chris Jones.

31. Bengals: Q. Walker, LB, UGA- Cincy could really use a better player next to Logan Wilson at linebacker.

32. Lions: S. Howell, QB, UNC- Late smoke that Howell could sneak into rd. 1; his tough guy attitude would fit Campbell.

Fell out of Rd. 1 for me:

-K. Pickett, QB, PITT
-B. Hall, RB, ISU
-J. Dotson, WR, PSU
-B. Raimann, OT, CMU
-D. Wyatt, iDL, UGA
-N. Dean, LB, UGA
-D. Lloyd, LB, UT

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1. Jaguars: T. Walker, ED, UGA- Walker is rumored to be Baalke's guy and I think he gets his way.

2. Lions: K. Thibodeaux, ED, OR- The Lions have a good source on Thibodeaux's character in Sewell.

3. Texans: A. Hutchinson, ED, MICH- Lovie Smith will prioritize front four pass rushers.

4. Jets: I. Ikwonu, OT, NCSU- Fant is in a contract year and Becton is reportedly over 400 lbs.

5. Giants: E. Neal, OT, UA- With one tackle off the board, NYG goes OT first so as not to lose out.

6. Panthers: C. Cross, OT, MSU- CAR will trade down if they can, but OT is a massive need.

7. Giants: D. Stingley, CB, LSU- I think it's CB here if they go OT at #5; Stingley over Gardner is just a guess.

8. Falcons: J. Williams, WR, UA- Falcons are rebuilding and don't need to rush Williams' recovery.

9. Seahawks: T. Penning, OT, UNI- Seattle regularly does stupid BS in round one.

10. Jets: A. Gardner, CB, CIN- Saleh will covet Gardner's elite length at the LOS.

11. Commanders: G. Wilson, WR, OSU- Rivera needs the offense to function to avoid the hot seat.

12. Vikings: J. Davis, iDL, UGA- The Vikings need interior help and the good ones in this class are few.

13. Texans: K. Hamilton, S, ND- Receiver or OL help would make the most sense, but I'm not seeing it; trade down likely.

14. Ravens: K. Elam, CB, FLA- Ravens quietly thin at CB and I think Elam fits them better than some others.

15. Eagles: D. London, WR, USC- The Eagles goes back to the well at WR to add some size to the corps.

16. Saints: C. Olave, WR, OSU- Saints nab a complement for Michael Thomas before the position is cleaned out.

17. Chargers: T. Smith, OT, TULSA- Seems to be trickling out that teams are higher on Smith than the media.

19: Saints: D. Ridder, QB, CIN- New Orleans takes a swing at finding the next franchise QB.

20: Steelers: M. Willis, QB, LIB- This would make more sense via trade up, but I like the connection.

21. Patriots: T. McDuffie, CB, UW- I think BB will like McDuffie's man skills and has shown a willingness to draft smaller corners before.

22. Packers: Z. Johnson, OL, BC- Five spot versatility to upgrade wherever he ends up fitting in.

23. Cardinals: K. Green, OL, TAMU- Chalky to give them OL, but they need it; went with an alternative to the normal Zion pick.

24. Cowboys: T. Burks, WR, ARK- The Jerry Jones Arkansas connection is too compelling here.

25. Bills: A. Booth, CB, CLEM- Bills nab the last corner in the tier before it dries up.

26. Titans: T. Linderbaum, C, IA- The entirety of TEN's interior is nearing FA and I think Ben Jones could play guard for them.

27. Buccaneers: D. Hill, DB, MICH- Versatile DB luxury pick for a team with very few holes.

28. Packers: T. Jones, iDL, UCONN - Trade down for WR most likely; Jones super versatile and talented and this iDL class is shallow.

29. Chiefs: G. Pickens, WR, UGA- Rumor that the character stuff here is bad, so he would fit with the Chiefs.

30. Chiefs: G. Karlaftis, ED, PUR- Chiefs need more on the edge to support Chris Jones.

31. Bengals: Q. Walker, LB, UGA- Cincy could really use a better player next to Logan Wilson at linebacker.

32. Lions: S. Howell, QB, UNC- Late smoke that Howell could sneak into rd. 1; his tough guy attitude would fit Campbell.

-K. Pickett, QB, PITT
-B. Hall, RB, ISU
-J. Dotson, WR, PSU
-B. Raimann, OT, CMU
-D. Wyatt, iDL, UGA
-N. Dean, LB, UGA
-D. Lloyd, LB, UT

I cried seeing we passed on Karlaftis twice..... I should do a full first round predictive maybe before tomorrow evening.

Reaction score
How my desired big board for the Packers is set up for Thursday.

1. Garrett Wilson, WR
2. Chris Olave, WR
3. George Karlaftis, Edge
4. George Pickens, WR
5. Skyy Moore, WR
5. Treylon Burks, WR
6. David Ojabo, Edge
7. Joshua Paschal, Edge
8. Jahan Dotson, WR

None of the WRs are perfect, and I'd take past favorites like Calvin Ridley over them in a heartbeat, but it is what it is

If it weren't for having Cobb and Amari Rodgers, I'd love to have Khalil Shakir.
Is Paschal in Day 1 consideration? Or is that like a wild card pick of a last second riser or something. I try not be too critical but that seemed odd

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I cried seeing we passed on Karlaftis twice..... I should do a full first round predictive maybe before tomorrow evening.

I just figure that if they want an ED and a iDL in this class, it makes sense to take the iDL early. There's lots of depth at edge rusher and very little on the interior.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just figure that if they want an ED and a iDL in this class, it makes sense to take the iDL early. There's lots of depth at edge rusher and very little on the interior.
Oh I get the logic, even if my tears are staining my papers on my desk...

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Oh I get the logic, even if my tears are staining my papers on my desk...

Travis Jones would be a mighty fine consolation.

I fear they're not interested because he doesn't profile as the interior pressure type, but man that guy is a good prospect. There's nothing he can't do for you. And I think he's better interior pass rusher than lots of guys who are considered more disruptive types.

Reaction score
IF Penning got selected by us? He might need refining but he’d be an instant upgrade slid to RT.
My bigger concern would be, would the league change the rules to add “illegal MAULING” to the list of available fouls.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
IF Penning got selected by us? He might need refining but he’d be an instant upgrade at RT.
My bigger concern would be, would the league change the rules to add “illegal MAULING” to the list of available fouls.

I'm not sold that he would be an immediate upgrade over Nijman, Turner, or Jenkins at RT.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

-K. Pickett, QB, PITT
-B. Hall, RB, ISU
-J. Dotson, WR, PSU
-B. Raimann, OT, CMU
-D. Wyatt, iDL, UGA
-N. Dean, LB, UGA
-D. Lloyd, LB, UT
Is D Lloyd hurt or in serious legal trouble? Outside of those two factors, I doubt he even falls as far as pick 20.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Is D Lloyd hurt or in serious legal trouble? Outside of those two factors, I doubt he even falls as far as pick 20.

Yeah, maybe I'm way off base. We'll see.

But to answer your question, he's an off-ball linebacker who turns 24 this year.