Congrats To You Guys!

BlackNGold7984

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey whats up Pack fans, I was obviously rooting for the other team on the other side of the ball but wanted to give you guys props. The game wasnt a fluke at all and to be honest it was much closer than it shouldve been with how badly our defense was getting beaten up. I still think that if Colston hadnt fumbled on the 2nd play of our first drive it wouldve been a much different game. Our defense having to get RIGHT back out after trying to keep up with you guys on your first drive was just deflating.

But again much love and congrats to you guys! I know that tonight was a perfect way to top off your season opener coming off a superbowl win! I honestly wouldnt mind seeing the game played again down the road when hopefully Greg Williams can lite a fire under the defense.

Gotta ask though...did the fans put oil or something on the field cause oh my word everyone was falling down like the field was one giant slipping slide, it was almost comical. =P

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks!

Saints: Team and fans - class acts.

I suspect we will meet again in the post season.

I hope it is in Green Bay, because that was a close one. Home field helps!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as the oil, it was a vinegerette salad dressing. This is Wisconsin and well, lets just say there will be some grazing by some of the fans after the game.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, what a game! Saints have a heck of a team. Both Defenses looks spongy. Brees and Rodgers both put on a clinic! Difference in the game was the 2 4th down stops by GB's D. That's really what it came down to. Hell of a kick off to the season. Good luck to your team the rest of the season.

I think the slipping was just players having to get used to live, real game speed.

OP
OP
B

BlackNGold7984

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was standing up near the end as I watched Ingram seem to go over into the endzone and then get stuffed...I was like NOOO! But Im glad that Sproles and Ingram seem to really shine within the Saints offensive gameplan, if anything I can take that away from it. And obviously Brees still has it. But seriously our Defense is playing as if its basketball and just rubbing everyone that runs past them instead of putting them on the ground. All things that CAN be fixed, but shouldve been fixed awhile back.

I can stomach losing to GreenBay on opening night after they celebrate a SuperBowl win, at least a lot better than I could losing to Seattle. Again I really hope we play again the post season, the two teams are so close on both sides of the ball that itd be exciting to see how throughout the season they only improve. Again congrats.

OP
OP
B

BlackNGold7984

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea the two field goals didnt help, but I cant help feel like the fumble by Colston that you guys converted to a TD really sucked the momentum out of the offense and put a strain on our defense. Hate to see it happen to Colston as well as he is a premier player of our offense.

And seriously whatever it is you guys are putting on the field keep at it! I thought for awhile I was watching amateur hour at the skating rink.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, I can imagine. Losing to Seattle last year had to have stung.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Very well-played game, your team is still as explosive as anybody on offense. That new RT did a pretty decent job on Matthews, yes he got a lot of help but they didn't let Matthews change the game.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think you guys are going to win a lot of games this year, but I am disappointed in the Saints forcing Brees to throw 49 passes when they were running the ball so well at one point, then just drop all that and go pass pass pass pass.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish the Saints much luck the rest of the season. You guys have a heckava football team. Drees is awesome. Lay two losses on the Falcons.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Also, Darren Sproles was filthy tonight. I see him having a huge year.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks and congrats yourself! That game could of gone wrong for us at the end if our D were not solid. My heart was beating so fast! You guys have a decent team underneath all we saw tonight. I think you guys are actually better than you played up to tonight. Sometimes you have to take the postitves and just go with it. Brees is going to be good this year! That Sproles(sp?) guy is off the hook on the run. He's nearly unstoppable! Keep marching, Saints!

Chris in N.O.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good game guys. I went all in with two 10's on a hand that could have won me an Ipad just after Ingram got knocked. So I'm 0-2 on the night, but there's no team I'd rather lose to.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Just to point out, the fumble did happen. TOs are obviously vital. You as a Saints fan have to understand that. However, do you doubt for a second that the Packers kind of played it safe defensively and offensively in the 2nd half.
The tempo for our offense and defense changed dramatically every time we went up two scores. When it got close the Pack stepped on the gas.
Mad props to the Saints. A great football team with a great fanbase in a small market. I know after next week after you've pounded the Bears all this will be behind you. I'm actually looking forward to that game alot. I think NOLA is going to hurt the Chicago defense. We'll all be watching to see how your team attacks them.
Oh yea, please pound those Falcons down, they didn't seem to get the message after last year's humiliation at their joint.

AsylumGuido

Long Time Saints Fan
Reaction score
Just to point out, the fumble did happen. TOs are obviously vital. You as a Saints fan have to understand that. However, do you doubt for a second that the Packers kind of played it safe defensively and offensively in the 2nd half.
The tempo for our offense and defense changed dramatically every time we went up two scores. When it got close the Pack stepped on the gas.
Mad props to the Saints. A great football team with a great fanbase in a small market. I know after next week after you've pounded the Bears all this will be behind you. I'm actually looking forward to that game alot. I think NOLA is going to hurt the Chicago defense. We'll all be watching to see how your team attacks them.
Oh yea, please pound those Falcons down, they didn't seem to get the message after last year's humiliation at their joint.

We intend to do just that. The Failclowns are beginning to believe the media hype and are due a good **** whipping.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think last year everyone wanted the Packers/Saints for the NFCCG. But that's the NFL. Any given Sunday.
Here's hoping all of our guys will heal quickly after this game. Two big players with injuries. It's the one thing I didn't want to see this game.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game to you too. Can't say I wasn't scared on that last play. Drew Brees keeps playing like that and good things will come to you this season. I wouldn't mind a NFC Championship rematch in the playoffs though hopefully with the same result as tonight :p

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Props to all you Saints fans (with one notable exception) you are as classy as your team. One of my best friends is a Saints fan, so when they are not playing the Packers I am a fan. I actually have liked them since I was a kid and watched Archie Manning -- don't know why for sure, just really liked the guy.
Here's to hoping you have a great rest of the season except when you're playing us -- which may well happen.